Last year I posted this thread
showing my little greenhouse (really not a greenhouse, but a cold frame).
I didn't build this to grow veggies, rather to have a place to put my curry leaf trees in winter where they would be shielded from the occasional frost we get here in South Central Texas. I was mostly happy with the job it did, but it was cumbersome to ventilate and I wasn't very impressed with how the scissor doors secured the openings on each end. Also, I rigged up my dryer vent to add a little heat on the coldest nights, but it was
poorly executed and looked sloppy to me.
This year I decided to upgrade and and built floor to ceiling doors and supports on each end. I also redesigned the dryer duct intake so it looks cleaner and functions more efficiently.
It's pretty bad ass now.
These first two pics show the wood frame/doors/overhead beam support I built inside the pre-existing metal hoop frame. You can see the scissor door pipes I removed in the left side of the pic. Those white boxes on legs are two of my beehives.
The next two pics show the the whole package wrapped up ready for winter.
I can open the large doors for ventilation, as well as roll up the sides from the bottom. I used some old plywood I had for the gussets on the doors. They are over-built, but that's ok.
The last two pics show the dryer duct coming from the house to the greenhouse. The dryer is just on the other side of the wall in the house. I used a flexible metal duct and installed a new vent on the greenhouse wall. I can quickly attach or unattach the duct as needed.
And there it is.
Last year It worked pretty good during the freezes. This year should be even easier and I am planning to convert it to a shade house for the summer.
I may build another one for veggies.