What is the better option for fitness.

• Home Workout

Votes: 31 52.5%
  • Gym

Votes: 24 40.7%
  • Only perfect Diet

Votes: 4 6.8%

Gym Vs Home workout

10K views 64 replies 53 participants last post by  Mr. H. 
#1 ·
hi folks,
I hate workout but now time has come i have to do this, bcoz my family doctors had suggested me to do some workout at home or join gym, i need to lose my body fats. I m already confused that what would be better for me playing with instruments in Gym or doing workout at home please advice me!
huh.gif

See less See more
#57 ·
Hi
You should go to the gym , that's because you are sitting at home everyday that's why you should go out and be in public place for a while. Second If you decide it to go to gym 4 times a week then you must stick to this, don't skip it. Third- I was working out at home ( 5 days) but after few weeks I said to myself " I will skip training today and go for shopping" don't do this , don't skip it. I belive I'm more lazy when I'm at home.

#59 ·
My home is right here, the gym is somewhere else.
No one plays loud off-key hip hop or howls like an animal in my home.
If I want advice, bad or good, my home has youtube.
Invest money in a gym and it vanishes, invest money in home equipment and it stays [sure, bands may wear out but who wears out free weights!?]
A gym has an impressive variety of machines and weights but a limited selection enforces learning of a wider variety of techniques.
I'll stick with home workouts for now.
The one down side is its quite unlikely for a random stranger to walk into my house, pick up weights, and end up becoming my friend- lol

#61 ·
My outdoor workout season is almost here, using walking, weight lifting, deep bends, and upper arm workouts. (Walking to the library to pick up 20 lbs. of books, and coming home and working in the garden and sweeping the walk). ;)

#62 ·
I have access to a free gym in my apartment complex, and I've never used it. When the weather is warm, I do go outside to exercise semi-regularly. I tend to get lazy in the winter. I bought some weights, jump rope, and push up bars to use at home, but I never seem to last more than a few weeks doing that stuff before I get lazy and stop doing it regularly.

As others have said, if the goal is weight loss, diet is the key, not exercise. The one time I ever had real success losing weight, I did it by cutting soda out of my diet and counting calories on my snacks. And that's it - I didn't limit my meals at all, and I didn't exercise any more than normal.

Now my weight's back up, and I'm starting to do the same thing again. I've definitely been drinking too much soda lately, and probably snacking too much. But I also want to exercise more, just for general fitness. As I said, I do tend to go outside once the weather warms up. I just went jogging a couple of days ago, which was nice.

--Fromper
:juggle:

#63 ·
I am fortunate in that I love to exercise. I love the way it makes me feel and I actually enjoy doing it, whether lifting weights or doing cardio on the treadmill. I used to love running but my knees can no longer handle the pounding.

I am all too well aware that exercise can never overcome a bad diet. This is a concept that many Americans fail to still grasp.

But exercise alone has so many great benefits, it is something everyone should be doing.

My company has a gym that has dumbbells and some weight machines as well as various cardio machines, so I work out during lunch time. I live in a small apartment room so don't do any home exercises.

#65 ·
I remember a rule I learned in Photography class. The best camera in the world is the one that you have with you. I guess the corollary would be something like, if you own the best camera in the world, its still worthless, if you leave it at home.

So the best workout, is the one you do. For some people, a gym membership helps them workout. Maybe its the social aspect. or that they spent good money on their membership and don't want to waste it. Or maybe they are creatures of habit and if they get into the habit of always going to they gym on _____ they always go to the gym on _____.

But for others the home workout is the best workout. You get up or get home and you just do it. Maybe there are less excuses. or maybe its the connivence.

anyway, just choose which would work best for you and Just Do It.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.