Favorite Frozen Meals - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-04-2009, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

What are your favorite frozen meals? Mine are:

-Kashi Tuscan Veggie Bake (260 calories, 9g total fat, 1.5 saturated, 8g fiber, 8g sugar, 7g protein). VEGAN

-Lean Cuisine Butternut Squash Ravioli

-Quorn Cranberry Goat Cheese Chik'n cutlet

-Amy's Black Bean, Tofu, Corn Enchiladas (VEGAN)

I want to try the Kashi Mayan Harvest Bake (have to find it). The Kashi Pesto Pasta Primavera was okay.

I don't eat a lot of frozen meals, but I do enjoy the easiness and cheapness a couple times a week. I'm addicted to Quorn, I eat that a lot. I just finished the Tuscan Bake (first time) and thought it was flavored well... too bad I can't fully taste it because I'm sick I'm going to be living off frozen things for a while, too sick to cook.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-04-2009, 02:33 PM
Beginner

Stuff I make and then freeze myself! Does that count?

Otherwise, VeggiePatch spinach bites a good little snacks and Amy's burritos are a go to for on the go snacking for me.
#3 Old 04-04-2009, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

I'm going to have to say that those don't count because they're homemade meals.

I've been wanting to try those spinach bites... I may have to pick them up next time I see them.
#4 Old 04-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Beginner

Kashi Tuscan Veggie Bake

^^ That is soooo good, and I love the nutrition stats on it

I used to eat lean cuisines all the time but since going veg I'm trying out new tv dinners so I don't know which ones I like best yet. The Amy's lasagnas are really good tho.
#5 Old 04-04-2009, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator

I haven't had a lot of Amy's products because of the price.... they never go on sale! I have had the cheese enchiladas and they were really good too. I want to try something new... if someone will suggest something fabulous, I'll buy it.

I just purchased the Mayan Kashi meal, but I'm not going to eat it until I can taste again
#6 Old 04-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Beginner

Whole foods had a lot of Indian tv dinners, I got one but haven't tried it, i'll let you know what it's like when I do
#7 Old 04-04-2009, 10:10 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks!
#8 Old 04-04-2009, 11:52 PM
Beginner

I dont eat many frozen meals but do have a few Kashi meals that I like

1--Black Bean Mango...vegan

2--Ranchero Beans....vegan

3--pesto pasta primavera...Vegetarian

4--Garden Veggie Pasta..vegan

Have a Hippie Day
#9 Old 04-04-2009, 11:54 PM
Beginner

Quote:
3--pesto pasta primavera...Vegetarian

I just bought that one and haven't tried it either, good to hear you liked it, I suppose you can't go wrong with Kashi
#10 Old 04-05-2009, 12:30 AM
Beginner

I never had a frozen meal that I liked. All the ones I've tried years ago sucked big time. Maybe they've improved now, but when I look at the ****ty looking frozen meals I see people at work eating, it doesn't look like it.

m8itcanw8.com
#11 Old 04-05-2009, 12:55 AM
Beginner

It's really hit or miss with a lot of them. Some of the ones people buy I don't know how they can eat them. My dad eats those Hungry Man dinners sometimes, 1000 calories, a whole day of sodium, god knows how much fat...

And the healthy choice ones, they have great stats but they always tasted horrible, especially the meat, not that anyone here has to worry about how the meat tastes lol

I wish Kashi made a vegetarian version of the lemon grass chicken, that one used to be my favorite when I was omni. I guess I could pick the chicken out...... NOT!
#12 Old 04-05-2009, 01:21 AM
Beginner

I don't eat frozen meals.

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
#13 Old 04-05-2009, 06:54 AM
Beginner

The Kashi no cheese pizza was the only Kashi meal I've tried and I wouldn't buy it again. I love Amy's Roasted Veggie and will buy it every couple months if I have a coupon. I've also tried Tofutti's non dairy frozen pizza because I was able to get it for $2 and I was curious how it was. It was basically like Ellio's pizza but vegan. The only other frozen meal I've tried is Amy's Indian Samosa Wrap which I wasn't fond of at all. It was way too bland for me and I had to drown it in more spices and sauces.
#14 Old 04-05-2009, 12:00 PM
Beginner

I eat a lot of frozen meals out of convenience when I'm working. So I have lots of faves!

