VeggieBoards banner

high blood pressure + bc

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  karenlovessnow 
#1 ·
My mom has really high blood pressure and is on bc. She takes bc to regulate her hormones. She gets severaly heavy periods that are really frequent and leave her bidridden at times but since her blood pressure has sky rocketed she has to stop the bc. Are there any other alternatives to control her hormones that wouldn't affect her blood pressure? She doesn't have insurance or else she would get a hysterectomy. Her blood pressure is also high due to genetics and absurd amounts of stress. She watches her diet and exercises.

#3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodedclawjen View Post

can she look into getting charitable support or a payment plan for the hysterectomy? has she looked into other options like a dilatation and curettage (D & C) that might cost less but still be helpful?
No she hasn't looked into a d&c. I'll mention it to her. She is currently going through a charitable support organization that is helping her pay for the bc and dr appts. She doesn't see the dr again for a few weeks so I'll tell her to bring up the d&c at her next visit. Thanks for the suggestion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.