VeggieBoards banner

Steve-O Gets Serious: Slams the Meat Industry, Promotes Compassion

656 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  4everaspirit 
#1 ·
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bruce-friedrich/steveo_b_2211736.html
Quote:
In what has to be his most unlikely movie role yet, Steve-O has narrated What Came Before, a 10-minute film short about three escapees from the American meat industry.

The star, best known for inflicting pain on himself, is on a mission to end pain and suffering for animals raised for food.

In What Came Before, Steve-O tells the stories of three farm animals -- Nikki, Symphony, and Fanny -- who escaped factory farms and are presently living the good life at Farm Sanctuary. Nikki is a pig who was pregnant when she escaped a gestation crate during the Iowa floods, Symphony is a hen who escaped her tiny cage when a tornado demolished the shed she was housed in, and Fanny is a former dairy cow who was crippled when Farm Sanctuary rescued her from a livestock auction.

In addition to the happy stories of these rescued animals, Steve-O details What Came Before -- standard conditions in modern factory farms and slaughterhouses -- and encourages viewers to stop supporting similar abuses.

Says Steve-O: "You wouldn't personally do any of the things you saw in this film to Nikki, Symphony, Fanny or any other animal. So I'm sure you don't want to pay others to hurt them for you."
Click the link to watch the video. If you haven't seen this yet I highly recommend watching and sharing it.

Reactions: River
#2 ·
I have already shared this video. He owns it, while also using effective advocacy like appealing to people's already held values and focusing on one individual animal instead of just billions.

carrot.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.