VeggieBoards banner

Anyone elses pet's afraid of cameras?

1K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  Brandon 
#1 ·
Our golden lab is. She runs every time you try to get her picture.

#3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post

Our golden lab is. She runs every time you try to get her picture.
I'm pretty sure one of the dogs my parents had when I was little was.

It's funny though - Apollo is a HUGE rottie. He's afraid of dancing, so you can't move too fast in front of him. He starts running away like Scooby Doo does.

#5 ·
I have 6 cats, and none of them are afraid of the camera, but one in particular messes with me when I try to take his picture. When I point the camera at him, he turns his head to the side. I'll put the camera down and he'll look straight at me again. As soon as I lift the camera to my face, he gives me his profile again. He cracks me up!

#6 ·
Probably afraid of flashing lights. Best way to overcome that fear is to hold the camera during treat time. Don't point it at her yet, or use it at all, just hold it nonchalant while you give her treats.

That's how I got my dogs over their fear of vacuum cleaners, by feeding them treats off the vacuum cleaner, and then feeding them while the vacuum was running. Now they want to me vacuum more, but get upset when they realize the treat phase is over.

#9 ·
My cat isn't afraid of the camera, he just can't keep his face away from it. Every picture I have of him, unless he's asleep, is of his nose. It doesn't matter how far away I am, whenever I pull out a camera he runs up and rubs his face against it/ sniffs it intently. He's pretty much the dominant one in our house.

#11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnelian View Post

I have 6 cats, and none of them are afraid of the camera, but one in particular messes with me when I try to take his picture. When I point the camera at him, he turns his head to the side. I'll put the camera down and he'll look straight at me again. As soon as I lift the camera to my face, he gives me his profile again. He cracks me up!
My cat does something similar. I use a digital, and right before the pic snaps a little orange light shines out, indicating what the pic will be of (invaluable for those silly self-portraits!)...when he sees that orange light, he immediately turns his head or looks down at the floor. He's very cute and photogenic, when you can get him to hold still. I wonder if he has learned that by watching his Daddy (me) avoid having his picture taken??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.