Places to sneak off to? - VeggieBoards - A Vegetarian Community
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-03-2008, 02:09 AM
Beginner

Suppose you're dating someone who lives in another country and has very fanatical parents. The two of you want to go make out (or maybe take it a step further, if you can find a place). Where do you go?

Current ideas:

-Car (it gets really old/uncomfortable fast, but it's our failsafe)

-Movie theatre (or better yet, dollar theatre)

Other options? It'll be in a large North American city, if that helps. We're hoping his dad will go to bed and his mom will go out somewhere. It would be nice if he would just move out, but considering the extra money goes towards things like my new laptop and saving up for our house together in a couple of years, I can't really complain.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-03-2008, 09:28 AM
Beginner

heh, i used to date a guy and both of our parents were fanatics. We would once a month get a hotel room (even before we started having sex--we were each others firsts--we'd just you know, do stuff and sleep) but a lot of just making out happened on park benches and stuff.

Im sure there were more things we did, but I sort of forget... GL..
#3 Old 03-03-2008, 09:33 AM
Beginner

We used to go to the back of a church near college and make out in the graveyard! Or in the lift of the multi-storey carpark...
#4 Old 03-03-2008, 10:35 AM
Beginner

Car is usually the most private, if you can find a dark, out of the way place to park.

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#5 Old 03-03-2008, 01:42 PM
Beginner

in warm weather we'd go to the beach with blankets and find a nice spot to lay down.

It's not in what you say, it's in what you do (Oasis)

Feeling bored? Why don't you wander over to my blog sometime. http://thebohemiankitchen.wordpress.com
#6 Old 03-03-2008, 04:09 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy View Post

Car is usually the most private, if you can find a dark, out of the way place to park.

lol... my only experience in the car was a bad one: we were in a parking lot at night near the beach (tons of other teenagers parked there doing exactly what we were) and I ended up honking the horn with my foot! X.X

Lol, and my footprint is STILL on his windshield.

And it was all really awkward and cramped.

Yeah, was a good laugh but all in all not a fave of mine.
#7 Old 03-03-2008, 06:39 PM
Beginner

Set a fire in the northeast quadrant and make your peace in the southwest, while authorities and citizens are diverted.
#8 Old 03-03-2008, 06:43 PM
Beginner

I once had a woman come visit me who asked if there was a private place away from my folks we could go. (I was living with my parents at the time.) At the time, I could not think of any place at all.

Much later on, I remembered a spot by my old house. As soon as I remembered it, I told one of my friends about it and took her there to show it to her. First comment she made was "This place smells." It probably did as a lot of Northwest Florida is swamp land. I was suddenly glad I did not remember that spot after all.
#9 Old 03-03-2008, 06:51 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soy 6-Pack View Post

Set a fire in the northeast quadrant and make your peace in the southwest, while authorities and citizens are diverted.

raefactor, if you happen to be house-sitting for someone, you have a great opportunity right there. But I'm gathering that you're visiting him, so therefore it's not your city, and you wouldn't know anyone you even could house-sit for.

A lot depends on the weather. As previously suggested, blankets on the beach or in a secluded area of a park can be suitable, but not in freezing temps, heavy snow or rain. But if you just want to make out and not remove any warm clothing, the options increase.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#10 Old 03-03-2008, 07:55 PM
Beginner

If you have to 'sneak around' and find old houses and deserted graveyards to 'sneak off to' then it's time you found your own place to carry on your activities without waving it in your parents' and the general public's faces.

Sorry. I'm a parent. If I have rules in my house, I expect my kids to respect them even if they (and their hormones) don't agree.
#11 Old 03-03-2008, 09:56 PM
Beginner

If my kid was of the age of consent and they had a regular BF/GF, it wouldn't bother me if they had sex at home.

In fact, I think I'd prefer that as long as I didn't have to listen to it through the walls or anything.
#12 Old 03-03-2008, 10:08 PM
Banned

if the 'sneaking off' will be happening in toronto over spring break, i'd advise an indoor sneaking location or lots of blankets, or stuff will likely shrivel up from the cold.
#13 Old 03-03-2008, 10:46 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofu-N-Sprouts View Post

If you have to 'sneak around' and find old houses and deserted graveyards to 'sneak off to' then it's time you found your own place to carry on your activities without waving it in your parents' and the general public's faces.

