Animal Shredder? Anyone heard of this? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-26-2010, 02:00 PM

My brother told me about this today so I googled it. I could barely believe my eyes it is so horrible. This is apparently to dispose of dead animals but in this video the cow appears to be alive (unless the sound was put on after...) Anyone seen these or heard of them before?

Warning: the video is pretty graphic.

http://www.livevideo.com/video/BD2BC...d-animals.aspx

Another video:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/80748997/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-26-2010, 02:05 PM

Thank you for sharing, but I can't even begin to watch those! I'd have nightmares for ages..

I've heard of it briefly before and I wouldn't doubt it does exist..

Click here to visit my webpage! http://astrotidbits.blogspot.com/
#3 Old 02-26-2010, 02:15 PM

Wow that was horrible.

WHy are people so freking cruel.
#4 Old 02-26-2010, 02:19 PM

Why? Just... why?
#5 Old 03-01-2010, 11:42 AM

Such a vile invention, I watched both videos and both show animals I think were still alive. Humanity can be cruel.
#6 Old 03-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Banned

I have heard of them before. Male chickens are considered useless because they don't produce eggs and they are shred alive.
#7 Old 03-05-2010, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydvdr View Post

I have heard of them before. Male chickens are considered useless because they don't produce eggs and they are shred alive.

#8 Old 03-05-2010, 09:25 PM
Banned

like a big woodchipper, yeah (did not watch videos)? i wouldn't object to being put through one when i was dead, but that doesn't change how i feel about animal cruelty.
#9 Old 03-05-2010, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydvdr View Post

I saw the video too, these videos are so brutal.

But it's the truth... I hear a lot of people say " I love meat, but I wouldn't be able to eat it if I watched it be prepared from the animal to my steak".

But how ignorant is that? Very.
#10 Old 03-05-2010, 10:39 PM

Christ that's horrible. If they really must get rid of diseased animals in such a machine, why can't they just shoot it first?
#11 Old 03-05-2010, 11:43 PM

That is awful. I think those shredders are different from the ones used for male chicks and stuff, these do whole cows and stuff. Ugh. I would not want to see into the mind of the person who thought these things up.

And what does that go into, human food, companion animal food, or food for other farmed animals? Cause they were doing all sorts of animals, even horses.

As long as there are slaughterhouses there will be battlefields. - Leo Tolstoy
My blog - http://myso-calledveganlife.blogspot.com/
#12 Old 03-06-2010, 05:14 AM

I've seen something similar to it in the documentary 'Earthlings'. It's graphic, but extremely eye-opening. It's not rare to find that the animals being dumped are actually alive and not dead. I don't think there is a word to describe how abhorrent this is.

EDIT. I just watched the video and I am completely disgusted. No matter how much I've seen I always, always feel immensely disgusted. In 'Earthlings', there is a scene where a dog is put in a shredder. Very heart-rending.
#13 Old 03-06-2010, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeria View Post

That is awful. I think those shredders are different from the ones used for male chicks and stuff, these do whole cows and stuff. Ugh. I would not want to see into the mind of the person who thought these things up.

Have to make do with just a face, then.

That's Gregg Cutler DVM, seated on the right. And here's a wood-chipper, like the one he told Wade Farms to stuff their live chickens into as a "humane" method of euthanasia.

LL

Keep on freepin' on

#14 Old 03-09-2010, 06:53 AM

There are no words...
#15 Old 03-09-2010, 12:32 PM

I.. I got through the first 10 seconds, and then I clicked the link off. It was horrible, and I'm crying now :C

It's just vile!
#16 Old 03-15-2010, 09:41 AM

That made me absolutely nauseous. Does anyone know of any links to similar videos on a more reputable site? I'd like to include this in my speech, but those sites aren't very credible.
#17 Old 03-15-2010, 03:45 PM

I feel numb now. I'm pretty sure the first one had noise dubbed over, but it's still possible the cow was still alive.

The second video. Oh my god.... that is actually sickening. I dont think i'll sleep tonight
#18 Old 03-15-2010, 11:33 PM

Well in the second one it appears that the cow is licking around, and trying to get comfortable at first - but doesn't seem to make noise. Seems to me like it may be pretty drugged and it didn't realize until too late what was going on? The other ones all appeared dead I think.

