Containment Thread for Animal Abuse Stories [warning: graphic descriptions] - Page 3 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#61 Old 03-16-2012, 09:08 AM
That doggie in the window

Poachers have killed off half the elephant population in a Chad wild game preserve, a total of 200 elephants. It is largely the demand from China for ivory that is powering this slaughter.

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news...-cameroon-park (graphic)

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 04-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

Sick sick sick. Florida man faces two years in prison for killing bunnies, child abuse, domestic battery.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...ling-bunnies\\

korrakorrakorrakorrakorra
#63 Old 06-23-2012, 10:34 AM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

Animals from the Lake Superior Zoo in Duluth, MN, drowned to death because of flood

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/06/21/zoo-animals-perish-in-severe-minnesota-flash-flooding/

#64 Old 06-23-2012, 11:33 AM
Vegetarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Master View Post

Animals from the Lake Superior Zoo in Duluth, MN, drowned to death because of flood
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/06/21/zoo-animals-perish-in-severe-minnesota-flash-flooding/

sad.gif That is so sad, though I'm glad some animals made it. 

#65 Old 07-03-2012, 11:35 AM

I feel sick right this moment. Like, sick-up into the toilet sick. I just caught my mom watching some moron on the internet stamping a calf's head into the barn floor (was it even a barn?) and I wanted to die. She said it was part of something about raising awareness and such to the ignorant masses or whatever, but I can't see how she can just watch this. Impassively. At the breakfast table. With volume on.

Nasty, nasty shock. And the video didn't even catch the guilty freak's face, just his stupid boot.

I feel like crap. Empathy's no good in isolation.

WHYYYYY???

#66 Old 07-03-2012, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquariaLion View Post

I feel sick right this moment. Like, sick-up into the toilet sick. I just caught my mom watching some moron on the internet stamping a calf's head into the barn floor (was it even a barn?) and I wanted to die. She said it was part of something about raising awareness and such to the ignorant masses or whatever, but I can't see how she can just watch this. Impassively. At the breakfast table. With volume on.

Nasty, nasty shock. And the video didn't even catch the guilty freak's face, just his stupid boot.

I feel like crap. Empathy's no good in isolation.

WHYYYYY???

Aww, that's so awful hug.gif

Is your mom a vegetarian?

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#67 Old 07-04-2012, 11:47 AM

No, but she was raised Buddhist, so she didn't have too tough of a time figuring things out when I went veg. It was just the no dairy, eggs, etc. that she found a bit weird. I don't usually have trouble with this kind of stuff with her.

Later we tried to talk things out and she told me to take it easy. Guess how that went.

Then she asked me how I'm going to go into veterinary medicine if I react to the kind of content in her video that way. I'm not going to stand around watching a downed calf repeatedly trod on, that's how! That'd be entirely counterproductive to a vet's work!

I know that was borderline stupid omni material, but this is so bizarre to me. My mother is usually very rational and, y'know, sane.

#68 Old 07-05-2012, 12:36 PM

I find images or film of ANY form of cruelty, abuse or violence can be disturbing, and I HATE stumbling onto disturbing things when I don't know what they are (scanning YouTube for example).

However, often a sense of context can help to 'buffer' us from being traumatised by what we are seeing.

So from what you say, your mother presumably was watching this footage as a part of an awareness raising film about animal cruelty, yes? So unlike you, she was prepared, she understood what she was seeing and why she was watching it.

You however, came into a scene of extreme violence and cruelty, entirely unprepared for seeing it, and without any sense of context or meaning. You were unprepared, and shocked, and as such more deeply disturbed, than I suspect you may have been, if you had purposefully watched a film exposing animal cruelty - ready and prepared for the fact that you were going to witness distressing footage.

Many vegans and vegetarians willingly subject themselves to watching disturbing footage of animal cruelty and suffering. There is nothing strange or perverse in that, they choose to educate themselves about cruelty to animals because they are compassionate people. I don't know your mother, but even though you found the material disturbing, presumably she chose to watch that footage for the right reasons?

I think the defining thing is that you were unprepared and that unpreparedness left you feeling disturbed both by what you witnessed, and by your mother's apparent calm at witnessing the same footage. I don't think that your differing reactions say anything much about either of you as people, simply that your mother was in control of her choice to witness something distressing, and that you were not. As I say, context can make a big difference to how we experience or perceive something. 

The sky is purple and things are right every day

#69 Old 07-11-2012, 12:04 AM

Wow. I don't know if this story is accurate in terms of the alleged perpetrators being the real ones, but this is some Godfather stuff from the FLDS if it is.

It's about a kitten buried in cement apparently to send a message to an apostate. Really bad stuff.

Horror (Click to show)

#70 Old 07-13-2012, 09:49 AM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

19 year old abused and killed his cat because he was upset his grades were poor.

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/slc/story/Man-accused-of-killing-cat-upset-over-poor-grades/q9rSJGBa0UGy1-lRwdlUlg.cspx

No sane person would ever do such a thing. Sick.

#71 Old 07-13-2012, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Master View Post

19 year old abused and killed his cat because he was a cruel and violent nasty little ****bag.
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/slc/story/Man-accused-of-killing-cat-upset-over-poor-grades/q9rSJGBa0UGy1-lRwdlUlg.cspx
No sane person would ever do such a thing. Sick.

Edited ^

The sky is purple and things are right every day

#72 Old 07-13-2012, 10:33 AM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

tongue3.gif

#73 Old 07-13-2012, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

I really hope that guy gets some serious help, 19 is basically grown up and to be able to do something like that (especially with calling 911 himself and not even trying to hide it) he's clearly been mentally ill for a long time. This needs to be dealt with or else he's going to end up hurting or killing someone else.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#74 Old 09-20-2012, 01:45 PM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

#75 Old 09-20-2012, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

It's alarming how often I see stories like this. sad.gif

#76 Old 05-01-2013, 02:54 PM

I just joined a group on facebook called show your soft side. Its based ot baltimore. There always posting stuff about abused animals, trying to get info on who did it. I just saw a horrible picture. It was a little one month old puppy that had like 3rd degree burn on its back.
What kind of a sick f***** would do something like that. I mean abusing any animal in anyway is discuting vile and sick on so many levels but a completely defenseless puppy that doesnt even have its eyes open. That is a different kind of low. Thats equivalent or worst than doing somehing like that to a baby. Where do these people come from and why are they still alive? They dont deserve to be on this planet and they especially dont deserve to EVER be in the meer presence of any kind of animal.
Im so discusted
I know alot worst things happen. They post all kinds of stuff on there and it so upsetting.
Why cant people just leave animals alone. If you dont like them you dont have to be around them. Just leave them alone. Its that simple

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page