Sorry. I'm a parent. If I have rules in my house, I expect my kids to respect them even if they (and their hormones) don't agree.

You think kids should remain celibate until they're able to move out?

I'd recommend saving up $30 and getting a hotel room, personally.
#14 Old 03-04-2008, 12:44 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofu-N-Sprouts View Post

I agree. Being a teenager myself I hear this all the time, I see it all the time, Really, I hate seeing "lovers" makeing out everywhere I look, For "God's" sake why can't people be together without having to make everything sexual? What ever happend to actual love? I remember people being so desperete they were having sex behind the Winn Dixie, I mean at least have enough respect for each other to go somewhere nice. If you're having to resort to going to old houses or graveyards, How about just not having sex? Why not just spend some non-sexual time with your bf/gf. You know, Show them they're more than just a sexual object too you.
#15 Old 03-04-2008, 04:34 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animosity View Post

I agree. Being a teenager myself I hear this all the time, I see it all the time, Really, I hate seeing "lovers" makeing out everywhere I look, For "God's" sake why can't people be together without having to make everything sexual? What ever happend to actual love? I remember people being so desperete they were having sex behind the Winn Dixie, I mean at least have enough respect for each other to go somewhere nice. If you're having to resort to going to old houses or graveyards, How about just not having sex? Why not just spend some non-sexual time with your bf/gf. You know, Show them they're more than just a sexual object too you.

They probably spend non-sexual time together too. That's a little bit of a jump there.

I vote for car because I can't really think of anything. I've never really had to hide that kind of stuff before, hahaha

edit: oh yeah, the OP said they were saving up to buy a house together? that sounds like they're more than just "sexual objects" to each other!
#16 Old 03-04-2008, 07:29 AM
Beginner

This makes me glad my mom had a very open relationship with my family. We were told when we wanted to have sex, let her know and she would buy us protection and get us started on the pill. I couldn't imagine having to sneak around.
#17 Old 03-04-2008, 07:51 AM
Beginner

car, beach, friends place, cheapo motel, or wait until the rents go out.
#18 Old 03-04-2008, 07:51 AM
Beginner

-a phone booth

-a sofa in a furniture store

-under the kitchen table when people aren't looking there

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#19 Old 03-04-2008, 07:53 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpickell View Post

You think kids should remain celibate until they're able to move out?

Not necessarily. But I think some discretion and respect (for each other, their parent's wishes and their own bodies) should also be involved.

At least saving up for a hotel room means they are treating the act as something special and (as mentioned above) they can manage to spend time in other activities as well.
#20 Old 03-04-2008, 09:25 AM
Beginner

From what I understand, the OP said she is more interested in just making out, with "something more" as a possibility, not a requirement. In that case I'm not sure I see the big deal in doing stuff in a parents house. My parents never asked me to not have sex in their house, but I just didn't anyway as I felt it would be disrespectful and weird. Other stuff, on the other hand, I would go ahead and do when the parents were out. I guess it depends on the parents and if they explicitly told the OP's boyfriend to not do that sort of thing in their home.

It's not in what you say, it's in what you do (Oasis)

Feeling bored? Why don't you wander over to my blog sometime. http://thebohemiankitchen.wordpress.com
#21 Old 03-04-2008, 10:15 AM
Beginner

My hubby and I went to a religious university with rules about having boys in your dorm room etc. When we were engaged, we used to go camping a LOT. Maybe you could go camping? The time of year is probably not optimal for it, but at least it's an option.
#22 Old 03-04-2008, 11:26 AM
Beginner

His parents (his mom at least) is extremely religious... you have NO idea, lol. I'm fairly sure she hates me as it is just for dating his son and being of a different denomination than her and being vegetarian... because I'm sure it's a sin to be vegetarian in her book. New agey or something. Sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starblossom View Post

From what I understand, the OP said she is more interested in just making out, with "something more" as a possibility, not a requirement. In that case I'm not sure I see the big deal in doing stuff in a parents house. My parents never asked me to not have sex in their house, but I just didn't anyway as I felt it would be disrespectful and weird. Other stuff, on the other hand, I would go ahead and do when the parents were out. I guess it depends on the parents and if they explicitly told the OP's boyfriend to not do that sort of thing in their home.

