Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-21-2012, 07:10 PM
Banned

aaaaaaaaaa

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-21-2012, 07:14 PM
Beginner

You did the right thing I don't think you're a failure at all. You found her a good forever home, and that's what matters. She'll be happy. :hugs:

"If you are lonely when you're alone, you are in bad company."
Jean-Paul Sartre
#3 Old 04-21-2012, 08:51 PM
Beginner

Giving up a pet is an extremely difficult thing to do. It sounds to me like you tried to work with her a lot and gave it your best effort, and then found the best home you could. Some breeds are extremely difficult to handle and need people who are experienced. It sounds to me her going to these people and you not killing yourself is the best situation. Its very nice that they send you pictures and will let you visit and this can be a great learning experience for you and future fur-kids. :-)!

Pinterest: AquaLoveBird
#4 Old 04-21-2012, 11:14 PM
Beginner

You did the right thing and it just proves how great your love for the little mite is.
#5 Old 04-22-2012, 03:11 PM
Banned

Thanks guys
I really enjoyed having a dog too.
It sucks I was actually really responsible with caring for her, paid $800 in apartment pet fees...and now I don't have a pet
I would like to get a smaller breed one day, but just thinking about it feels wrong...
#6 Old 04-22-2012, 03:27 PM
Ankle Biter

You made the right decision. It hurts to see them go. But knowing she's in a good place helps, I'm sure!

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#7 Old 04-26-2012, 07:13 AM
Banned

Thankyou
I'm really upset. My fiance wants to start looking and researching breeds to possibly adopt.
But it feels wrong...
#8 Old 04-26-2012, 07:21 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessickah View Post

Thankyou
I'm really upset. My fiance wants to start looking and researching breeds to possibly adopt.
But it feels wrong...

You have all the time in the world for dogs... wait till you have your own lives settled a bit more before taking on the responsibility of a dog again. I love my dogs immensely... but I'm going to think long and hard when they are gone before I get another one. They tie you down, my kids are growing up and moving away and I'm going to want a bit more freedom to travel and see them and I hate having to leave the dogs at the kennel for an extended period of time.
#9 Old 04-26-2012, 08:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster View Post

You have all the time in the world for dogs... wait till you have your own lives settled a bit more before taking on the responsibility of a dog again. I love my dogs immensely... but I'm going to think long and hard when they are gone before I get another one. They tie you down, my kids are growing up and moving away and I'm going to want a bit more freedom to travel and see them and I hate having to leave the dogs at the kennel for an extended period of time.

That's exactly what I told him. We go to concerts a lot and stay overnight. I don't think having a dog is a good idea because we would have to find someone trustworthy and responsibly enough to watch a dog or pay for he/she to stay in a kennel. I'm really put off by the idea of getting a new one anytime soon, plus my fiance sleeps too much. He'll work 8 hours than take a 3 hour nap a few days a week, I get that he's exhausted, but that's not fair to a dog....
#10 Old 04-26-2012, 08:20 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessickah View Post

That's exactly what I told him. We go to concerts a lot and stay overnight. I don't think having a dog is a good idea because we would have to find someone trustworthy and responsibly enough to watch a dog or pay for he/she to stay in a kennel. I'm really put off by the idea of getting a new one anytime soon, plus my fiance sleeps too much. He'll work 8 hours than take a 3 hour nap a few days a week, I get that he's exhausted, but that's not fair to a dog....

I agree, enjoy your freedom. How about a kitty?
#11 Old 04-26-2012, 08:29 AM
Banned

We are both allergic to cats
I don't want to look for a new dog, but if he really wanted to research breeds to adopt in the future I'd help and support him.
I know the responsibility would be pushed onto me and I view a pet as a baby, yeah they are cute...but kind of a burden at times....
#12 Old 04-27-2012, 09:05 PM
Beginner

Sweetie, you should never ever feel like a failure. Every single day ,I read so many horror stories about dogs who are dumped by humans who don't want to be bothered with even attempting to place them in good homes. You should be given a gold star! Thanks for loving Pumpkin enough to let go. I wish everyone would be as sensible as you before considering bringing a pet into their lives.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page