cookware:kitchen aid or calphalon - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-01-2010, 01:42 AM
Beginner

please users and food lovers suggest which product is better in stainless steel pots and pans

kitchen aid, calphalon, jamie oliver (t-fal), gordon ramsey, cuisinart

please add in you favourites to help me buy good life time pots and pans
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-02-2010, 09:35 PM
Beginner

my opinion on this from my own experience is that nothing you buy is gonna last you a lifetime no matter what claims the manufacturer makes, so just buy what looks reasonably sturdy is affordable to you & is safe >>> i.e nothing with metal handles cuz youre bound to burn yourself on it at some point. my own kitchen is pretty eclectic when it comes to equipment, the only common theme is that everything i buy is teflon.
#3 Old 05-03-2010, 01:09 AM
Banned

^^^ what he said. especially if its got teflon on it. 25 year warranty my arse. i annihillate that stuff within a year. i get frying pans like that individually in winners on sale- less worry, less hassle, less cost.

....although.... my stainless steel pans have metal handles- i wanted that because they're spot welded on and its one less part to fail (i'm a bit brutal to my pans and plastic and wooden handles don't fair well, and those silicone grippy ones seemed really flimsy and likely to get manky)- i'm prepared to risk the burns- i burn myself all the time anyway.

i wouldn't bother about celebrity chef endorsements, they're just a sales gimmick and say nothing about the product quality- just get what works for you and fits your budget. mine cost maybe $300 canadian on sale, they're T-fal but not jamie oliver (they're about 2 years old)- nice and solid, decent base, sturdy handle, lids fit well, no annoyingly tricky to clean bits, they do the job, you can scrub the hell out of them. i'd get yourself a few heavy cast iron frying pans and some ceramic non stick ones too.
#4 Old 05-03-2010, 01:35 AM
Beginner

All Clad makes excellent stainless cookware. Their pans are very responsive, distribute heat evenly on their cooking surfaces and the handles remain cool to the touch so no burning yourself. I have several of their pieces as well as some Calphalon. I like the Calphalon pots I have also, however I don't think they make that particular line anymore so I can't really recommend it. I don't particularly like some of the new stuff they came out with; it seems too light weight to be able to regulate temperatures and the dark interior color can be a hindrance and a distraction when making certain foods. Le Creuset also came out with a line of stainless pans which I would be interested in trying since their enameled cast iron pans are quite nice. Good cookware can be a large investment but, if you take care of it, can last a lifetime. In fact, I inherited some pans from my grandfather through my mother which are still going strong after almost 70 years of use.

Support your right to arm bears. ~Cleveland Amory
#5 Old 05-03-2010, 05:48 AM
Beginner

In my opinion, All Clad is the best out there for stainless steel cookware. Le Creuset is the best out there for dutch oven type cookware. Having said that and owning these, I'm kinda hooked on two cheap pans that I picked up at an Asian store. They have a faux stone finish on them and really rock the stove.

My Vegan Food Blog: http://soundlyvegan.com
#6 Old 10-23-2011, 10:09 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by briancox View Post

Non stick cookwares coated with Teflon is harmful for Human Body. It has a substance called Carcinogen which can initiate cancer.

Teflon is not a carcinogen, but if it is heated up too much, with in excess of 500F, it will begin to disintegrate, which will make you sick, but not give you cancer. If you do find your self with a Teflon pan, do not heat it up past the 75% mark on your stove, because it will burn, and then disintegrate. Also, when washing it, it is better to hand wash it, and let it soak for about 10 minutes and all of the food will slide off. Do not scrub a Teflon pan, or the Teflon comes off.

I'm not sure if this brand is available where you live, but Paderno makes the best stainless steel and Teflon pots and pans, and if properly cared for, last for a long time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page