AZ Police Want to Use Monkeys on SWAT Team - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-21-2005, 07:59 AM
Beginner

Quote:
PHOENIX, Arizona (Reuters) -- "Send in the SWAT monkey" is not an order police commanders are accustomed to giving, but that could change if an Arizona police department follows through on a proposal to train a capuchin monkey for high-risk police operations.

A Special Weapons and Tactics veteran from Mesa, Arizona, a suburb of Phoenix, has researched the possibility of landing a $100,000 federal grant to fund a pilot program to train one monkey.

"Everybody laughs about it until they really start thinking about it," Sean Truelove told the East Valley Tribune, a local newspaper. "It could change the way we do business."

Major city police departments in the United States use paramilitary SWAT teams for hostage situations and in situations involving heavily armed criminals.

If I were in a hostage situation or with a heavily armed criminal, the last thing I would want is the police sending in a monkey to save me. As Napoleon would say, "Friggin' Idiots!"

link: http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/04/21/swa...eut/index.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-21-2005, 11:08 PM
Beginner

friggin idiots is right....this is just disturbing but it would be useful in some ways..i just consider it to be immoral because they use them to save lives but then don't care about the risk of the monkey's life...have a little respect geez
#3 Old 04-22-2005, 12:05 AM
Beginner

ah, so the criminal can waste all of his/her bullets on the monkey and then the swat team will bust the doors down....
#4 Old 04-22-2005, 12:23 AM
Beginner

Uh... what happens if the monkey f*cks up and someone gets killed?

I've heard that in Germany they send in a pack of Rotties to break up bar fights.
#5 Old 04-22-2005, 03:26 AM
Beginner

and what is going to happen here, a highly distressed (or cool if cool) criminal gets to play monkey frolics whilst covertly the monkey clambers onto head of criminal in attempt to cover up eyes, distract and disorientate, how every stupid and unethical.
#6 Old 04-22-2005, 03:28 AM
Beginner

and what is going to happen here, a highly distressed (or cool if cool) criminal gets to play monkey frolics whilst covertly the monkey clambers onto head of criminal in attempt to cover up eyes of that person, to distract and disorientate, how very stupid and unethical and completely dumb.

"Hey sheeesh, yes of course a monkey", why did nobody this of this before urrrrh......yeah boss but don't we make monkeys of ourselves enough already"
#7 Old 04-22-2005, 07:26 PM
Beginner

This is disturbingly reminiscent of Day of the Dolphin http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0069946

And even of The Doberman Gang http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0068491
#8 Old 04-22-2005, 09:42 PM
Banned

"Send in the SWAT monkey!"

Ya know, even the bad movies I watch never have lines that insane.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page