death of a friend - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-24-2013, 09:36 AM

so today i was walking on the street and accidently found a dead cat lying on the side walk she could be the one who use to come to my house and stay for sometime i cried a little and then i put her on a blanket and then i put her outside of the house i need to know how to barry her and how to make a ceremony between me and her please help shes outside the house lying dead on a blanket what an awful world we live she was on the sidewalk no one cared to take her and now i feel so guilty because before she came my house and she use to come like she want me to aboubt her and i didnt and now shes dead please guys help me abou the barrying and the ceremony

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-24-2013, 09:47 AM
Herbivorous Urchin

Dig a hole, place her in it, cover her up, say words that are meaningful to you, craft a grave marker

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#3 Old 02-24-2013, 10:00 AM

should i buary her in a box then put the box in the hole and i dont have a garden in the house that i live in where should i barry her?
and is she in hevaen now is she happy now i wanna know ?

#4 Old 02-24-2013, 11:01 AM

This is quite sad. Did the cat not have a home? If not, maybe you could find a nice tree with a spot to dig a small hole underneath for burial.

#5 Old 02-24-2013, 11:36 AM
Impeach the psychopath

Sam, I've moved this thread into the Companion Animals forum.

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. I remember your talking about this kitty before, and how you missed her so much. It's hearbreaking to learn that she didn't make it.

sam alshebany likes this.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"The fact is, none of us truly win, until we all win."
#6 Old 02-24-2013, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator

I'm so sorry sam hug.gif

If you could have a place to bury her, plant a bush, or whatever would grow there.

I've planted ferns over my cats grave. It makes me feel better life comes from life.

I'm sure the cat is in peace.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#7 Old 02-24-2013, 03:23 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

I'm sorry for your loss, sam. Here is a nice poem fot your cat. (It is Buddhist.)

This body is not me.
I am not limited by this body.
I am life without boundaries.
I have never been born,and I have never died.
Look at the ocean and the sky filled with stars, manifestations from my wondrous true mind.
Since before time, I have been free.
Birth and death are only doors through which we pass, sacred thresholds on our journey.
Birth and death are a game of hide- and seek.
So laugh with me, hold my hand, let us say good-bye, say good-bye, to meet again soon.
We meet today.
We will meet again tomorrow.
We will meet at the source every moment.
We meet each other in all forms of life.~By Thich Nhat Hanh, Chanting and Recitations from Plum Village. Page 188.
#8 Old 02-24-2013, 03:51 PM

thank you guys all so much may she rest in peace so towmorrow i am gonna wrap her in a white shirt  and put her in a card box that is for this food processor and blender is that okay? and bury her in a place that is near to my house theres a garbage can next to is that okay? bt i think it has grass on it  and i am going to take a picture of her and keep it so that i remember her and i also wanna ask if i plant something on her grave what if i leave the country who will water the plant and are there any plants that dont really need water shes so beautiful its such a loss and i still regret that i didnt adoubt her she died because of me she use to come to my house and she wanted to live in the house bt my mom said that ivana will get upset such a beautiful girl i love her so much even though i didn't know her alot  guys should i keep on being sad or should i be happy and carry on with my life?

may she rest in peace and guys i didnt name her not now not before i want names from you what do you guys suggest and how to make a grave tomb please i need to know

Thank you guys so much MAY SHE REST IN PEACE R.I.P :(

#9 Old 02-24-2013, 04:05 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

I think what you have planned is very nice. A pretty stone or piece of wood you find will do nicely for a grave marker.

And then you can hopefully wave goodbye and do good things in your life in her honor. smiley.gif
#10 Old 02-24-2013, 04:09 PM

so is it okay okay if i plant something on her grave and then if leave it its okay okay or i shouldnt plant anything

#11 Old 02-24-2013, 04:09 PM

?

#12 Old 02-24-2013, 04:26 PM
Impeach the psychopath

Sam, you have to decide some of these things for yourself. What really matters is that you carry her memory in your heart, and never, ever forget her. Please let us know what you do, okay? We love her too.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"The fact is, none of us truly win, until we all win."
#13 Old 02-24-2013, 04:44 PM

Thank you

#14 Old 02-24-2013, 04:47 PM

Also when i arap her in the cotton t shirt should i only wrap her body and leav the head out or should i just wrap all of her? and the box that i am gonna use has a food processor and belender picture and use to be the foods processors and belndes box and its made out cartoon is that okay ?

#15 Old 03-13-2014, 04:04 AM

I am so so sorry for the cat my friend.
And I must say that this comments help me too because I have an old cat, shes 13years old. Since the day I got her shes always with me, sleeping with me, listening to me and playing with me. Her name is Beba witch means Baby on english. In last few months she started to have a lot of healty issues, she have problems with an eye, shes almost deaf, etc.
My love for her is so big that I already started to prepare myself for the last goodbye. Its going to be a sad, sad day but its good to know what to do with her body, I can only say that I am lucky to have a garden where I can make a little memorial for her.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page