Rabbit screaming (youtube video.) - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-05-2010, 10:45 AM
Banned

This is really shocking. Some horrible rabbit owner puts her rabbit in the shower, turns the water onto full and sprays it into the rabbit's face. I've never heard a rabbit scream before but this one does. It's horrible.

Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S29Nb5w2k1c

I don't know much about rabbits but I'm pretty sure that they will only make that noise if they are frightened.

I've flagged the video as animal abuse. I cannot believe that the person is laughing, it's sickening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-05-2010, 10:53 AM

I don't have speakers on my work computer, so I can't go check out the video. I've never heard a bunny scream.

Flash grunts at me when he gets annoyed (usually any time I reach into his cage without giving him food), but that's it.

--Fromper

#3 Old 04-05-2010, 10:59 AM

I heard about a second of it, I've flagged it to. You tube are generally quick at getting rid of this stuff.

Fact I learned... you have to sign in as a member BEFORE you can flag something... that's stupid.
#4 Old 04-05-2010, 11:06 AM

Urgh Poor little guy. I flagged it too
#5 Old 04-05-2010, 11:13 AM

Oh damnit, I'm supposed to be heading out the door to go out to lunch and now I'm crying hysterically. My rabbit began freaking out when the sound came on. Rabbits can die of shock when put into water, especially domesticated rabbits. You are really never supposed to bathe them at all, as they are very clean creatures. Only in emergencies do you bathe them. Ugh I feel sick... And the sad thing is, nothing is going to happen to this person, other than the video being taken down. Rabbit screams are the worst sound ever. They really only do that when they are in severe pain or distress. Poor thing.
#6 Old 04-05-2010, 11:33 AM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

I flagged it, too. And now I saw a bunch of links of people putting live rabbits into enclosures with snakes, AND THE RABBIT IS SCREAMING UNTIL HE DIES. I'm in tears now. I think I'm going to go cuddle with my bunnies.

korrakorrakorrakorrakorra
#7 Old 04-05-2010, 11:34 AM
Banned

I flagged this as well. It hurt my heart to watch as she laughs while the rabbit vocalizes it's terror, there's even feces all over the place because the rabbit is so scared.

Why do people do this?
#8 Old 04-05-2010, 11:56 AM

I flagged it as well, I didn't even watch it, that stuff gets me so depressed. The other day I watched what was supposed to be a "funny" video of animals and they had people laughing at cows getting run over by trains. I'm surprised not 1 person in the comments didn't find it funny. so sad..

You call me sweet like I'm some kinda of cheese....vegan cheese 0.0
#9 Old 04-05-2010, 01:15 PM

I flagged it for animal abuse.

As long as there are slaughterhouses there will be battlefields. - Leo Tolstoy
My blog - http://myso-calledveganlife.blogspot.com/
#10 Old 04-05-2010, 01:29 PM

I'm not going to watch the video. I've heard a bunny scream.. it's the worst sound.
#11 Old 04-05-2010, 11:02 PM

I asked her why she felt compelled to continuously spray her in the face.

She is clearly not a well woman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYpz5XoOVsg
#12 Old 04-06-2010, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AspireToInspire View Post

...I don't think this person's family tree has any branches.
#13 Old 04-13-2010, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Master View Post

I flagged it, too. And now I saw a bunch of links of people putting live rabbits into enclosures with snakes, AND THE RABBIT IS SCREAMING UNTIL HE DIES. I'm in tears now. I think I'm going to go cuddle with my bunnies.

I also hate it when they do that to rats and mice. Two of my pet rats were snake-food rejects.
#14 Old 04-14-2010, 09:26 PM

I wish that cat would have bitten the living crap out of her!
#15 Old 04-14-2010, 09:29 PM

I was going to go flag it, but it says it's been taken down by the user. Good work everybody
#16 Old 04-15-2010, 08:54 AM

that cat video was frightening, like a scene from a horror movie about the psycho killer and what she does before her killings ~chills~
#17 Old 04-15-2010, 11:19 AM

If you scroll through her youtube videos, video after video for deceased pets.

