Animal friendly products carried in everyday stores(walmart, walgreens, target,etc) - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-26-2008, 10:12 PM
Beginner

Okay I can't order animal friendly products online and I have no idea which companies don't test on animals.

So what are the everyday products you can find at walmarts, targets, walgreens, etc.?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-29-2008, 08:49 AM
Beginner

peta has a list of companies that test and don't test on animals...but that doesn't take into consideration if there are animal products in them.

I doubt that there are any products there that don't have animal products in walmart/target/etc.
#3 Old 12-29-2008, 08:54 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockabillyVegan View Post

peta has a list of companies that test and don't test on animals...but that doesn't take into consideration if there are animal products in them.

I doubt that there are any products there that don't have animal products in walmart/target/etc.

Sure they do. Even walmart stocks natural and organic products nowadays. They carry JASON products for example, which are cruelty free and vegan.

Lynn

https://www.facebook.com/vigilant20

https://www.facebook.com/FrugalVegetarianRecipes

#4 Old 12-29-2008, 09:04 AM
Beginner

hm...never heard of it...learn something new everyday!
#5 Old 12-29-2008, 09:50 AM
Banned

i think it depends on how big your local walmart/target is, and the market for those products in your area, whether or not an individual store carries them.

our walmart has a range of kiss my face products and the like, but i live in a pretty hippy-friendly city-type area, if you live in the arse end of nowhere surrounded by people who would run screaming from anything patchoulli secented or made of hemp, yours perhaps won't.

if your local store doesn't have something, but the companys online shopping website does, you can always ask them to carry the line in store for you!

maybe looking online at targets website, for a start, will help you get the idea of it. if you check the 'natural beauty products' section, a lot of the stuff there is good. brands i see that might be good include jason, method, kiss my face, alba, weleda, giovanni, possibly some of the burts bees, juice, avalon organics, etc.

you can write down those brands and take the bit of paper with you to see if your store has them, or copy the product name, look it up on kiss my face (or whoevers) site for more info, then print off the items you want from targets site, and give the bit of paper to the manager of that section in the store and beg them to get it for you.
#6 Old 12-29-2008, 10:25 AM
Beginner

method is animal friendly - method is at target (and i found some at big lots too)

queen helene does not test on animals and most products are animal free, just read ingredients (a few have lanolin). i use the face scrubs and a few of the lotions from queen helene, they are a GREAT price. queen helene is at target, wal-mart, longs, and a lot of other drug stores.

white rain is animal friendly and available at most all chain stores.
#7 Old 01-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Beginner

burt's bees is animal friendly. some of their products have beeswax or milk but some are vegan (i think) and they don't test on animals.

i've also read that nyc make up is vegan but that might not be true. i hope it is because i buy it sometimes.
#8 Old 01-12-2009, 01:10 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by godxisxagnostic View Post

burt's bees is animal friendly. some of their products have beeswax or milk but some are vegan (i think) and they don't test on animals.

It's the same with Alba. Most of them I've came across are vegan but the SPF 18 lipbalm contains beewax.

I don't believe I ever came acoss vegetarian/vegan lip and skin care products in drugstores like Walgreens or Rite Aid before but I frequently see them at Target.
#9 Old 01-12-2009, 01:14 AM
Beginner

By the way, the Body Shop's products are all vegetarian and their shops are practically everywhere.
#10 Old 01-13-2009, 03:08 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcontent View Post

By the way, the Body Shop's products are all vegetarian and their shops are practically everywhere.

their ginger shampoo smells soo yummy and lathers well too. Ive been trying different brands and it has worked best for my very sensitive flaky scalp.
#11 Old 01-13-2009, 04:25 PM
Beginner

Method, Method, Method! (at Target) I love all of their products. They have bath stuff, cleaning stuff, hand wash, etc, etc. Target also has some bath products made by Pure and Natural (I think) that smell nice and are vegan. I've seen Tom's of Maine products there as well (but I think their parent company is not animal friendly?) but I don't think I've seen J/A/S/O/N products there.

At my Target they have an entire aisle with tons of animal friendly/cruelty free bath and body products.

Not sure about the food stuff...I typically don't find a lot of vegan stuff there but they may have some veggie friendly stuff. I don't shop at Walmart.
#12 Old 01-18-2009, 06:19 AM
Beginner

Revlon doesn't test on animals. I use their makeup.

I am trying to find a moisturizer that I can buy at regular stores that doesn't use animal testing.
#13 Old 01-19-2009, 02:18 PM
Beginner

I was just at Target. Here are some more products I found in their natural section that don't test on animals. Most appear to be veggie, though not all are vegan. Make sure you read the labels.

Kaori Sanctuary

JR Watkins

Yes to Carrots

Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap
#14 Old 01-23-2009, 10:18 PM
Super Moderator

What specific products are you talking about?

Lotions? Soaps? Household cleaners? Makeup? Deodorant? All of these?

(I would type them up right now, but I'm going to bed, let me know)
#15 Old 01-29-2009, 06:51 PM
Beginner

I get most of my animal-friendly products from Target, but since we don't have one in the town where I go to college (tear, tear) I either stock up when I go home or hope that Walgreens or Wal-Mart(ugh) has them. I really don't like Wal-Mart, but I know at Walgreen's I've seen the Yes to Carrots/Tomatoes/Cucumbers brand there. I've never tried it but I've heard it's pretty good. I mostly get Kiss My Face and Alba products from my Target back home.

ÂSometimes you just have to put on lip gloss and pretend to be psyched. -Mindy Kaling
#16 Old 01-29-2009, 08:31 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaskins View Post

I mostly get Kiss My Face and Alba products from my Target back home.

Fred Meyer carries these products too. So does Market of Choice (if you live in Oregon).
#17 Old 01-29-2009, 11:32 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopespiral View Post

Fred Meyer carries these products too. So does Market of Choice (if you live in Oregon).

Unfortunately, I go to school in a pretty small town in Oklahoma. So Walgreen's is pretty much my only choice since I try to avoid Wal-Mart at all costs.

ÂSometimes you just have to put on lip gloss and pretend to be psyched. -Mindy Kaling
#18 Old 02-01-2009, 11:48 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaskins View Post

Unfortunately, I go to school in a pretty small town in Oklahoma. So Walgreen's is pretty much my only choice since I try to avoid Wal-Mart at all costs.

Hmmm...I'm not very familiar with Walgreens. You could always order your products online or stock up every time you go somewhere that has a larger selection.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page