tank tops with bra straps showing - VeggieBoards
View Poll Results: Is it okay for the straps to show?
Yes, it looks dandy. 0 0%
No, it is a tacky atrocity. 0 0%
I don't care. 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-20-2004, 10:54 PM
Beginner

well? do you think it looks okay to wear tank tops/camisoles/spaghetti straps with bra straps showing, or should the straps be concealed or not present?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-20-2004, 10:59 PM
Beginner

I have to simply because my bra straps are so large that I would have to wear sleeved shirts in the summer.

ETA: with that said, obviously trying to show your straps is tacky (ie wearing a black bra under a white shirt)
#3 Old 11-20-2004, 11:06 PM
Beginner

I can see where it might look tacky (eg. if your bra was really ratty and old then it might not look so great). But straps are all good, I don't mind the look of them.
#4 Old 11-20-2004, 11:08 PM
Beginner

It's silly to care. Everyone knows what a bra is. Everyone knows most women wear them. Everyone should know that it is almost impossible to wear a shirt with skinny straps without bra straps ever showing.
#5 Old 11-20-2004, 11:10 PM
Baby Love

I think obvious bra-strap showage is tacky. Its worst when a woman is wearing a tank top with more of a racer back and a bra where the straps start several inches wider than that. In my opinion, the less bra showing, the better and if your bra does need to be visable a 'pretty' bra is a good thing
#6 Old 11-20-2004, 11:14 PM
Baby Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by misq17 View Post

It's silly to care. Everyone knows what a bra is. Everyone knows most women wear them. Everyone should know that it is almost impossible to wear a shirt with skinny straps without bra straps ever showing.

On that note: Do you think thongs and/or butt cracks peaking out from low-cut pants are not tacky?

I also think its tacky ... even though we all know most people wear underwear and have butt cracks and that a lot of pants these days are cut so low its hard not to show off a bit too much.
#7 Old 11-20-2004, 11:15 PM
Beginner

Isn't this similar to the whole "visible panty line" thing.. it seems more people are irked by that than the bra strap thing lol.. and it's just the shape, not even seeing the underwear directly. I don't really care either way. I guess it looks better if the bra straps are not showing but I don't care.
#8 Old 11-20-2004, 11:16 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinga View Post

On that note: Do you think thongs and/or butt cracks peaking out from low-cut pants are not tacky?

I also think its tacky ... even though we all know most people wear underwear and have butt cracks and that a lot of pants these days are cut so low its hard not to show off a bit too much.

Okay, showing thongs and butt-cracks are tacky. I should change what I said, if bra straps are showing and it is clearly intentional, it's tacky, otherwise it's fine.
#9 Old 11-20-2004, 11:18 PM
Beginner

well there IS the "layered look" where you wear like four camisoles/tanks of different bright colors. that can be groovy if done right (I'm not sure what "right" is, but I know I can't do it)

I agree that dirty bras and white bras tend t look tacky showing, though. If it shows, it ought to look like you intended it to show.
#10 Old 11-20-2004, 11:19 PM
Beginner

It looks trashy and sleasy to purposely show your red g-string in your low-rise jeans. Especially if you're 15. And it lowers your IQ by 50 points.
#11 Old 11-20-2004, 11:21 PM
Baby Love

I don't mind the layered look and since I have no boobies, it works for me. Big breasteded women like Krista don't get that non-tacky luxury

For the record, I don't like panty-lines either. Call me a undie purist.
#12 Old 11-20-2004, 11:23 PM
Beginner

i don't care. doesn't bother me. however, my own bra straps showing would only be ok if i were not wearing a shirt that could easily cover them. i freak out if i realize my bra strap is showing with a long sleeve shirt, but with spaghetti straps, the only way around it is to not wear a bra. i'd only wear black or colored bras if i knew they were going to show.

and seeing people's thongs absolutely disgusts me. the tops of other regular underwear i wouldn't mind, but i only ever see thongs sticking out.
#13 Old 11-20-2004, 11:29 PM
Beginner

I don't mind it, but I always make sure that the bra has skinny straps, isn't ratty, and matches the tank top.
#14 Old 11-20-2004, 11:41 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinga View Post

I don't mind the layered look and since I have no boobies, it works for me. Big breasteded women like Krista don't get that non-tacky luxury

Still, I try to be as non-tacky as I can. I only wear a skintone bra with a tank.
#15 Old 11-20-2004, 11:45 PM
Baby Love

Thats a good thing.
#16 Old 11-20-2004, 11:47 PM
Beginner

If Im wearing my black muscle back top I change my bra straps to my bright pink ones.

