why does life have to suck so much? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-16-2011, 08:33 AM
Banned

i have met an extremely attractive girl, but she works with me. she's single, and suddenly i find myself hitting it off with her extremely well. she's giving me all the signs to go ahead, and i have to say it's making me dizzy, or at least the sex crazed beast part of me (that would be about 99%).

but every time i've gotten involved with another nurse, within a day it was the talk of the entire hospital. and then after a few weeks of groping in the elevators and the med rooms, it all comes crashing down. i just don't think i'm cut out for long term relationships, or at least i certainly don't want one at this time. then i've got to work with someone who is now a former ex that i've hurt with rejection on some level.

i am not sure exactly how to handle this. i say this after a good friend of mine quit after he broke up with his girlfriend, who also works here. i've got a superb job and it would really suck to lose it over that.

if i knew her some other way, i'm sure i'd already be in her pants. probably that sounds terrible to most women, but that's truly the way i think, or at least that's what i'm thinking with. i feel like i'm at the edge of a whirlpool. so this IS a form of torture. why does life have to suck like this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-16-2011, 08:37 AM
Boo!

You poor thing....

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
#3 Old 04-16-2011, 08:38 AM
Beginner

Ask her for a date, go out, don't sleep with her, stave off your selfish desire and get to know her. If you're not just mindlessly humping and groping each other, people will be more likely to take your relationship with her seriously, and less likely to gossip.

Anyway 'based on beauty love soon fades,' so make sure it's the girl's personality you are into, and not just her body, otherwise you're ruining your work environment and both of your personal lives.

In this grand illusion of entitlement to life / Our 'need' is a mask for our greed and it's not right /
We are executioners who parade ourselves as kings / As selfish and deluded as the blood-bathed Bathory. ~Kingdom, 'Bathory' xVx
#4 Old 04-16-2011, 08:41 AM
Banned

heh. in my first post i said "fomer ex". doh!. is that double negative?
#5 Old 04-16-2011, 08:43 AM
Beginner

like stated earlier, if this is why your life sucks, let me bust out my remarkably small violin.

The Big Bad.
#6 Old 04-16-2011, 08:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa View Post

Ask her for a date, go out, don't sleep with her, stave off your selfish desire and get to know her. If you're not just mindlessly humping and groping each other, people will be more likely to take your relationship with her seriously, and less likely to gossip.

Anyway 'based on beauty love soon fades,' so make sure it's the girl's personality you are into, and not just her body, otherwise you're ruining your work environment and both of your personal lives.

the way she's been hugging me and rubbing her breasts all over me (she has to know what she's doing) , you are asking the impossible. if i don't stop drooling, i think i'm going to need a drool cup.

if you only knew how much self control i've been exercising, and how hard this is getting for me, even the feminists here would be proud of me.

this is very good advice. i just don't think i could pull it off.
#7 Old 04-16-2011, 08:56 AM
mlp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post

You poor thing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by unovegan View Post

like stated earlier, if this is why your life sucks, let me bust out my remarkably small violin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papayamon View Post

if you only knew how much self control i've been exercising, and how hard this is getting for me, even the feminists here would be proud of me.

Not really. You know what your options are, given that you're not interested in a relationship other than a sexual one, and certainly not interested in a longer term relationship. Now you just have to decide whigh price you'd rather apy.
#8 Old 04-16-2011, 09:03 AM
Beginner

Have you put much thought into polyamory?!

The Big Bad.
#9 Old 04-16-2011, 09:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp View Post

Not really. You know what your options are, given that you're not interested in a relationship other than a sexual one, and certainly not interested in a longer term relationship. Now you just have to decide whigh price you'd rather apy.

it's coming to me that i'm going to avoid her like the plague. the price is too high. this does prove that my life does suck, however. there i said it. my life sucks!
#10 Old 04-16-2011, 09:06 AM
Banned

Quote:

Have you put much thought into polyamory?!

my mind doesn't work that way. when i'm into a girl, i'm oblivious to other women till the ether wears off. the problem is that it does wear off, and then what?
#11 Old 04-16-2011, 09:06 AM
Beginner

Quote:

it's coming to me that i'm going to avoid her like the plague. the price is too high. this does prove that my life does suck, however. there i said it. my life sucks!

agreed. as there are only 3 fish out in the sea, your options are pretty limited.

The Big Bad.
#12 Old 04-16-2011, 09:12 AM
Banned

Quote:

agreed. as there are only 3 fish out in the sea, your options are pretty limited.

if my life were a greek play, the chorus would be singing "your life sucks" to me.
#13 Old 04-16-2011, 09:20 AM
Beginner

It seems like you haven't said anything about what you think she sees in you.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#14 Old 04-16-2011, 09:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

It seems like you haven't said anything about what you think she sees in you.

sevenseas, how am i possibly going to understand what goes on in the mind of a woman? i don't think she could see me as anything other than in ultra hard working guy, professionally speaking. after that, who knows? if i start to analyze that, then i get really dizzy. i know she's a super nice, caring lady. i've seen that in her with patients. she's making jokes about us having sex, so i have to think she's a bit attracted to me sexually (but again, why?). but i could take her on a date, and she could be very distant. you never know till you're there.

i must have a pea sized brain. this is why i'm where i am in life, and not somewhere a lot better.
#15 Old 04-16-2011, 09:38 AM
Beginner

This is a joke, right?

Chillin' in my blue jeans!
#16 Old 04-16-2011, 09:50 AM
Beginner

Life sucks because god hates you.

