Nausea and fuzzy head PMS frustration - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-28-2012, 07:32 PM

Hi hi !
So I'll bet this has been covered..but as I sit here struggling with predictable nausea, swimming head and an inability to focus exactly 7 days prior to period being due.. I've gotta ask... should the symptoms of PMS really be SEVEN days? Do you mainly have them a few days beforehand? And is there anything that works better than ginger for the waves of nausea that have come with it for the last few months?
Ugh.
I hate feeling like I'm stumbling through one week out of four and have countless presentations today that I'm suddenly dreading.
Sigh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-02-2012, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator

I'd advise drinking a lot more water before. You are going to want to replenish the blood you lost, and drinking a lot of water will help, as will things like juices. Soft drinks (Coke, Pepsi, etc) have caffeine, and caffeine will dehydrate you, as will chocolate. I find that Pamprin helps when I've been cramping up, too.

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#3 Old 03-05-2012, 01:06 AM

I don't really suffer from PMS, or not much/often anyway, so I don't really know. However maybe you should go see your doctor? I had friends with bad PMS and cramps and their doctors perscribed the pill to reduce the symptoms - your doctor may be able to help you. Spending 1 week a month with the descriptions you gave sounds really horrible
#4 Old 03-05-2012, 04:48 AM

I'd suggest seeing a doctor as well. It might be PMS but it also might be some other underlying issue. Getting some blood work would probably be helpful too.
#5 Old 03-05-2012, 07:59 AM
Ankle Biter

I'm wondering how old you are...? PMS often gets worse after 40 or so. Sorry!

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page