Rooster - VeggieBoards - A Vegetarian Community
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-21-2011, 10:02 PM
mlp
Banned

Well, thanks to a thread on here, I went on petfinder to look at chickens and saw this guy:
http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/18236822

I just filled out an application. If he hasn't already found a home, he may be coming to live with Ramblin' Rose and the Annas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-21-2011, 10:38 PM
Beginner

#3 Old 02-21-2011, 10:52 PM
That doggie in the window

I hope you get him, mlp. I know he'll have a good home if you do!

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"....The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
" .... " -Harpo Marx

#4 Old 02-21-2011, 11:01 PM
mlp
Banned

Rose and the Annas are very good natured girls, so I think he will be fine even though he's been de-beaked. That's why he caught my eye - because of what's been done to him.
#5 Old 02-21-2011, 11:02 PM
Super Moderator

He is so handsome!!!
#6 Old 02-21-2011, 11:12 PM
mlp
Banned

This is Ramblin' Rose (so named because she tends to go walkabout) and the girls' house, right after it was painted. It dosn't look as good anymore - they've spent the last year and a half chipping away all the paint they can reach - another paint job is on my to-do list.
LL
LL
#7 Old 02-21-2011, 11:23 PM

I wish I had property, so I could have a menagerie....

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"....The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
" .... " -Harpo Marx

#8 Old 02-21-2011, 11:23 PM
Beginner

Wow, I really like that they mention factory farms in his description. I hope you get him!

"If you want to know where you would have stood on slavery before the civil war, don't look at where you stand on slavery today, look at where you stand on animal rights." - Paul Watson.

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

#9 Old 02-21-2011, 11:29 PM
mlp
Banned

Yes, this is apparently primarily a cat rescue - it was started to provide low cost spay/neuter for cats, and they have volunteers who ferry cats to various clinics for the spay/neuter. It's interesting that they ended up branching out into chickens, ducks and guinea fowl too.
#10 Old 02-21-2011, 11:38 PM
mlp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post

I wish I had property, so I could have a menagerie....

Heh. If you promise to outlive me by at least fifteen years, I'll adopt you. I've gotten to the age where I worry about who will take care of everyone when I drop dead - some of the parrots should certainly outlive me, even if I make it to 94 like my grandmother, or 89 like my mother.
#11 Old 02-21-2011, 11:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irizary View Post

Wow, I really like that they mention factory farms in his description. I hope you get him!

I thought that was really cool too! Reading that filled me with rage and joy at the same time, a very odd combination. Rage because of what's been done to him and joy because I know he's in amazing hands now. Way to go mlp! I really hope he comes home with you

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#12 Old 02-21-2011, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp View Post

Heh. If you promise to outlive me by at least fifteen years, I'll adopt you. I've gotten to the age where I worry about who will take care of everyone when I drop dead - some of the parrots should certainly outlive me, even if I make it to 94 like my grandmother, or 89 like my mother.

I'm yours! If you adopt me, I'll look after everyone, but you'll have to teach me how, before you croak!

" .... " -Harpo Marx

#13 Old 02-21-2011, 11:58 PM
mlp
Banned

Plenty of time to teach you all about everyone - I'm not planning on croaking for a while yet.
#14 Old 02-22-2011, 12:01 AM

Yay!

" .... " -Harpo Marx

#15 Old 02-22-2011, 10:02 AM
mlp
Banned

He is coming to live with us!

I'm going to pick him up a week from Friday - I want to doublecheck the chicken house and yard this weekend and make any small repairs necessitated by the winter weather.
#16 Old 02-22-2011, 11:22 AM
Beginner

Aww congrats
#17 Old 02-22-2011, 02:19 PM

Great news! Do you plan to call him Snuggles, or do you have something else in mind? O and don't forget: pictures please!

" .... " -Harpo Marx

#18 Old 02-22-2011, 03:27 PM
mlp
Banned

A friend has suggested that I call him Captain Butler, because he's a dashing fellow who's been through the war and will have a bunch of flirtatious females falling all over themselves. She says Rose and the Annas can always call him Snuggles when they're whispering sweet nothings in his ears.

I'll wait until I meet him in person. He's about an hour and fifteen minutes away, so we'll have a quiet car ride to get acquainted. And yes, I will post pictures.
#19 Old 02-22-2011, 03:45 PM
Beginner

Captain Butler! I love him already, and mlp,!!! You're my hero!
#20 Old 02-22-2011, 04:00 PM
Beginner

he's adorable. sad what they did to his beak. i hope you get him!

Atame.
#21 Old 02-23-2011, 01:45 PM
Beginner

So amazing. You're an expert, I know he'll be safe and loved in your hands!

Enjoying the view over at http://forum.veggieviews.com/

#22 Old 02-23-2011, 01:54 PM
Beginner

I'm so glad he's in good hands he's so awesome looking!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will then know peace" - Jimi Hendrix
#23 Old 02-23-2011, 02:22 PM
Beginner

Quote:

A friend has suggested that I call him Captain Butler, because he's a dashing fellow who's been through the war and will have a bunch of flirtatious females falling all over themselves. She says Rose and the Annas can always call him Snuggles when they're whispering sweet nothings in his ears.

I'll wait until I meet him in person. He's about an hour and fifteen minutes away, so we'll have a quiet car ride to get acquainted. And yes, I will post pictures.

...or Captain Snuggles.

So glad you're going to get him!

"If you want to know where you would have stood on slavery before the civil war, don't look at where you stand on slavery today, look at where you stand on animal rights." - Paul Watson.

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

#24 Old 02-25-2011, 03:43 PM
Beginner

Yay captain snuggles.
Glad you could give him a home! I look forward to pics.
#25 Old 02-27-2011, 01:29 PM
Beginner

Quote:

A friend has suggested that I call him Captain Butler, because he's a dashing fellow who's been through the war and will have a bunch of flirtatious females falling all over themselves.

Lol!

He is lovely.
#26 Old 02-27-2011, 01:34 PM
Beginner

Aww, so sweet
#27 Old 02-28-2011, 11:26 PM
Super Moderator

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page