VeggieBoards banner

Vegan running shoes

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  krispex22 
#1 ·
I need a good pair of vegan running shoes. I also have bunions so i need shoes that are good for that. Im not spending more than 80-100 dollars on shoes.
Ive been wearing adidas climacools. There mesh and all manmade materials. But there not very supportive. My feet always hurt so bad when im done working out, especially after running. Especially my bunions.
I have dr scholls in them but they really dont help much.
Any suggestions?

#2 ·
I think most running shoes these days are mesh with manmade "leather". It's hard to recommend a shoe since everyones feet are so different. My favorite running shoes are an old pair of Mizunos, but they've discontinued the style and I can't seem to find anything else that fits as well. It's very frustrating! I've been trying new pairs that actually hurt my feet more than the ancient worn out pair. My only advice is to go to the store and try shoes on until you find one that feels right (and read the materials on the boxes, of course). Good luck!

#3 ·
How completely vegan are you looking for? There are lots of shoes with vegan tops, and even soles, but use animal based glues.
Lots of Saucony's are vegan, and some like their "Jazz" style are labeled vegan- including the glue.

I supinate, meaning I walk on the outsides of my feet. It took me quite some time to figure out Saucony is the only shoe that caters to this! I guess it's most common to over pronate- walk on your inside foot

A lot of Natural Balance have manmade materials for over pronaters, but none labeled vegan

Earth Balance have all vegan shoes, but also have that lowered heel. I love them for walking, and particularly when I have to stand for extended times. I wouldn't run in them, but then again, I don't really run

Amazon have Jazz at good prices. Check for free returns

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.