pyrithione zinc shampoo? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-20-2009, 06:53 PM
Beginner

I was searching for "garnier" and "animal" and found this thread and this board.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any pyrithione zinc shampoo that is 100% animal friendly. The garnier pyrithione zinc shampoo works great on my itchy head, and I love the apple smell. but....

I have wavy 2c hair and have tried curly girl. I like the avalon organics honeysuckle rose shampoo and co but my head itches. I went for about a year without using any harsh shampoos. I tried adding lemon juice to my co and that worked for a while, but now it isn't. I tried tea tree oil shampoo and it didn't help and made my hair very weighed down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-27-2009, 09:16 AM
Beginner

All I can think of is tea tree products sorry however, one thing to think about is what is causing your dandruff. Do you heat style a lot? I found that when I did a lot of heat styling my dandruff was worse. if you find tea tree shampoos weigh you down, perhaps putting the pure oil in your hair, letting it sit for a bit, then washing it out well with another shampoo may work, then you get the effect and wash it out so it doesn't weigh you down.

I googled home remedies, the one at the bottom of the page seems viable perhaps?

http://www.ayurvediccure.com/homeremedies_dandruff.htm

Good luck!
#3 Old 05-27-2009, 10:35 AM
Banned

isn't selsun blue vegan? i'm sure i read somewhere that it was. doesn't smell like apples though.
#4 Old 05-27-2009, 01:07 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodedclawjen View Post

isn't selsun blue vegan? i'm sure i read somewhere that it was. doesn't smell like apples though.

Yep, it is
#5 Old 06-05-2009, 01:22 AM
Beginner

Are you sure you need the pyrithione zinc? I thought I has dandruff for a while, but it turnned out that I was just alergic to the shampoo and conditioner, try switching to a more natural line and see if that make's a difference, it might take a week or two for your scalp to get back to normal though.
#6 Old 06-05-2009, 09:52 AM
Banned

^^^ this is a valid point. my brother had an itchy head for absolutely yeeeears (about 20 or so of them) until he stated using some gunk from the local healthfood shop that doesn't have any kind of sodium laureth whateveritis type foaming and lathering agent in it. voila- head not itchy nor flaky any more. amazing, it is. proper dandruff with grey waxy clumpy flakes is a really different thing to random itchy flaky head syndrome.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page