The Rabbit Lovers Thread! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 10Likes

#1 Old 08-11-2009, 03:50 PM

People who love rabbits need a thread, too!

Who else here has a bunny in their life?

I adopted Luna August 14, 2007. I love her soo much!

She's so funny, and has so much personality! (and a bit of an attitude, too!)

Luna LOVES hay. It's her favorite food. When I adopted her, she wasn't very used to fruits or vegetables. The rescue said her first home pretty much only gave her pellets, and very rarely anything else. They had gotten her used to hay, but she wasn't there for very long before I adopted her and she didn't get used to fruits/veggies there. I worked with her and now she'll eat almost anything I give her!

She also loves to be brushed, which is good, because she sheds that white fur everywhere!

Her favorite toy outside of her cage is her catcube, which is made for cats (obviously..) but she loves to lay inside of it. She also loves (inside and out of her cage) toys that she can chew up! I try to get her different and new things when I go shopping to keep her from getting bored with her stuff.

She was litter trained when I adopted her, and she's very very clean. She has never gone to the bathroom out side of her cage (and rarely ever even outside of her litter pan inside of her cage). When she's out playing she just hops back over to her cage when she has to go potty.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-11-2009, 05:33 PM

Awwww How adorable! Luna is beautiful.

*this space not for sale*
#3 Old 08-11-2009, 05:59 PM

Ahh...... the cuteness of her. She's so adorable.
#4 Old 08-11-2009, 06:05 PM

I love Luna!

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid...~Albert Einstein~
"Nothing tastes as good as kindness feels" - ~ElaineV~
#5 Old 08-11-2009, 06:19 PM

Thanks, everyone!! I gave her a shoe box (why do my animals love simple free boxes better than all the toys I buy them? ) she exhausted herself shredding it up and is now sleeping in whats left of it!
#6 Old 08-11-2009, 06:39 PM

I had a white albino rabbit named Marshmellow

ÂBecause the heart beats under a covering of hair, of fur, feathers, or wings, it is, for that reason, to be of no account? - Jean Paul Richter
#7 Old 08-11-2009, 06:45 PM

That was the name of an albino rat I had.

I think Luna's red eyes are so pretty, but the rescue said a lot of people are "freaked out" by the eyed red rabbits. (They are just a rabbit rescue, but I'm sure some other animals get that too). Luna wasn't there for very long, so I'm not sure if anyone looked at her and got freaked out, but they said the albinos are always harder to find homes for.

So sad, because Luna is such a wonderful girl!
#8 Old 08-12-2009, 10:17 AM
Tom

Thanks for starting a rabbit thread! I have some pictures of Sony, Hans, and Franz, although Franz is the only one I have now and Sony's is the only one whose picture I have in digital format.

Sony might have been Luna's polar opposite: jet black fur, deep brown eyes (almost black, really), and a bit of an attitude. I loved the way she ate dandelion flowers with their stems: she'd start at the bottom of the stem and it would disappear into her mouth like spaghetti, with the flower disappearing last.

"Ground Control to Major Tom.... Ground Control to Major Tom...

Take your protein pills and put your helmet on...."

David Bowie- "Space Oddity"

#9 Old 08-12-2009, 11:02 AM

I know! I don't know why they are so afraid of the "red eyes" albino's have. I think it compliments their white fur. They stand out and its beautiful!

My white rat (in the pic) has red eyes too!

ÂBecause the heart beats under a covering of hair, of fur, feathers, or wings, it is, for that reason, to be of no account? - Jean Paul Richter
#10 Old 08-13-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessss2008 View Post

I know! I don't know why they are so afraid of the "red eyes" albino's have. I think it compliments their white fur. They stand out and its beautiful!

My white rat (in the pic) has red eyes too!

I agree! I think it suits them.

One of my rats, Hazel, has red eyes, too.
#11 Old 08-13-2009, 03:16 PM

Great pictures! I'll definitely have to post some pics of Flash when I have time. My pics aren't that good, though. He's incredibly cute, but my camera sucks.

--Fromper

#12 Old 08-13-2009, 05:12 PM

I just posted a pic of my bunny in the post your pet threads, but he's such a handsome fella, here's another:

LadyJane1 likes this.
#13 Old 08-13-2009, 05:15 PM

I love his colors!!

What's his name?
#14 Old 08-13-2009, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animallover7249 View Post

I love his colors!!

What's his name?

