Allergic to my bra! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-27-2007, 06:55 AM
Beginner

I have had this awful rash on my breasts for a couple weeks. I finally gave in and went to a doctor. Turns out something with the bra's I am wearing caused an allergy. I know all normal bra's must be washed first since they contain formaldehyde, so now I am trying to find some organic or hemp bra's. Does anyone know of any good sites? Unfortunately, I need underwires since my boobs are too big
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-27-2007, 07:54 AM
Beginner

Some links to consider:

http://www.faeriesdance.com/underwire-soft-p-219.html

http://www.gaiam.com/retail/product/20-0187_MSTR

www.bluecanoe.com

www.pristineplanet.com
#3 Old 09-27-2007, 09:30 AM
Beginner

Did you sweat in the bra? It could be a diaper rash type thing, which is pretty common.

Or it could be the soap you use and if you sweat or if this bra rubs a bit more than your normal ones that could do anything. Any new fabric softeners or soaps?

What is the bra made out of? Organic or hemp won't necessarily help, people can be allergic to anything. In fact most things people are allergic to are "natural". How about a more acrylic or more cotton depending on what this one is made out of.

Maybe this one has a nickel under wire, but I don't know if that could cause anything if it is covered.

Did you compare the composition on the tag and compare with your other bras? I just don't think one can easily conclude you are allergic to the bra.
#4 Old 09-27-2007, 11:14 AM
Beginner

I am not sure, it could be any of those, I did some research on the internet, said that bra's should be washed every other time you wear them, and if you go without wearing one for a while, it should be washed first. So I have no clue what the issue is, I'll just have to pay closer attention next time!
#5 Old 09-27-2007, 12:07 PM
Beginner

I get a rash a lot of times right under the breast from sweat. Darn big boobs. Like Thalia said it could also be the detergent you're using too.
#6 Old 09-27-2007, 02:58 PM
Beginner

Yes, I get a slight rash every now and again from sweat. It's like only on the bottom side of the breast..normally around were the underwire is. Another joy of having big boobs.LOL....I use powder...preferable baby powder if I know I'm going to be sweating later on. It works wonders.
#7 Old 10-17-2007, 07:56 PM
Beginner

see if you can find ones that are all cotton or a cotton blend. anything with high amounts of synthetics is likely to cause it. i get it a little bit in the summer cause the things just don't breathe. i get a heatrash sometimes in the crease of my elbow from skin on skin contact. synthetic underwear have the same effect.

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"
#8 Old 10-19-2007, 08:25 AM
Beginner

decentexposures.com makes organic cotton bras in a huge range of sizes. I buy my underwear from them, too.

I got a rash from a bra with lace edging once. Very uncomfortable.
#9 Old 10-19-2007, 09:49 AM
Beginner

i hate lace

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"
#10 Old 10-20-2007, 11:12 AM
Beginner

Lace is evil. And what is up with those stupid little bows on bras? I mean, they show through your shirt? WTF? /End rant.

I get a heat rash if it's to hot and I'm sweaty, if I end up wearing my bra to bed and occasionally for no apparent reason. I try not to wear a bra with under wires when I'm at home/anywhere support isn't explicitly need. Unlike at work where those 42D's get in the way when you have to climb over 4 furniture pallets to get to a 500lb bookcase you are supposed to pull by yourself.

Rebbecca
#11 Old 11-03-2007, 11:43 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds like it could be the detergent, sweat, material, or heat.

I wear Victoria's Secret (mostly Wireless IPEX) and handwash my bras every single time I wear them with Woolite. I have a serious detergent allergy and most brands I can't use. Even when I first started dating my bf, I would lay my head on his shirt and get a rash alllll over my face. I didn't realize the cause until some time had gone by. If you're using the same detergent on the rest of your clothes and you're not having issues, then it's probably not that. Unless, of course, your clothes aren't tight fitting at all (still not likely).

I can't wear anything acrylic or wool (not that I'd want to). My skin gets itchy and rashy immediately. Cotton or Polyester would be your best bet, unless that's what your current bra is made of. Shop around Try switching to a fragrance free detergent if you're not using one now.

Speaking of detergent, the TJ Lavender kind is awesome. Sorry, off topic a bit.
#12 Old 11-04-2007, 01:09 AM
Beginner

A rash under your breasts can be a yeast infection too. Sometimes it will flare up when there's sweat or excess friction and then seem to go away when you're not hot or sweating, ...but if it's reacurring or itchy, it needs to be treated with the same medication you'd use for a yeast infection or "jock itch".

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page