Gordon Ramsay watches video of commercial pig farming, gains respect for vegetarians - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-05-2012, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

WARNING: VIDEO IS GRAPHIC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOf7hkCZjGw

I've heard about Gordon Ramsay slamming vegetarians for years, so in a sick way it's almost funny seeing his reaction here. So NOW you finally get how messed up your diet is, eh?

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-05-2012, 02:13 PM
Beginner

Thank you for posting this. It goes to show that if more people saw how animals are really treated they would probably change their way of eating.
#3 Old 04-06-2012, 12:53 AM
Beginner

That was interesting.
Some ignorant people make jokes about veg'ns... but once they realize where most of their meat comes they're not laughing anymore.
#4 Old 04-06-2012, 05:41 AM
Banned

I luv Ramsey !

He has made some comments about vegetarians in the past, but he has also shown great compassion on his various tv shows towards animals.

He always accommodates vegetarians at his restaurants. He raised pigs in his own backyard to teach his kids about food (and witnessed their slaughter w an uneasy stomach...). I saw him scold a cook on his show for dropping a live lobster into boiling water.

He also did a show about shark fishing and the problems w shark fin soup, it was great : http://www.food-hygiene-online.co.uk...lty-to-sharks/
#5 Old 04-06-2012, 05:54 AM
Beginner

I thought Europe is supposed to treat animals much better than in America, but based on this footage I'm not too sure there's a big difference. Hopefully he'll be kinder to vegetarians in the future.
#6 Old 04-06-2012, 06:01 AM
Beginner

Thank you. I am sharing.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#7 Old 04-06-2012, 06:09 AM
Beginner

I have no respect for this man. On one of his shows he gave a pizza to a veggie after convincing him that there was no dead animals in it - there was though - ramsey found it very funny.
He has also lied to veggies that his soup was made with veg stock, when in fact, it was made with chicken stock.

As for showing 'great compassion..towards animals', what is compassionate about killing them?

His comment about veg*ns 'missing out' makes me mad too - missing out on what - unnecessary killing.

I'm glad to be 'missing out'!

Think he is 'missing out' on empathy, kindness & compassion.
#8 Old 04-06-2012, 06:15 AM
Beginner

He watches the film, & is upset, then goes to look at his "own" pigs & is glad that they're not living the kind of life
of the ones in the film. He's still happy to kill them though, no comprende!
#9 Old 04-06-2012, 06:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by peewit View Post

I have no respect for this man. On one of his shows he gave a pizza to a veggie after convincing him that there was no dead animals in it - there was though - ramsey found it very funny.
He has also lied to veggies that his soup was made with veg stock, when in fact, it was made with chicken stock.

What shows did these things happen on? I thought I saw everything he has done but have not seen these things?
#10 Old 04-06-2012, 06:33 AM
Beginner

Quote:

I have no respect for this man.

Sorry to be negative but I agree with Peewit, I cannot bear GR either.
#11 Old 04-06-2012, 09:05 AM
Beginner

I'm another fan of Gordon Ramsey but not because of his skills as a chef. It's because I've actually met the man at a couple fund raisers, and he's quite different in person than the man you see on the television. He's quite charming, and he does seem to actually be moving in a more thoughtful direction. I am though, disappointed in general with "great chefs" because if any one could be coming up with extraordinary food that doesn't include meat, they could and so few of them actually give it more than a try at "accommodating" vegetarians. I just think they all could do more for furthering great gourmet vegetarian/vegan food and they don't. The result is that a lot of people are still eating meat, it's just phoney meat, and I think we should be beyond that by now, shouldn't we? Or am I just weird, lol?

'Rani
#12 Old 04-06-2012, 02:49 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainforests1 View Post

I thought Europe is supposed to treat animals much better than in America, but based on this footage I'm not too sure there's a big difference. Hopefully he'll be kinder to vegetarians in the future.

Isn't France the foie gras capital of the world? Even certain US states are making that illegal.

We are all copies of the same machine. 

#13 Old 04-06-2012, 03:24 PM
Beginner

Quote:

As for showing 'great compassion..towards animals', what is compassionate about killing them?

His comment about veg*ns 'missing out' makes me mad too - missing out on what - unnecessary killing.

I'm glad to be 'missing out'!

Think he is 'missing out' on empathy, kindness & compassion.

Agreed.

www.thesaucyvegan.com
#14 Old 04-07-2012, 11:37 AM
Beginner

I actually never heard of this guy before.
#15 Old 04-07-2012, 12:11 PM
Beginner

My favorite story about Gordon Ramsay will always be the time he was cooking commando and fire roasted one of his own "chestnuts". Maybe that's the source of his new-found empathy for castrated pigs.

www.thesaucyvegan.com
#16 Old 04-07-2012, 01:44 PM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodyElse View Post

My favorite story about Gordon Ramsay will always be the time he was cooking commando and fire roasted one of his own "chestnuts". Maybe that's the source of his new-found empathy for castrated pigs.

korrakorrakorrakorrakorra
#17 Old 04-07-2012, 04:25 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaniKennedy View Post

I'm another fan of Gordon Ramsey but not because of his skills as a chef. It's because I've actually met the man at a couple fund raisers, and he's quite different in person than the man you see on the television. He's quite charming, and he does seem to actually be moving in a more thoughtful direction. I am though, disappointed in general with "great chefs" because if any one could be coming up with extraordinary food that doesn't include meat, they could and so few of them actually give it more than a try at "accommodating" vegetarians. I just think they all could do more for furthering great gourmet vegetarian/vegan food and they don't. The result is that a lot of people are still eating meat, it's just phoney meat, and I think we should be beyond that by now, shouldn't we? Or am I just weird, lol?

'Rani

Charlie Trotter in Chicago always offers a vegetable tasting menu alongside the regular one. It's vegetarian not vegan though but he'll accommodate. He's also co-authored a raw cookbook with someone (forgot) and at various times offers a raw tasting menu at his restaurant.

“May all sentient beings be free of pain and suffering.  May all sentient beings experience eternal joy and happiness.  gate gate pāragate pārasaṃgate bodhi svāhā.”
http://www.facebook.com/doktormartini
http://twitter.com/#!/MartyBaureis
http://doktormartini.tumblr.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page