VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac or PC??

6K views 95 replies 35 participants last post by  ae5 
#1 ·
hey..sry if this thread has already been posted..but im new so u will have to forgive me!!! lol

i just wanted know if u have a mac or pc...and wat type?

ive kinda always thought veg*ans usually have macs cuz they r different and creative...usually..so i wanted to make sure

im a mac user...just recently and i couldnt be happier with it..a powerbook 1.5 gig, 768 mb, g4, 15 inch ..yadayadayada..

RAWvolution!

#2 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAWvolution!!! View Post

hey..sry if this thread has already been posted..but im new so u will have to forgive me!!! lol

i just wanted know if u have a mac or pc...and wat type?

ive kinda always thought veg*ans usually have macs cuz they r different and creative...usually..so i wanted to make sure

im a mac user...just recently and i couldnt be happier with it..a powerbook 1.5 gig, 768 mb, g4, 15 inch ..yadayadayada..

RAWvolution!
Neither, I communicate directly with the Master Control Program using a voice activated interface embedded in my desk in my high-rise office.

End of Line

#3 ·
^^^^ hardee har har

There are a fair number of Unix folks here who may take exception with the choices.

I use a Mac at home, but I really don't see it as an issue of creativity. I grew up with Apples in the house and at school. Later, I needed to use a lot of software that was Mac specific. Still later, I worked in a Mac-based computer lab. So for me, it's a choice based on comfort level. I would argue that MacOS is a much more user friendly interface than Windows.

<<< has four computers in the house, all Apple.

#8 ·
I use Windows and Linux on a couple home built PCs. I don't have a problem with Macs, I just am used to PCs. Plus I'm a big gamer, so Windows makes sense for my uses(even though I hate Windows). Linux I just like to mess around with, but I'd definitely use it exclusively if all games worked on it.

#12 ·
I'm a small form factor convert myself.

Seriously, I have two computers running right now. The one I'm working on runs FreeBSD on a ViaEPIA (which is a low-energy consumption CPU and and motherboard). The fans on it are a bit noisy however. For games, game mod production and the handful of things I can't get working under FreeBSD I have a Windows XP running on a 1200 MHz Athlon Shuttle XPC which is barely audible (but needs a new CD drive unfortunately).

#14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post

Shuttle pc's are nice, but they heat up way too fast when you begin to throw better hardware in them. I can't imagine running a 3000+ Athlon XP plus a Radeon 9800 Pro, both of which run extremely hot and both of which are what's going in my next pc.
Different market. I don't care about having the latest and greatest CPU or video card. I usually get my games off the "used" shelf. For me a primary concern was not having a computer that sounds like a fricking hair dryer.

#16 ·
* pats the sparc next to him *

That's okay. You exist. Even if you aren't an option in this informal poll.

My other computers tend to be PCs, a few windows machine, a few linux machines, and an openbsd laptop somewhere. Other then the sparc and the laptop, all of my machines are homebuilt.

#17 ·
PCs for me. I am a big gamer and it just makes sense along with my profession seems to be catered more towards PCs...as most business' are. About to build my new PC as soon as I am confident i have enough $$ saved up...gotta make sure ill run WoW well when it comes out

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.