VeggieBoards banner

where to buy vegan/vegetarian groceries online?

10K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Recycler 
#1 ·
Does anyone know of some websites where you can buy vegetarian/vegan grocery type items from? I'll be moving to an area where it is hard to find stuff like that, and I just wanted to know where I can buy stuff online so I don't have to eat lentils for an entire year.

#8 ·
Thanks.
I'm moving to middle-of-nowhere, Texas for a year to go to school...and it's surprising how few vegetarian choices I can find there at the grocery store, restaurants.. I guess I'm used to being so spoiled with all the places up here in Washington.. veggie restaurants, whole foods, trader joe's, co-op, etc.

#10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelene17 View Post

Thanks.
I'm moving to middle-of-nowhere, Texas for a year to go to school...and it's surprising how few vegetarian choices I can find there at the grocery store, restaurants.. I guess I'm used to being so spoiled with all the places up here in Washington.. veggie restaurants, whole foods, trader joe's, co-op, etc.
If there's an HEB (regional grocery chain), they usually have a selection of organic and vegetarian* products. Have you looked there

*I originally put "vegan" but realised I wasn't sure they were truly vegan brands!

#12 ·
The link I just provided is a vegan commune (well at least it used to be vegan except for honey) but their book (with the exception of honey in a few recipes) is called the "Farm Cookbook". Mine is about 30 years old. In it you'll find how you can make, and quickly too, tons of vegan food from dry and wet ingredients you can find in any grocery store (many have tofu). If your local grocery doesn't have it, check for local Asian grocery stores.

From a vegetarian resource guide recipe I have made a quick Seitan which is better than the store bought. I make my own burgers from TVP. You'd be surprised that you don't have to live on lentils and live cheaply and become a self sustaining vegan.

#13 ·
http://www.veganfood.com/

There's a number of veg societies in Texas:

* Vegetarian Network of Austin (VNA) - home to a healthy vegan and vegetarian community (Austin)

* Vegetarian Society of DFW - Vegetarian Society of DFW (VSOD) (Carrollton)

* Black Vegetarian Society of Texas - DFW Black Vegetarian Society (dBVs) (Dallas)

* Dollar urban art inc. - dallas urban art. (dallas)

* PartyNuts! - PartyNuts! Inaugural Dinner (Dallas)

* The Dallas Vegetarian Lunch Group - MEETS EACH SUNDAY FOR LUNCH AT DIFFERENT RESTAURANTS IN DALLAS (DALLAS)

* Denton Veggie Group - Denton Veggie Group (Denton)

* Organic Veggie Group - Organic Veggie Group (DFW Airport)

* Vegetarian Society of El Paso - Bi-monthly dinners with speakers at a restaurant - event is vegan (El Paso)

* Cowtown Vegetarian Lunch Group - Sunday Vegetarian Buffets and Friday Vegetarian Dinners (Euless)

* Mid-Suburban Veggie Group - Mid-Suburban Veggie Group (Euless)

* Fort Worth Vegetarian Society Inc. - Serving the greater Fort Worth/Dallas area (Fort Worth)

* Cochehua Vegetarian Collective - cochehua promotes veggie/vegan living in deep south texas (Harlingen)

* In Solidarity With Animals - In Solidarity with Animals (Houston)

* Vegetarian Society of Houston - committed to social change toward a vegetarian lifestyle. (Houston)

* Vegetarian Singles - Vegetarian Singles of Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex (Irving)

* Lubbock Vegetarian Society (LVS) - - - - - (Lubbock)

* Naturalist Religion - Temple of Nature Foundation - Belong to the Naturalist Religion (McKinney)

* San Antonio Vegetarian Society - List of veggie friendly retaurants in San Antonio, Texas (San Antonio)

* 15th Annual Lone Star Veg. Net. Vegetarian (Vegan!) Chili Cook-Off - 15th Annual Lone Star Veg. Net. Vegetarian (Vegan!) Chili Cook-Off (Spring)

* The Body of Jesus The Nazoraion - The Body of Jesus The Nazoraion (Tyler)

* Tyler Vegetarian Group - East Texas Vegetarian\\Vegans (Tyler)

* Lone Star Vegetarian Network (LSVN) - - - - - (W. Columbia)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.