"If you are lonely when you're alone, you are in bad company."
Jean-Paul Sartre
#17 Old 04-16-2011, 09:51 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sequoia View Post

best post of the day?!

The Big Bad.
#18 Old 04-16-2011, 09:51 AM
Banned

Quote:

yeah, that too. at least i hope she's amused over this. it does prove that god is a women .
#19 Old 04-16-2011, 09:52 AM
Beginner

Quote:

sevenseas, how am i possibly going to understand what goes on in the mind of a woman?

Yeah, because we are just SO different and MYSTERIOUS. I think that men and women forget that we are all human and basically want the same things.

"If you are lonely when you're alone, you are in bad company."
Jean-Paul Sartre
#20 Old 04-16-2011, 10:01 AM
Beginner

Quote:

Yeah, because we are just SO different and MYSTERIOUS. I think that men and women forget that we are all human and basically want the same things.

I don't understand what you mean by that. It's like reading a foreign language. Could you translate it into man-speak?

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#21 Old 04-16-2011, 10:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

I don't understand what you mean by that. It's like reading a foreign language. Could you translate it into man-speak?

yes, she needs to dumb it down to my level .
#22 Old 04-16-2011, 10:37 AM
Banned

i look at it like this: given my income, i could be living at lot larger and more traditionally. nice big house in a nice neighborhood with houses all laid out in neat squares. nice new car. instead, i am living on a little farm in a mobile home (overimproved, but nontheless, it's a TRAILER). i drive a 2003 truck. i've put money into a video studio in the middle of nowhere like i'm addicted to crack cocaine. seriously, i think most women would take a look at that and that's all they'd need to see, in terms of thinking relationship. as in not. so no, i don't understand why she'd be coming on so strong with me unless she thought she could change me and civilize me on her terms. that would never happen. but she would have to change a lot for me to accept that she's who i'd really be satisfied with no matter how cute she is. and i don't want to change anyone.

maybe i should just say "i think you're cute, but i don't want a relationship. let's just get together for some really hot no strings sex" . no, i'm not really going to do that. i'm going to avoid her. i feel better now that i've thought it out. this doesn't make sense. this is work, and i need to play outside of work. so okay, my life sucks, and i wouldn't have it any other way. this is a dumb thread i never should have started.
#23 Old 04-16-2011, 10:41 AM
Boo!

Quote:

this is a dumb thread i never should have started.

You poor thing....

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
#24 Old 04-16-2011, 11:15 AM
Ankle Biter

Go out with her - just keep the groping and rubbing away from the hospital. Seriously, have some self-control and respect for both jobs. She obviously likes you - go out and see if the sparks continue to fly once you're away from work. Don't over analyze, just go out!

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#25 Old 04-16-2011, 11:17 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post

Go out with her - just keep the groping and rubbing away from the hospital. Seriously, have some self-control and respect for both jobs. She obviously likes you - go out and see if the sparks continue to fly once you're away from work. Don't over analyze, just go out!

good advice. separate the two and you'll be fine.

The Big Bad.
#26 Old 04-16-2011, 11:25 AM
Banned

#27 Old 04-16-2011, 11:28 AM
Covered in Waves

Quote:

i have met an extremely attractive girl, but she works with me. she's single, and suddenly i find myself hitting it off with her extremely well. she's giving me all the signs to go ahead, and i have to say it's making me dizzy, or at least the sex crazed beast part of me (that would be about 99%).

but every time i've gotten involved with another nurse, within a day it was the talk of the entire hospital. and then after a few weeks of groping in the elevators and the med rooms, it all comes crashing down. i just don't think i'm cut out for long term relationships, or at least i certainly don't want one at this time. then i've got to work with someone who is now a former ex that i've hurt with rejection on some level.

i am not sure exactly how to handle this. i say this after a good friend of mine quit after he broke up with his girlfriend, who also works here. i've got a superb job and it would really suck to lose it over that.

if i knew her some other way, i'm sure i'd already be in her pants. probably that sounds terrible to most women, but that's truly the way i think, or at least that's what i'm thinking with. i feel like i'm at the edge of a whirlpool. so this IS a form of torture. why does life have to suck like this?

That's what you get when you 'grope in elevators and med rooms' I'm guessing when you should be working and taking care of people.

BTW, you shouldn't date people in the work place. It's inappropriate on many levels. It's good to keep it in your pants on your 9-5.

“Failing to fetch me at first, keep encouraged. Missing me one place, search another. I stop somewhere waiting for you.”
― Walt Whitman, Song of Myself
#28 Old 04-16-2011, 11:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annia View Post

great post .
#29 Old 04-16-2011, 11:30 AM
Ira
Banned

just talk to her more to see what she is like and if she maybe wants the same thing as you. i wouldn't suggest ask straightly because you work together and all. but i see no reason for you to control and show respect and what not in case she as well wants to get laid and wants no relationship. i would say that if yuo were working with me and i was rubbing my boobs on you it would be a good sign for that. but then not everyone is the same and maybe it is her sign for wanting a relationship. in this case, aftder you find out stay away from her and sleep with others
#30 Old 04-16-2011, 11:45 AM
Beginner

Sometimes you just have to live in the moment. Life's too short to worry about everything that MAY happen. I'm not saying you should be reckless with people, but if people are butting their noses into your business, well they're the a$$holes, not you.

Our Generation has had no Great war, no Great Depression. Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page