Do vegans smell different? - VeggieBoards - A Vegetarian Community
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-26-2004, 07:10 PM
Beginner

Hello,

I have been a near vegan ( rarely eating cheese or some baked good that contained dairy or egg) for the last three months. I just got my period last week and it smelled different. It wasnt nasty or anything (I mean no more than usual) but certainly different. I feel I know myself very well, so when I smelled that I wondered if that had to do with my diet change.

Is there anyone else out there that has noticed a change in feminine odours since they became vegan (or even vegetarian)? Thanks for the info ladies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-26-2004, 07:33 PM
Beginner

I got mine for the first time after I went veggie... And I'm really cutting down on dairy and I haven't noticed a differnce except the wicked cramps last time...

My friend Tina went veggie recently and said her period is like WOAH (aka heavy flow) but she doesn't notice a change in cramps or anything.

That's probably not really helpful...
#3 Old 08-26-2004, 07:38 PM
Beginner

I never noticed a change in myself, but it's entirely possible. I know there's a definite difference in the smell (and taste) of smokers vs. non-smokers, so I would guess that everything you put in your body affects your scent.

Pav
#4 Old 08-26-2004, 07:45 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavlovskitty View Post

I never noticed a change in myself, but it's entirely possible. I know there's a definite difference in the smell (and taste) of smokers vs. non-smokers, so I would guess that everything you put in your body affects your scent.

Pav

Thats interesting... I wouldn't have noticed a change tho, I was veggie before I became a woman (physically, anyway)
#5 Old 08-26-2004, 07:51 PM
Beginner

i was vegan before i ever got my period, but it has always smelled the same.
#6 Old 08-26-2004, 09:10 PM
Beginner

when I dropped dairy, I noticed fewer cramps.
#7 Old 08-26-2004, 09:14 PM
Beginner

it still smells disgusting
#8 Old 08-26-2004, 09:21 PM
Beginner

I haven't really experienced this myself, but I have noticed that my sweat/scent in general smells differently than in my lacto-ovo days, so I'd think it'd be possible. (dang, that is one long run-on sentence...)

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#9 Old 08-28-2004, 05:25 AM
Beginner

I have not made the transition to vegetarian completely but just from the drastic diet changes I have made toward veg and low fat, mine smells different and I am not having as much cramping or quite the ragine mood swings I was having. My BO also smells different.

The smells are similar but not as strong. I never have thought they were disgusting though, just smells.

Sunny

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page