VeggieBoards banner

Weirdo Periods

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  graphikali 
#1 ·
Ever since becoming veg, my cycle has become completely insane. I'll skip for about 3 months, then I'll be on for 4 weeks, off for 2, on for 6 and then off again for months. Since this started, it has never one day been heavy (just severely annoying)

Did anyone else experience this with the change of diet? I don't really want to go to the doctor to hear them tell me to "keep an eye on it"

Thanks, I was so happy to see this board has a women's issue forum

See less See more
#2 ·
I think it has less to do with what you're eating and more to do with how much you're eating. Are you eating less than what you should be? Are you the person who started the thread saying that you lost a lot of weight after going veg? Because a sudden loss of weight can mess up your period.

EDIT: My period was never affected.

#4 ·
Hmm. Well, I don't know how old you are, but I've heard that it's not uncommon for people who have had their period for less than 5 years to not have a normal cycle. Was it always normal, previously?

Maybe watch your food intake for a few days, check around online to see how many calories you should be getting (at least 1200, but I don't know your height or weight).

Edit: Whoops, you're old enough to have a mother-in-law and kids, so you're probably at least my age. Sorry, I didn't mean any offense. ^-^

#5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elena99 View Post

Hmm. Well, I don't know how old you are, but I've heard that it's not uncommon for people who have had their period for less than 5 years to not have a normal cycle. Was it always normal, previously?

Maybe watch your food intake for a few days, check around online to see how many calories you should be getting (at least 1200, but I don't know your height or weight).
Edit: Shoot. You're old enough to have a mother-in-law and kids, so you're probably at least my age. I meant no offense, anyway. ^-^

#9 ·
I think anything can mess with your dooberries, eg gm food , chemicals, meds, stress, difficult people , isolation, too much or too little activity, food allergies, too much or too little salt ( giving up salt messed with mine, because don't have much processed stuff, we need a bit esp in hot weather ) , dooberry problems can also be related to what is going on in your kidneys and thyroid, vitamin or mineral deficiencies, strongly flavoured or very fatty foods, gluten and yeast allergies, mood problems , etc. Lack of support, poverty, codependency, overuse of stimulants, pollution, metals in the water, poor living conditions, damp, danger, and the list goes on. Apparently there is an increasing market for panty pads that is in itself creating a recycling issue. Does that mean that more women on the planet are starting to have monthly troubles ? I don't like pads, I wish there was something nicer. I'd like them to make v thin coloured ones to match your underwear.

Some people are very protective of their daughters in these ways because they want to become grandparents, but then that's a vested interest really. I think women can also develop dooberry problems out of unconscious resistance to the pressure to reproduce ? The womb is a very sensitive instrument and may give out warnings as to something that is disagreeing with you. Just like the earth that seems to be giving us global warnings, that is becoming overheated from exploitation and pollution, lol

#11 ·
thanks Zoe for feedback. Just thinking about the recycling bit too, can't they make something reusable for 'the days when you don't know what's going to happen' . Out of strings and a piece of microfibre or something, or the triangle bit of the knickers would be like a pocket you could slip something into ? It's got to be attractive though or won't hit the general market. I feel that sustainablity is not always very well advertised or legislated for and that it's not safe to just rely on peoples' consicences on the whole since they tend to go along with what they like to do or have to do rather than thinking ahead. I sent some of my ideas off to the companies that make pads but haven't heard from them. Now see they're doing black tangas though so that's a start ! I suggested it to them , but maybe someone else had thought of it too , would have been nice if they'd reply to me at least , lolol sisters xxxxx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.