Pretty much ALL we do currently is non-sexual/non-physical stuff... I don't see why people are freaking out over us wanting to spend a little time making out when we see each other three times a year if we're very lucky. We live 1100 miles away! I've seen him a grand total of maybe 10 days in the past year. We talk daily on the phone and/or IM. Believe me, we're in no shortage for nonsexual companionship!

Besides, we're putting off the more serious "acts" until much later on, probably marriage. It's not like we're planning on taking off clothes and doing it in a back alley somewhere! Sheesh. =P By "more" I was talking about second base or something along those lines. >_<

Plus I asked for suggestions specifically so we wouldn't have to resort to doing anything too publicly... I have no clue why people got snippy about that. I hate PDA as much as the next person. But thanks to everyone for all the suggestions! We'll figure out something when we get there, I'm sure. ^_^
#23 Old 03-04-2008, 11:33 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animosity View Post

I really don't think that being sexually active with a partner means that you see them only as a sexual object. There is nothing wrong with people kissing, and showing affection. I think it's sad when all of America finds it socially acceptable to watch killing on TV, but are offended by lovers kissing. I've never seen two people go beyond kissing in public, and it's never bothered me to see that. I agree that non-sexual time is important, but so is sexual time. It's a human need. And, I don't think the OP gets to see her boyfriend often. How can you blame her? Plus, she never said she was going to go behind a Win-Dixie and have at it.

Raefactor, why not spend some quality time in the woods, around a secluded area. Nature is a beautiful thing for lovers to be around.
#24 Old 03-04-2008, 11:37 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwendolyn View Post

I really don't think that being sexually active with a partner means that you see them only as a sexual object. There is nothing wrong with people kissing, and showing affection. I think it's sad when all of America finds it socially acceptable to watch killing on TV, but are offended by lovers kissing. I've never seen two people go beyond kissing in public, and it's never bothered me to see that. I agree that non-sexual time is important, but so is sexual time. It's a human need. And, I don't think the OP gets to see her boyfriend often. How can you blame her? Plus, she never said she was going to go behind a Win-Dixie and have at it.

Raefactor, why not spend some quality time in the woods, around a secluded area. Nature is a beautiful thing for lovers to be around.

Thanks, we might. ^_^ It's going to be pretty cold most of the time, but maybe we'll drive the car into somewhere woodsy? He lives in a major city, though...
#25 Old 03-04-2008, 12:21 PM
Beginner

The woods is a great idea, we've got some nice places around here and while you have to work to be totally secuded, it's a great place to get away from everyone.
#26 Old 03-04-2008, 12:33 PM
Beginner

Camping is a great idea once the weather warms up. Now might not be the best time for it (unless you live somewhere warm, like me).

When my husband and I were dating, we would hang out at my parents house and stay up late watching movies and stuff and make out after everyone went to bed (we didn't have actual sex until we got married.) My family pretty much ignored us though.

We would also spend hours and hours just sitting in my car talking. The car is a great place for alone time.
#27 Old 03-04-2008, 04:45 PM
Beginner

His mom is a really light sleeper but his dad wouldn't notice us, I don't think. So hopefully we'll get some time that way. ^_^ He lives in Canada so no, not really warm...
#28 Old 03-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by raefactor View Post

His mom is a really light sleeper but his dad wouldn't notice us, I don't think. So hopefully we'll get some time that way. ^_^ He lives in Canada so no, not really warm...

What part of Canada? It's starting to feel like spring in Calgary.

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#29 Old 03-05-2008, 01:05 AM
Beginner

Ontario. =/ They're scheduled for almost nonstop snow and freezing weather the entire time I'm there. Also, I'm from the deep south, where the coldest it's hit in the past two weeks is maybe 35... and people were shocked and kept talking about it! Today it was about 60F.
#30 Old 03-05-2008, 11:59 AM
Beginner

that's fantastic. LOL!

uhm, we just went to where ever was private for us. usually, out in the woods and such.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page