VeggieBoards banner

'Jackass' star Steve-O heading to jail for SeaWorld protest

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Werewolf Girl 
#1 ·
Just read this article about Steve-O, whose real name is Stephen Glover, being sentenced to jail for his recent anti-SeaWorld stunt. He's been sentenced to 30 days in LA County jail, and will surrender on December 9.

I have to say that prior to this stunt--where he climbed a crane in Hollywood, set off fireworks, and basically caused quite a commotion--I had no idea that he was on our side! His form of entertainment isn't exactly my cup of tea, you know?!

Bravo, Steve-O, for standing up for those whose voices are otherwise not heard.

#3 ·
Thank you so much for sharing that link. :)

I'll tell you right now I did not finish watching it. I stopped at the part where they switched to the factory farm. *I* don't need to see that--I've been painfully aware of that reality for many years now. However, I'm planning on keeping this video's URL handy for firing off to omnivores/hypocrites as needed. :D

It's really unconscionable that we--and I mean we as a society--are allowed to torture and kill SOME sentient beings, while simultaneously treating our pets so differently. A pig is a dog is a cow is a cat...

#5 ·
I don't think a warning is necessary--not here on this board, you know?! Anyone stopping by here is most likely aware of what they may find.

In the video--the little bit at the beginning that I watched--I LOVE how it makes the pigs so...REAL. And I love how it makes the point that pigs are smarter than the pet animals we have. Definitely required viewing for those who haven't yet seen the light!

#6 ·
I still have difficulty taking Steve-O seriously considering he still can't appear in a thread title without prefacing the fact that YES, he was in Jackass, that one show where they tempted a snake to bite their penis.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.