VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac or PC?

5K views 81 replies 37 participants last post by  Zerix01 
#1 ·
What do you use? I choose the mac for security, and ease of use reasons. Also they are very reliable.

#5 ·
Gee!...This doesn't seem like an advertisment :p

My house is maxed out with Macs. Seriously, it's iPods galore. I use an iBook G4, downstairs is the old Centris, the G3, and the prettiful G5. We even have an old Powerbook around here somewhere. You can't walk around the house witch out tripping over one of our million white cords.

#12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicallips View Post

Gee!...This doesn't seem like an advertisment :p

My house is maxed out with Macs. Seriously, it's iPods galore. I use an iBook G4, downstairs is the old Centris, the G3, and the prettiful G5. We even have an old Powerbook around here somewhere. You can't walk around the house witch out tripping over one of our million white cords.
Heh. It was like that when I lived with my parents for a bit after college, and my sis was still there too. Two Performas, a G4, two iMacs, three or four laptops of various models, a CX (I think)...and a partridge in a pear tree. (not to mention an old Apple II)

#13 ·
GNU/Linux, I don't see how anyone could want to support that evil monopoly. Besides their products are crap. I'll never use proprietary software, I like to be in control of the things that I own. Windows is horrible, & well OSX is just Unix with a fancy interfacy, but I can get much nicer interfaces for GNU/Linux.

#14 ·
I am a bit ticked off at the fact that Apple is switching to intel processors. I personally don't like them, but I'll have to live with them now. I wanted to buy an iMac g5, and squeeze as much out of it as I did my g3; but I don't think it will last me as long now, with the switch. I'll just wait until 2006 or 2007.

#15 ·
There are still many non-Mac sites and obviously software. I deal with it, but it was a pain that I could only use a music gift card from my birthday on my work PC, then had to burn it to CD and bring it home to rip into my Mac.

I've got no problem whatsoever with the Mactel switch.

#16 ·
At the moment, I'm running Linux and Windows. If I had the funds to satisfy my hardware lust, I'd probably pick up a Mac because my EPIA 900 is starting to show its age crunching some datasets. It's hard because there is not really anything headless between the mini and the dual g5 right now.

#23 ·
Please note - the two button line was a joke

I did a short course on Dreamweaver a few years a go and the college that offered it had Macs. They had the standart Apple one-button mouse and it drove me completely NUTS. I hadn't used Mac OS in a very long time. So if anyone asks me about using Macs, I always joke that I prefer PC because it has two mouse buttons.

#24 ·
I have to use a Mac at school (which, btw, has only one mouse button -- grr), but my home computer is a PC.

I want to get a laptop and I HATE Macs, but I really like the Final Cut software and I'd like to make some movies with my Creative Writing students, so I'm torn... I need to do some more research on movie-making/editing software for PCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.