She shouldn't be allowed within 100 feet of an animal.
#18 Old 04-15-2010, 12:01 PM

I'm glad it's taken down, I really don't want to watch it. Is there kind of animal welfare agency she could be reported to for abuse? Or even the police? That has got to be illegal.
#19 Old 04-16-2010, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yally View Post

I'm glad it's taken down, I really don't want to watch it. Is there kind of animal welfare agency she could be reported to for abuse? Or even the police? That has got to be illegal.

I doubt it's illegal, but if someone wants to do the work to see if it can be reported for something, they ought to.

It makes me angry at people - especially those here, who ought to know better - who insist that humans have the right to own pets (I guess because they think they and their friends treat their pets o.k.). It's clear, when millions of unwanted dogs and cats are killed every year, and countless others are abused and neglected, that humans as a rule have no business being responsible for the lives and well-being of domestic animals.

"If you want to know where you would have stood on slavery before the civil war, don't look at where you stand on slavery today, look at where you stand on animal rights." - Paul Watson.

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

#20 Old 04-16-2010, 04:26 AM

I haven't seen the video, but from what I gather, it's pretty straightforward torturing a rabbit for laughs, that is animal cruelty.

Quote:
All U.S. states have animal cruelty laws, and 47 states treat some forms of abuse as felonies

http://www.humanesociety.org/issues/abuse_neglect/

Following on from that:

http://www.humanesociety.org/issues/...ty_action.html

I think with the video taken down and not knowing where the girl actually is, it's going to be pretty hard to pin her down. I wonder whether YouTube would get involved.
#21 Old 04-16-2010, 10:10 PM

From owning 2 pet rabbits, I remember hearing that scream. It is the most horrid thing you can hear. Very high pitched and scary. I was outside by the camp fire and I remember hearing it. I ran towards it and saw my dogs hovered over (but not touching) my bunny, Marshmallow. Seems I forgot to lock the cage when I put her back a few hours before and she fell out. The dogs ran up to her and I am assuming that's what scared her. She was not wet from drool or anything, just a bit shocked so I cuddled with her and put her back to bed later on.

It is so scary, depressing and I think they only time a bunny would need to scream like that is when they are extremely distressed, hurt or sad.

The video said it was removed by user. Thank god. I hope that bunny goes to a better home.

ÂBecause the heart beats under a covering of hair, of fur, feathers, or wings, it is, for that reason, to be of no account? - Jean Paul Richter
#22 Old 04-16-2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yally View Post

I think with the video taken down and not knowing where the girl actually is, it's going to be pretty hard to pin her down. I wonder whether YouTube would get involved.

Very hard, although they could always track the video upload to the IP address of the computer is was uploaded on and go from there.

ÂBecause the heart beats under a covering of hair, of fur, feathers, or wings, it is, for that reason, to be of no account? - Jean Paul Richter
#23 Old 04-16-2010, 11:49 PM

That video with the cat... makes me think of something out of Silence of the Lambs.

As long as there are slaughterhouses there will be battlefields. - Leo Tolstoy
My blog - http://myso-calledveganlife.blogspot.com/
#24 Old 04-18-2010, 08:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessss2008 View Post

Very hard, although they could always track the video upload to the IP address of the computer is was uploaded on and go from there.

Although that would be technically possible, it would probably be considered a violation of privacy. And considering that the PetLand girl who drowned the rabbits got no more than a slap on the wrist, even though she posted the evidence online and no one even had to track her down, not much would come from this.

>
#25 Old 04-18-2010, 11:55 PM
HNV

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyomally View Post

I wish that cat would have bitten the living crap out of her!

Me too. That poor cat. . My cat would have never stood for anything like that.

The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them. That is the essence of humanity.
#26 Old 04-19-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:

Um, I noticed that the poor cat was like trying to run away but she started squeezing it. Thats really sad and kind of messed up.

^Cool story, bro
#27 Old 04-26-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:

That's a crappy thing to do. The cat was clearly not happy. Sometimes I hold my cat against her will for huggies but only for a few seconds... usually she is purring anyway (Not a scared purr)

My cat puts up with my nonsense but that cat was mad, uncomfortable, and unhappy

ÂIf man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.  Mark Twain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page