Real looking Fake/Faux Fur - Anyone know anything about it? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-22-2009, 05:20 PM
Beginner

OK, heres my problem. My line of work involves alot of making things for film and TV. I work mainly in hard materials, though come across alot of very talented sculpters who build masks and animals and those sorts of things. From time to time they need to use fur. I try to explain why not to use real fur without lossing friends and without being unprofessional, but it doesnt often work. This is often due to the fact that these people work in such detail that the fakes just dont cut it, they look fuzzy, and dont light properly. I have heard hints of wispers about there being a synthetic that is undistinguishable from the real thing to the naked eye, but havnt seen it. Thus, i think it would help my argument if i could provide these people with a worthy alternative. Anyone know of this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-22-2009, 05:26 PM
Beginner

Someone gave me a beautiful fake fur coat. It's not my style, and I would be scared to wear it for fear of people mistaking it for the real thing, but I didn't have the heart to refuse it, since it isn't real. It's in storage right now, or I would check the label. It really is gorgeous, and it matches my hair. I don't know who it would look on film though.

www.thesaucyvegan.com
#3 Old 12-22-2009, 07:09 PM
Beginner

www.fabulousfurs.com

slops, gloops, and gruels.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page