aide on my son's bus - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-24-2005, 07:50 AM
Beginner

The new aide on my son's bus speaks really sharply to him in front of me.... I really don't like it. How can I best talk with her about it? I don't like telling people off especially an older person but I really don't like her tone of voice with my son.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-24-2005, 12:49 PM
Beginner

Maybe when she does it next time, say something like, "Hah! You must have grown up in the military--you sound so forceful and loud. Effecient with recruits, maybe, but I wonder if my son might listen to you more carefully if you spoke in the softer tones that I and his teacher use. There's really no need to speak sharply to him, and he and you will probably get along better if he's not frightened of you."

but that's a mouthful! whew! Good luck! Don't just let her get away with it, though. He's your kid and she should respect your wishes. There's no need to be harsh to a child if he's not dangling himself or another child out of the window or playing with a lighter on the bus.
#3 Old 08-24-2005, 01:24 PM
Beginner

I couldn't imagine Seb dangling anyone but it makes me laugh to think of it...she was much nicer today...maybe she was just having a bad day? I'll wait and see.......
#4 Old 08-24-2005, 01:52 PM
Vegan Police Officer

Suck up to her a bit. Tell her that her hair is looking good, or that her eyes are particularly sparkly. Or that you just LOVE her t-shirt and where did she buy it?

Then once she's fallen for your flattery, either she will be nicer to your kid, or you can say something to her which she will handle easier than if you just start criticising her.
#5 Old 08-26-2005, 08:51 AM
Beginner

If you go with the "suck up" plan...send cookies.
#6 Old 08-29-2005, 08:20 PM
Beginner

^^^Also useful for later if you want to introduce her to vegan baked goodies.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#7 Old 08-29-2005, 08:38 PM
Beginner

ahh vegan baked goods yummy. actually she has been much nicer I think she was just having a bad couple of days.
#8 Old 08-29-2005, 11:09 PM
Beginner

I'm really shy and absolutey hate any confrontation but if someone was doing something to my son I didn't like, I would tell them about it. Not in a rude way, but maybe something like, " We don't really talk that way around our house, so maybe if you could keep your tone a little less harsh. . . " Tell her that your son just isn't used to being spoken to in that manner and you're worried it will upset him.

Just think-if she talks like that to him in front of you, imagine how she treats him when you're not around.
#9 Old 08-31-2005, 11:21 AM
bad
Beginner

I'd just try being very poliet but firm. like Excuses me Mam, but could you please not speak so sharply to my son. I would apreshiate it if you could refrain from speaking so harshly to my son or somehting like that?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page