VeggieBoards banner

KC Masterpiece Baked Beans are vegan

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Beautiful Joe 
#1 ·
I noticed three flavors of KC Masterpiece baked beans on the grocery shelves. The only question I had after reading the ingredient lists was whether the "natural smoke flavoring" was meat derived, so I emailed the company, and they responded that there is no meat derived (or meat) product in their beans.

I've tried their smoky bourbon baked beans, and IMO, they are better than Bush's vegetarian baked beans.

I thought I would share that there are now three more veg*n friendly flavors of canned baked beans available.

#2 ·
I will add that Hanover vegetarian baked beans are vegan! I emailed them about the 'natural flavors" and had a reply the next morning that:" there are no animal ingrediants. They are vegan" I was so happy with that! And I like them a LOT. Nothing fancy, not too sweet, not 'molassy'

Joan of Arc and some store brand chili beans are vegan.

I was at Aldi and there Smokehouse Beans look vegan. I didn't even see 'natural flavor'

Someone else refrenced a steakhouse baked bean that was vegan. I think Campbell

Heinz vegetarian baked beans are vegan, but I didn't like those

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.