Almond milk ice cream - VeggieBoards - A Vegetarian Community
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-04-2011, 06:27 PM
Banned

Back story: I bought my house 2 years ago. It came with a fridge that didn't work well at all. In it, ice cream melted in a couple hours. Therefore, I have pretty much been without ice cream for about 2 years. Yeah, it has not been easy.

Today, I got a new fridge. To celebrate, I perused the ice cream aisle of my HFS. I came across some Blue Diamond almond milk based ice cream (with pralines). With my newfound powers of 32 degrees, I snatched it up.

I am torn. I don't know what I like better now. Coconut ice cream is incredible. But this almond milk ice cream is also incredible. Both of these put regular milk based ice cream to shame.

Anyways, I don't remember seeing a topic on almond milk based ice cream and thought I should let everyone know that this is some seriously good stuff. Try it. You won't regret it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-04-2011, 06:29 PM
Beginner

I must find this!!!
#3 Old 04-04-2011, 07:21 PM
Banned

deleted

#4 Old 04-04-2011, 07:25 PM
Beginner

Coconut milk ice cream works for me when I want a coconut flavor... But almond milk ice cream is DIVINE.

I got these...

And ate the WHOLE FRIGGIN' THING in one sitting. Because they are outstanding.
#5 Old 04-04-2011, 07:29 PM
Beginner

I've never seen almond milk ice cream. I'll have to try it. Apparently I've been missing out.

"If you are lonely when you're alone, you are in bad company."
Jean-Paul Sartre
#6 Old 04-05-2011, 07:34 AM
Banned

i go for the lower fat version. just take a large very ripe frozen banana, a cup of almond milk and other fresh fruit, blend it up and it's completely satisfying. i haven't tried freezing it solid yet but at only 2.5 grams of fat, it satisfies my ice cream desires. i am going to freeze it today and try it like that.
#7 Old 04-05-2011, 08:05 AM
Beginner

I must find this!! My daughters love the almond milk I buy. The oldest told me last night that it tastes like ceral milk. I thought that I would be the only one drinking it, but it seems the family is enjoying the new stuff in the fridge as much as I am.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page