VeggieBoards banner

Cruelty Free Cold Cream

5K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  computergirl 
#1 ·
I am in a stage makeup class at school, and after playing around with the kit today, it is pretty obvious to me that I am going to need some type of cold cream. I want one that is cruelty free, preferably as organic as possible. I am not vegan, but I am always going to chose a vegan product over a non-vegan one when available!

So far the closet thing I have found is any Burt's Bees product, although they aren't vegan, they are almost completely natural and 100% cruelty free. They don't have a cold cream, per say, but I think a moisturizer might work.I can't find anything else!

I am looking for a Noxzema or Pond's type cream. Could I just use a moisturizer and wipe off excess?

#2 ·
HERBAL TREATMENTS

A number of herbs can be effective as a natural acne treatment. Try aloe vera, sage, sarsaparilla, yellow dock, burdock, basic, sandalwood or tea tree oil. Herbs are seeped in water and the resulting mixture is applied directly to the affected areas. Neem is also effective in treating a variety of skin disorders. You can buy Neem in leaf powder form. Turmeric is also good for treating acne. You can take it internally or make it into a paste and apply it to your skin. Green tea is also known to be good for people with acne

http://www.holisticacnetreatments.com] Acne Treatment [/url]

#3 ·
What you really need is something emolient like an oil based product, but you also need something that rise or wipes off. So, my standby of olive oil may not work for you. The moisturizer idea sounds really good, the only thing is I am not sure it would work if it's one that touts it's oil freeness because then it probably has silicones. If it has silicones then it won't wipe off nicely.

ETA: Ok, I found something that would work perfectly, ADE Creamy Cleanser from Earth Science. There are no animal ingredients or animal testing and the ingredients look really nice, no unneeded extras or fillers. My sister uses this and I have tried it so I know the texture and it would remove your make-up and wipe away nicely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.