VeggieBoards banner

Windows 10 to 'out' LGBT teens to their parents

927 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Auxin 
#1 ·
#2 ·
This is a good heads-up for young people out there. When I was young, and I wanted sex answers that I knew my parents were reluctant to give me, I went to my local library. Unlike the internet, there is no history to trace.

However, I suppose that if you live in the bible belt, your local library might not have any objective books about sexuality.

Reactions: Kiwibird08
#4 ·
Agreed.

If the parents want to monitor what their kids look up on the internet, sorry, but they have that right. Kids don't have a right to the internet. That's a privilege. If their parents don't even WANT to let their kids access the internet, that's the parents decision. Until the kid is old enough to have his/her own account and pays for it themselves, they are at the 'mercy' of their parents.

#5 ·
The ultimate irony of censorship is that the more common it becomes, the more accessible highly effective countermeasures become.
There already exist methods to prevent all internet censorship, not just by parents but by governments as well. The pro-censorship people are naively creating a world where everything is legal if one is clever. Give windows 10 a couple years and the counter-technology will become so mainstream that even people who arent clever will be able to do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.