His name is Jeremy Papillon but I usually just call him Bunny or Jezzas
#15 Old 08-13-2009, 06:09 PM

This is my sweet rabbit "Wednesday."
LL
LL
Snowqueen68 and LadyJane1 like this.
#16 Old 08-13-2009, 06:36 PM

Yey! more cute rabbits to see, and their looking as cute as each other. Love'm all.
#17 Old 08-13-2009, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinelisa View Post

This is my sweet rabbit "Wednesday."

all black bunny! aww!
#18 Old 08-13-2009, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yally View Post

I just posted a pic of my bunny in the post your pet threads, but he's such a handsome fella, here's another:

Those are some HUGE ears, even by bunny standards!

Anyway, here's some pics of my little 3 pound monster, Flash.

--Fromper

LL
LL
LL
#19 Old 08-13-2009, 09:19 PM

Flash is so cute!!!
#20 Old 08-13-2009, 09:42 PM

This is my mom's bunny Max.

Sorry they are huge

#21 Old 08-14-2009, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

Those are some HUGE ears, even by bunny standards!

He he, yet sometimes I worry he might be a bit deaf!

Everyone's bunny are so cute! I am full of aws!
#22 Old 08-19-2009, 09:56 PM

Here's my rabbit. His name is bunbun and hes about 2 1/2 years old. I love him dearly, and right now hes parading around on the couch like he owns the place. That's the only place I can let him run around because he have concrete floors and he hates walking on them!

[attachment=8539:n25316608_31295729_7824.jpg]

I made him a skirt when I still thought he was a girl. Hahah.
LL
#23 Old 08-20-2009, 05:00 AM

So cute! I used to have a rabbit called Bunbun. She used to be Matthew til the vet told us she was a girl.

Oh, this thread is making me miss my bunny. I get him back in a week, hope he remembers me!
#24 Old 08-20-2009, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesleythegreate View Post

Here's my rabbit. His name is bunbun and hes about 2 1/2 years old. I love him dearly, and right now hes parading around on the couch like he owns the place. That's the only place I can let him run around because he have concrete floors and he hates walking on them!

Attachment 14922

I made him a skirt when I still thought he was a girl. Hahah.

Bunbun is adorable!

Yally, I'm sure he'll remember you!!!!
#25 Old 08-20-2009, 10:27 AM

Here is my baby, Smudge!

He is my 6 year old Dutch bun. I adopted him from a show rabbit breeder who didnt want him because he is "mismarked" and unshowable. He has a black spot on his white lip, and a white spot on his black tummy... His original name was switch, but I thought Smudge was cuter. He is fixed, and has free range of my bedroom. He is the sweetest lil guy ever <3

Best pic ever! Haha :P

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senseswe have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with...
#26 Old 08-20-2009, 10:30 AM

Smudge is adorable!

So is your piggie. do they get along?
#27 Old 08-20-2009, 10:41 AM

^ They are all little angels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess4921 View Post

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Here is my baby, Smudge!

He is my 6 year old Dutch bun. I adopted him from a show rabbit breeder who didnt want him because he is "mismarked" and unshowable.

People that breed animals annoy me so much.
#28 Old 08-20-2009, 11:27 AM

Cute bunnies!
#29 Old 08-20-2009, 12:49 PM

Thanks!

Animallover- The guinea pig on his head, Lizzie, didnt like him at all... She just thought he made a good step stool! Haha, she had lots of attitude. Smudge and our other piggie, Sunny, used to be really good friends. They would sit and groom eachother for the longest time.

But sometimes Smudge plays a little rough for the pigs, so they dont see eachother much. I dont think hes even met our newest piggie, Tilly.

Toast- I hate breeders too. :/ We dont need more buns in the world right now, and judging animals on how "perfect" they look is pretty stupid IMO. I think personality is way more importand than appearance! Smudge would definatly be "best in show" if thats what they judged on. Hes so silly and sweet!

BTW, the pig in the pic, Lizzie, had to be put to sleep on March 1st. She had a heart murmur, and her little organs were failing She was from the humane society, and so are our other guinea pigs.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senseswe have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with...
#30 Old 08-22-2009, 01:11 PM

Here is Leonardo, originally Lily He is a little over a year old and fixed. He loves head rubs. Oh never buy a rabbit from a pet shop. The lady told me he was a female, and he was a dwarf! Even though I was surprised to find out she was a he and definitely not a dwarf I still love him! Hopefully I did the pics right.
LL
LL
LL
Snowqueen68 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page