VeggieBoards banner

Online Vegan/Vegetarian Dating Services

6K views 67 replies 25 participants last post by  SomebodyElse 
#1 ·
Does anyone know of any free online services? Has anyone had any success?

I hope this topic isn't a repeat. The search feature didn't work when I tried it.

#4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganwayne View Post

Do you recall what those other websites were? I live in a different part of the country.
There's veggieconnection.com and veggiedate.com, that I know of. I've been on both, had no luck with either.

If I recall correctly, veggiedate had a trial period, but no free service after that. Veggieconnection has a free service, but it's pretty limited.

I've had better luck just being myself, right here.

#6 ·
I have played a lot on OK cupid. Its not specifically veg but very veg friendly.

I have found some cool people. the only problem is that the ones I realy want to meet are a distance away from me.

#9 ·
It's not a dating service, but if you'd like to find other people of similar interests to hang out with, try meetup.org. The veg groups are usually quite popular.

#10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post

It's not a dating service, but if you'd like to find other people of similar interests to hang out with, try meetup.org. The veg groups are usually quite popular.
I just joined a non-veg singles meetup group.

The singles group has its first meetup in a week and a half, however I met the organizer thru another meetup last friday night and we exchanged a flirtatious email back and forth over the past weekend.

#14 ·
Quote:

**** the internet and meetup.com. People are detacted and disconnected from each other because of the internet.
That is very true.

Its very difficult I think to meet people from online.

#15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlystar View Post

That is very true.

Its very difficult I think to meet people from online.
It's very difficult to meet people in person.

People are suspicious and mistrusting off each other in the US compared to 15 years ago because of the lack of face to face interaction caused by the internet and the news media bombarding people with crime stories morning, noon, night, print, television, and online.

It wasn't like this 15 years ago.

#16 ·
i joined veggieromance.com and had no luck, there were hardly any scottish guys on it, and although there were some cute english ones on there that i think i'd have got on with, it would take something very special to get me to do the long distance thing.

i'm going to try these other sites that have been mentioned, it's frustrating that i haven't found any fellow veggies in my new city.

#17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miso Jace View Post

i joined veggieromance.com and had no luck, there were hardly any scottish guys on it, and although there were some cute english ones on there that i think i'd have got on with, it would take something very special to get me to do the long distance thing.

i'm going to try these other sites that have been mentioned, it's frustrating that i haven't found any fellow veggies in my new city.
This doesn't make any sense. It sounds like a lot of people who've posted need to move to another city, state, or country.

#19 ·
I checked out planetearthsingles.com. Their stupid profile completion section took forever and had, like, 12 parts or something that asked *very* detailed questions. After all that, I discovered that there were only 6 or 7 local men on there and they were either far too old for me or creepy.

I'm sorry but I really hate online dating. I agree that the internet has disconnected people... I just want to meet someone the old-fashioned way.. you know, anywhere, out and about, with a face to face smile and spontaneous conversation! It's not like I'm a hermit or painfully shy either...! I've been single for 4 years and I really don't know what to do anymore.

#23 ·
Quote:

I know alot of vegan/veggie women but they're attracted to soft-spoken, skinny, scrawny, effeminate type boys. I'm a loud, macho, 210lb weightlifter. I might as well be gay.

i have a similar thing, the guys i like invariably dig petite, thin girlie girls, whereas i'm a tall, rubenesque nerdy tomboy. if i wasn't an atheist i'd be wondering what i did to deserve this.

#26 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodedclawjen View Post

are you a member of a vegan bodybuilding site? that might help?
I wouldn't learn anything about training on a bodybuilding site. I lift for strength and bodybuilders lift for mass.

I belong to a few non-veg power or O-lifting sites that are NOT social clubs and they shouldn't be. There aren't many if any female members on those sites and I don't care what the gender composition is anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.