It rocks.

Straps all the way.
#17 Old 11-21-2004, 12:57 AM
Beginner

doesn't matter either way. If its clean, and you can button/zip/fasten it without turning blue, then wear it.
#18 Old 11-21-2004, 01:07 AM
Kiz
Beginner

I don't really like the look if they look like bra staps. If they are pretty colours and look like top straps it's ok. But it's a much better look to go braless or wear a strapless.

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#19 Old 11-21-2004, 01:39 AM
Beginner

Ha! Go braless! LOL...that's a good one. Trust me, my F cups swinging free in a camisole or tank top do NOT look better than a couple of run-of-the-mill bra straps.

If I'm going to wear something with my bra straps showing, I make sure it's either a skin tone bra or a pretty color that looks decorative.
#20 Old 11-21-2004, 01:56 AM
Kiz
Beginner

It's not a biggie. For other people it doesn't bother me at all. I was answering mainly for me. I just don't like my bra straps to show. I'd rather dangle.

#21 Old 11-21-2004, 02:06 AM
Beginner

ick. i hate skin tone bras. they are my biggest pet peeve. like kiz, mine is just a personal preference. they are too...grandmotherly. ugh. bra straps are okay if its in good taste, i suppose.

the thong think is tacky but i really really dislike the traditional brief/bikini panty line through thin pants/skirts. ugh.

‎"I just think there's something in being lost. I never feel lost. I just think, 'Oh. I've taken a diversion'." ~ Karl Pilkington
#22 Old 11-21-2004, 04:10 AM
Banned

Uhm...don't people wear STRAPLESS bras with tanks? I buy tanks with a shelf bra and then also wear a strapless bra. Don't people know about strapless and convertible bras around here?

No straps showing for me. Unprofessional.
#23 Old 11-21-2004, 04:14 AM
Kiz
Beginner

Unprofessional? Are you a hooker?

#24 Old 11-21-2004, 04:17 AM
Banned

Hehe. I only serve vegans.
#25 Old 11-21-2004, 06:33 AM
Beginner

I think it depends. Are you wearing a granna bra? Well no one wants to see that. Are you wearing a thin strapped pretty bra? go for it.

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#26 Old 11-21-2004, 06:51 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artichoke47 View Post

Uhm...don't people wear STRAPLESS bras with tanks? I buy tanks with a shelf bra and then also wear a strapless bra. Don't people know about strapless and convertible bras around here?

No straps showing for me. Unprofessional.

Strapless bras only work up to a certain cup size, and with me in a B cup, they don't work well and constantly fall down. My best friend is in a DD and having been prom shopping with her I don't think a strapless bra would give her the support she needs.
#27 Old 11-21-2004, 07:20 AM
Banned

Oh, I definitely prefer straps, but I am a 32B and wear strapless with the shelf bra, which holds the bottom of the strapless bra up, if that makes sense. I wouldn't just go strapless for the heck of it (w/o a shelf bra) unless I "had" to.
#28 Old 11-21-2004, 07:38 AM
Beginner

I have a C cup. No strappless bra can keep the girls in check.

I do, however, have a few bras with the clear plastic straps. I generally opt for these in a tanktop.

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#29 Old 11-21-2004, 08:09 AM
Banned

I guess I'm not convinced that strapless bras being ineffective has as much to do with cup size as it does with gravity and movement. I mean, if a B cup/average person has a problem, then it's not due to large breast size, if you ask me.

I know that mine usually stay up, but the darn elastic that they make very thick to help the bra stay up digs into my sides and causes red marks.
#30 Old 11-21-2004, 08:40 AM
Beginner

Ummm...how about it's slutty and tacky??

Yeah.

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"

www.animal-adoptions.org

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page