Amy's:

Cheese Enchilada

Black Bean and vegetable enchilada w/ rice and pinto beans

Non-dairy burritos

Vegetable Lasagna

Tofu Scramble

Tofu Scramble pocket (just tried this recently, really really good!)

Macaroni and Soy Cheeze (has casein)

The Kashi ones I've tried have been ok. I haven't seen a lot of the ones mentioned here. The pesto primavera was decent. I think I tried a new one it was like a marinara pasto w/ white beans, broccoli and squash. That was good but probably not a favorite.
#15 Old 04-05-2009, 07:14 PM
Super Moderator

Ooooo, I need to try the tofu scrambles

The pesto primavera really was missing something. The Tuscan one I just had I REALLY liked, but I can't taste food fully, so maybe it really wasn't that good I like healthy, that's a plus. I did like what I could taste.

Come on body, get better so I can eat the Mayan meal
#16 Old 04-06-2009, 11:19 AM
Banned

I was doing my own thing quietly and YOU are the one who created this post trying to make a big deal out of it. Keep flaming the fire. That must be what you want.

#17 Old 04-06-2009, 11:27 AM
Banned

I was doing my own thing quietly and YOU are the one who created this post trying to make a big deal out of it. Keep flaming the fire. That must be what you want.

#18 Old 04-06-2009, 11:40 AM
Beginner

I don't eat many frozen meals. There aren't any frozen entrees available in the town I live closest to, but when I visit my bro he always has an Amy's frozen pizza for me, which is quite delicious. I'll have to go shopping w/him next time I'm there and try some other things mentioned here.
#19 Old 04-06-2009, 01:36 PM
Beginner

Amy's:

Tofu Scramble

Chili and Cornbread Whole Meal

Country Dinner Whole Meal (veg salisbury steak)

Quorn:

Cranberry Goat Cheese Cutlet

Gruyere Cutlet

LightLife:

Smart Stuffers Turk'y with Cranberry Stuffing

Michelina's (they have a veg*n line):

Cheese Stuffed Rigatoni

Margherita Pizza

5 Cheese Lasagna
#20 Old 04-07-2009, 06:11 AM
Beginner

Those Quorn cutlets must be amazing b/c you all rave about them! Must find.
#21 Old 04-07-2009, 06:17 AM
Beginner

The only prepackaged frozen meal I buy (and that's only rarely) is a chana masala one. I don't know the brand :\\

I make coconut rice and pour the entree on top of it. It's pretty good, a little spicy but the coconut rice balances it out
#22 Old 04-07-2009, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydvdr View Post

Tandoor Chef Vegetable Pad Thai

I never get tired of this one.

Oooo.... I'll have to look for that, don't know if they sell it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veg*nTray View Post

Amy's:

Tofu Scramble

Chili and Cornbread Whole Meal

Country Dinner Whole Meal (veg salisbury steak)

Quorn:

Cranberry Goat Cheese Cutlet

Gruyere Cutlet

LightLife:

Smart Stuffers Turk'y with Cranberry Stuffing

Michelina's (they have a veg*n line):

Cheese Stuffed Rigatoni

Margherita Pizza

5 Cheese Lasagna

I'll try to make it to my local HFS soon (the one I LOVE with the veg Cafe) and pick up some Amy's from your list.

I have yet to find a Quorn product I didn't like. The Southwestern nuggets (or whatever they are) weren't my favorite, but I would eat them. The regular nuggets with BBQ sauce Best!

I'll have to check Michelina's I'm trying to lose weight, so prepacked meals would be very helpful for calorie counting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobeVegChick View Post

Those Quorn cutlets must be amazing b/c you all rave about them! Must find.

