Penis stew turns woman into vegetarian - VeggieBoards - A Vegetarian Community
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-06-2003, 10:50 AM
Beginner

Quote:
The discovery of a piece of cooked penis in her stew was so traumatic for a hospital cleaner that she had to receive psychiatric help. She was completely turned off meat, becoming a vegetarian overnight. Sophie Matlala was so upset that she launched a R2,5-million damages claim against her employer, Medforum Hospital. The Pretoria High Court heard yesterday that her ordeal occurred on May 11 1999 as she sat down for lunch and started to enjoy a plate of goulash - the treat for the day.

Matlala (60) took a couple of bites of the rest of the meal, before tackling the meat. It was slippery and she could not cut it with a knife. She took it in her hand and placed it in her mouth, but the court heard that the "meat" was so tough she could not bite through it. She took the offending morsel out of her mouth, inspected it with her colleagues, and they all concluded that it was a penis. Matlala said she vomited for the rest of the afternoon.

She claimed that the hospital had the duty to ensure that meals served to staff were fit for human consumption.

Hospital authorities confirmed the woman's suspicions, but indicated that meals for the staff were obtained from a different supplier from the one who supplied food for patients.

Because it had been cooked, it could not be established whether the penis was from a human or an animal.

Judge Phineas Mojapelo turned down her application. He pointed out that she had had three years from the date of the incident to institute legal action but had failed to do so until it was too late.

He expressed the hope that her legal advisers would advise her that she could institute a claim against them.

Article
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-06-2003, 11:16 AM
Beginner

Initially I thought that was funny, but after reading it, it gives me the chills. That is indeed gross.
#3 Old 08-06-2003, 11:21 AM
Beginner

She let the golden goose get away...she should really look into suing whomever it was that advised her to wait until the statute of limitations had run it's course before filing.
#4 Old 08-06-2003, 12:06 PM
Beginner

Because it had been cooked, it could not be established whether the penis was from a human or an animal.

you would have though someone(if human) would have noticed he was missing something, but the again maybe he did and didn't want to say, but what was he doing that enabled him to lose his penis?
#5 Old 08-06-2003, 12:18 PM
Beginner

Maybe it was a cadaver's penis? Someone's idea of a sick joke. I mean, it was a hospital's cafeteria. A disgruntled hospital employee??
#6 Old 08-06-2003, 12:47 PM
Beginner

Um...wow. This reminds me of something that happened out in the middle of Nebraska a while back. Someone found a severed penis in a field and it took an exorbitant amount of time for the authorities to conclude that it was NOT human.

Perhaps there's a serial severed-penis scatterer out there...slowly traveling the world and leaving penises wherever he/she goes...
#7 Old 08-06-2003, 01:05 PM
Beginner

hehehehe....funny in a weird kinda way.
#8 Old 08-06-2003, 02:32 PM
Beginner

I really hope that she womited not because of the penis but because she realized that there's no real difference between eating a penis and eating a piece of cow a$$ or back or leg or the wing of a chicken or the liver of a duck, etc....
#9 Old 08-06-2003, 02:35 PM
Beginner

Of course in Hungary, where goulash originally comes from, we don't use anything else BUT penises
#10 Old 08-06-2003, 02:36 PM
Beginner

Hmmm...guess this wasn't one of those countries where eating penis is considered good for the libido huh?

This is pretty damn gross, glad I refuse to eat anything I don't recognize.
#11 Old 08-06-2003, 02:37 PM
Beginner

no way, really??? (I'm hungarian) Tell me it ain't so!!
#12 Old 08-06-2003, 03:00 PM
Beginner

I think she's probably full of it. Wht wait so long?
#13 Old 08-06-2003, 03:03 PM
Beginner

eewww that was so nasty gross !!

on the plus side shes a vegatarian now
#14 Old 08-06-2003, 03:16 PM
Beginner

That's all I have to say.
#15 Old 08-06-2003, 03:45 PM
Banned

so, what exaclty is so repulsive about it? the fact that it was human, or the fact that it was a penis? or that she couldn't bite through it?

i don't see it as being more disturbing than eating regular meat. if you think about it logically, what's the difference, really?
#16 Old 08-06-2003, 03:51 PM
Beginner

To vegetarians and vegans there isn't much of a difference--or we probably wouldn't be veg*ns. But, to a meat eater there is a HUGE difference in eating a person and eating an animal. Personally, I'd be disgusted to eat any kind of penis. And not just b/c I'm a vegan.
#17 Old 08-06-2003, 09:35 PM
Beginner

Yuck!
#18 Old 08-07-2003, 12:25 AM
Beginner

Ew! Penis stew!

I only eat Yves Veggie Penis.
#19 Old 08-07-2003, 12:27 AM
Beginner

I find those are not authentic enough. The Yves "soynises" you actually can chew.

#20 Old 08-07-2003, 12:37 AM
Banned

This brings to mind a scene in the movie The cook, the thief, his wife and her lover.
#21 Old 08-07-2003, 12:40 AM
Beginner

It's similar to the story where someone found a beak in the chicken. People really don't like blatant reminders that they are infact eating a dead animal... blech, as if eating meat off the bone isn't enough of a reminder. But hey, anything that is done long enough becomes commonplace and acceptable. Even eating penises would. Although, I've walked by places that said they served tongue & brain, those two items are just as if not MORE disgusting than a penis.

Ok, my veggie food is starting to swirl a bit, new subject
#22 Old 08-08-2003, 10:27 AM
Beginner

Uggghhhhhh.... That is revolting.

But look on the bright side -- at least she became vegetarian!!
#23 Old 08-08-2003, 12:47 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurmudgeon

This brings to mind a scene in the movie The cook, the thief, his wife and her lover.

I like that movie! Quite sick and odd.

But that's gotta be a tabloid article ... why wait three days to sue, much less three years? Not to mention, given the tools available to forensic medicine today, it's hard to believe that they couldn't determine if it was a human penis.
#24 Old 08-09-2003, 09:18 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally posted by borealis

I only eat Yves Veggie Penis.

LMAO! Oh man, that just amused the hell out of me

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page