kiehl's - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-27-2004, 09:58 AM

checked with kiehl's on their animal ingredients/animal testing policies. here is their response:

"we use no animal ingredients in our preparations, with the exception of lanolin, which is derived from sheared sheep's wool. we have chosen to utilize this ingredient because of its efficacy and compatibility with the skin and because this ingredient can be obtained without harming the animals.

we carry several products that contain lanolin. please note you may view the full ingredient list of our products on the

www.kiehls.com website. below each specific product picture, there is an option called "zoom label." by clicking on this icon, you will be able to read the entire label, including the ingredients, of our products.

in addition, kiehl's does not - nor have we ever - tested our products on animals. we offer our customers products of the highest quality that have been tested thoroughly in laboratory environments to ensure safety in use by our customers.

we hope that you will find the above information to be helpful and informative. if you should have any further questions or need additional information, please do not hesitate to call on us at 1-800-kiehls-1, and it would always be our pleasure to assist you however we can."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-27-2004, 06:25 PM

Lost of other nasty stuff in their products, though. Too many things I can't pronounce. I'm sticking with brands like Aubrey Organics for now.
#3 Old 05-27-2004, 11:09 PM

I remember looking at one of my cruelty free booklets from PETA or Leaping Bunny or another one that Kiehls is cruelty free BUT their parent company(meaning the company that owns them) is NOT. I personally don't buy anything from a company that tests. Example, Maybelline is cruelty free, but their parent company, L'oreal is not, they test their ingredients on animals. Check for sure though cause I'm not perfect..lol Well mostly anyway! lol. This may not matter to you though.

Stephanie
#4 Old 05-13-2010, 04:13 PM

I send an email to Kiehls asking if they did anumal testing and this is their reply:

from\tKiehl's <kiehls@us.loreal.com>

sender-time\tSent at 2:13 PM (GMT-04:00). Current time there: 6:12 PM. ✆

to\t@gmail.com

date\tThu, May 13, 2010 at 2:13 PM

subject\tKiehl's Since 1851 Ref # 5576228 #

\t

May 13, 2010

Thank you for your reply to our email.

Within the context of the European Union's 7th Amendment, safety tests on animals are absolutely necessary and compulsory for some ingredients, bearing in mind the lack of approved alternative methods, to ensure that the products which are marketed are safe, effective and innovative.

Again, we invite you to view our Sustainable Development Report, which is posted on our company's global website www.loreal.com.

We appreciate your interest in Kiehl's.

Sincerely,

Georgia

Customer Relations

Ref # 5576228

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page