If you find Quorn, get the Nuggets and bake them in the oven I eat mine with either BBQ sauce or Honey.
#23 Old 05-28-2009, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator

I have to bump this. I tried the Kashi Mayan bake thing... I didn't like it at all. The weird thing is I usually love meals exactly like this, it has my fav stuff in it, I just had a hard time eating it. It may have been a texture thing. It got the best reviews online too.
#24 Old 05-28-2009, 07:32 PM
Beginner

I dont like Kashi's meals. I tried 3 different ones, all vegan, and they were kinda tasteless and blah.

Does quorn make anything vegan? I had their "chicken" things, I think cutlets, once, it's been a long time. They were very good, but not vegan.
#25 Old 05-28-2009, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator

I really like the Kashi Tuscan bake though

No, sadly, Quorn isn't vegan I think they're working on it though, that's the impression I got from them when I sent them an inquiry.
#26 Old 05-28-2009, 10:12 PM
Beginner

Since I went vegan, it cut down on quite a few of my favorite frozen meals, but here's my vegan favorites:

Amy's:

Black Bean Vegetable Enchiladas

Baked Ziti Bowl

Teriyaki Bowl

Kashi:

Black Bean Mango

I have the Kashi Tuscan Veggie Bake and the Kashi Mayan Bake in the freezer, waiting to be tried. Just haven't gotten around to them yet. And an Amy's Roasted Vegetable Tamale meal that I'll be having tomorrow night.

★ Vegetarian: 7/4/07 ☆ Near-Vegan: 11/08 ☆ FINALLY VEGAN! 4/4/09 ★

♥ 4 years down and a lifetime to go! ♥
#27 Old 05-28-2009, 10:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojie View Post

Kashi:

Black Bean Mango

I have the Kashi Tuscan Veggie Bake and the Kashi Mayan Bake in the freezer, waiting to be tried. Just haven't gotten around to them yet. And an Amy's Roasted Vegetable Tamale meal that I'll be having tomorrow night.

Haven't tried this one, it has bell peppers in it, I can't have those

A LOT of people on the Kashi site LOVE the Mayan Bake, so take my review with a grain of salt. I have another Tuscan Bake in my freezer, can't wait to have it it
#28 Old 05-29-2009, 11:24 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

Haven't tried this one, it has bell peppers in it, I can't have those

A LOT of people on the Kashi site LOVE the Mayan Bake, so take my review with a grain of salt. I have another Tuscan Bake in my freezer, can't wait to have it it

Aww, you're missing out. I really like the Black Bean Mango. It's sweet and starchy but juicy and a little spicy. It's weird.

I'm trying not to form any judments about the Mayan Bake before I try it. I know some people love it and some are underwhelmed. I'm hoping I love it, but if I don't, it won't be the end of the world since I have to drive 45 minutes to get it from Whole Foods.

#29 Old 05-29-2009, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojie View Post

Aww, you're missing out. I really like the Black Bean Mango. It's sweet and starchy but juicy and a little spicy. It's weird.

I'm trying not to form any judments about the Mayan Bake before I try it. I know some people love it and some are underwhelmed. I'm hoping I love it, but if I don't, it won't be the end of the world since I have to drive 45 minutes to get it from Whole Foods.

Why are you taunting me?

I just don't understand why I didn't like it... I love everything in it alone... maybe I just expected it to take like the Kale and Potato enchiladas from Veganomicon, VERY similar looking and ingredients. Oh well.
#30 Old 05-29-2009, 02:15 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

Why are you taunting me?

I just don't understand why I didn't like it... I love everything in it alone... maybe I just expected it to take like the Kale and Potato enchiladas from Veganomicon, VERY similar looking and ingredients. Oh well.

Sorry. Not trying to rub your nose in it. I just can't help it. It's good.

I've had that happen a couple of times where I really should love something and it just doesn't work for me for whatever reason. With me, it's usually either that I don't like the ingredients in combination or it's a texture thing. More often, it's the combination one. Texture doesn't usually bother me too much.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page