Squid Injects Woman's Tongue With Sperm Bag As She Eats In Korea - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-15-2012, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/15/squid-sperm_n_1599591.html
Quote:
The squid was partially cooked -- of course it was hot and bothered.

A woman in Seoul, Korea was eating semi-boiled squid when the cephalopod injected its sperm bag into her tongue, according to research published in February.

The unidentified woman reportedly experienced a "pricking and foreign-body sensation" while she chewed and spat the squid out. She had to go to the hospital when she felt severe pain and several "small, squirming" creepy crawlies in her mouth.

Doctors found that the squid had left "twelve small, white spindle-shaped, bug-like organisms" in the mucous membranes of her tongue and cheek.

Indeed, the woman's mouth had been essentially inseminated.

Researchers think that the squid's sperm bags came out while the woman chewed her food. Squids have "sperm bags," which are ejaculatory apparatuses that attach themselves to a female's body before slowly secreting sperm, according to Fairfax New Zealand News.

It's not the first time a squid has tried to fertilize a human mouth. There have been several incidents in Japan where people have complained of oral stings by their food, the news site reported.

When consuming raw squid, diners should remove their internal organs, or boil the tasty treat long enough to kill its sperm bags, researchers warned.

That's just... I don't even... spew.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-15-2012, 02:01 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Oh my god, that is so nasty.....and so wrong on so many ethically levels to the poor squid.

Reminds me of a story I saw on another website of an anti vegan person's profile, about a lady who....well I won't even go there, let's just say something happened with a lobster, and she gave birth to baby ones. Most disturbing story ever. (Though I think it was a myth and untrue.) Still, nonethless I can't tell which story I think is more disgusting, disturbing, and so so wrong.

This line irks me the wrong way....along with many others. "boil the tasty treat long enough to kill its sperm bags, researchers warned." Just.....ew.

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
#3 Old 06-15-2012, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everaspirit View Post

Oh my god, that is so nasty.....and so wrong on so many ethically levels to the poor squid.

Reminds me of a story I saw on another website of an anti vegan person's profile, about a lady who....well I won't even go there, let's just say something happened with a lobster, and she gave birth to baby ones. Most disturbing story ever. (Though I think it was a myth and untrue.) Still, nonethless I can't tell which story I think is more disgusting, disturbing, and so so wrong.

This line irks me the wrong way....along with many others. "boil the tasty treat long enough to kill its sperm bags, researchers warned."

I know! Even if you don't take ethical issues into consideration, WHY would you even want to eat a tentacled sea monster that's full of sperm? I've always found most 'sea food' rather horrifying (plus the term itself is kind of horrifying)

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#4 Old 06-15-2012, 02:07 PM
Beginner

Worst thread ever.

#5 Old 06-15-2012, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

Worst thread ever.

Something for the pescetarians to think about wink3.gif

#6 Old 06-15-2012, 02:17 PM
Beginner

That is so disgusting!!!!

#7 Old 06-15-2012, 02:44 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

Something for the pescetarians to think about wink3.gif

LOL. Definitley. If that doesn't get them to stop eating seafood....I honestly don't know what will.

Also, I really hate the dishes where the fish and squids are still alive and just partially cooked....it's just horrid. Saw a video of it once and I don't want to do it again. Imagine being a human being eaten alive while burning. >___>

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
#8 Old 06-15-2012, 04:01 PM
Beginner

hungry.gif

Seriously, yuck.

#9 Old 06-15-2012, 05:55 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everaspirit View Post
Also, I really hate the dishes where the fish and squids are still alive and just partially cooked....it's just horrid. Saw a video of it once and I don't want to do it again. Imagine being a human being eaten alive while burning. >___>

Yeah, that was one of the most depraved things I have ever seen.  The fish is dying while being eaten alive and the people just find it hilarious.

People shouldn't be surprised by all the face eating, beheading cannibals that seem to be in the news lately.  Some people just take it to their own species.

"If you want to know where you would have stood on slavery before the civil war, don't look at where you stand on slavery today, look at where you stand on animal rights." - Paul Watson.

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

#10 Old 06-15-2012, 08:04 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irizary View Post

Yeah, that was one of the most depraved things I have ever seen.  The fish is dying while being eaten alive and the people just find it hilarious.

People shouldn't be surprised by all the face eating, beheading cannibals that seem to be in the news lately.  Some people just take it to their own species.

+1. Eating something alive is horrifying and disgusting.

"Ugliness, if given a powerful voice, can be beautiful."

-Martha Graham

#11 Old 06-21-2012, 02:34 PM
Beginner

My grandmother often told stories of still very much alive squid getting eaten alive. While she was in Korea, they had a squid, living and squirming and trying hard to get back into the water and back to safety. Cut off a tentacle and serve it to her seconds later. So, the squid probably got to watch one of its limbs getting eaten. 

spew.gif

#12 Old 06-22-2012, 09:10 AM
Beginner

omg barf barf barf

I'm going to have nightmares!!!! eeWWW!!!!!!

http://www.marystestkitchen.com <--That's the blog I write. It's mostly about food. Some healthy. Some junky. All vegan.

#13 Old 06-22-2012, 09:27 AM
Ankle Biter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

Worst thread ever.

I so agree!  

I will never see those ads for acid reducers about food fighting back in quite the same way.spew.gif

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#14 Old 06-24-2012, 08:23 PM
Beginner

Also, this reminds me of Prometheus.

#15 Old 06-25-2012, 05:38 PM
Beginner

Another great reason to be veg*n!

slops, gloops, and gruels.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page