The first one, with the cow moo-ing, not sure if the sound was recorded over. It doesn't make it any less wrong & sickening if it wasn't actually a part of the original video
#19 Old 03-16-2010, 03:18 PM

I had only heard about "the chick pulp"-machine for chickens. Sometime ago I saw the video that advertised it and it's so sick. I couldn't believe the law allowed something that cruel to be used so I tried to find more info.

I've heard that:

-The chick pulp machine has an CO2 option, so hopefully the chicken were unconscious before they were killed.

-The blades kill instantly.

Anyone knows if this is true? Please note that I'm not trying to defend those horrible machines. Even if the animals were unconscious or killed painlessly (and can we really know that?), I think this is incredibly sick. I haven't had the courage to watch those other videos yet.
#20 Old 03-16-2010, 04:14 PM

I'm not going to watch but I'm really sick of people not giving a ****. This makes me angry as ... well, whatever. Very angry.

[Sorry if I'm not allowed to swear...]

Edit: Haha. It blanked out my naughty word anyway so s'all good! Well, apart from the original topic.
#21 Old 03-16-2010, 06:42 PM

Oh god, I put this on my FB page last year. It's disgusting.
#22 Old 03-22-2010, 12:31 PM
Banned

Ok, I registered just to reply to this thread because you guys have a pretty big misconception about this video and what these grinders are for.

These ANIMALS ARE DEAD. Period. Anybody you says so has been falsely informed or is just lying to shock you.

There are thousands and thousands of farms in America and animals die from disease and complications that are completely natural. These dead animals must be disposed of. Burial is not an option for various reasons mainly because it's a waste of time, space, and useful things that can be harvested from a dead animal. But mainly because there is a large industry that removes carcasses for farmers for a fee and then takes a hazardous and horrifically smelling animal to somewhere it can be used (It's win/win). BTW this includes all sorts of farmers, even ones that do not harvest livestock for meat etc.

These animals are towed into special trucks and take to rendering plants that will determine whether the cow should be dealt with. They will use every single part of the animal for various things including the hide and bones. Sometimes if the animal is sick with dangerous diseases to both human and animal alike they will just grind them up as shown in these videos. This is an important facet of American farm life. Death happens and yes it's disgusting and some people have disgusting jobs. These jobs are important and should be applauded because somebody has to do it.

Trust me, this is the prettier route then letting a dead cow rot in the open. Hell, a bloated cow can explode sometimes. Theres a reason that in medieval times they would throw dead cows with catapults into an enemy castle, disease.

Anyway don't get the impression that the machines or people in these videos don't care about or would harm animals. They are doing a job that is very much necessary and yields many benefits to all people.
#23 Old 03-22-2010, 12:38 PM
Banned

I do want to add that some industries do have have policies where they grind up live chickens. That's kind of an unrelated industry from what I'm talking about though, I've never heard or seen of hoofstock being ground up alive. Probably because a 1.5 ton animal isn't easy to throw in a meat grinder and also a ridiculous waste of money.
#24 Old 03-26-2010, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuse View Post

These ANIMALS ARE DEAD. Period. Anybody you says so has been falsely informed or is just lying to shock you.

The cow in the second video looks alive to me. It's tongue moves.

I kept the sound off when watching these..... that's often what haunts me!
#25 Old 03-26-2010, 12:44 PM

The first video I think is faked (well, the sound is). We can hear an audible mechanical droning, and sounds from an animal, yet the grinding itself is silent? Why? And the animal, for all the noise it appears to make, does not seem to struggle.

In the second I could not find any animal that looked alive to me. The only motion I saw looked like it probably just happened because the body was being crushed by the machine. The mouth being an escape route for any gases crushed in the lungs and stomach, I can imagine that moving the tongue also.
#26 Old 03-26-2010, 11:12 PM

The first video was of such poor quality I was unable to tell if the audio was fake. I don't have the stomach to watch the second one tonight. I can only take so much torture in a day.

--
The Twilight Is My Robe
#27 Old 03-26-2010, 11:42 PM
Banned

#28 Old 03-27-2010, 04:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuse View Post

I'm sorry, but you are the one misinformed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chick_culling

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_273652.html

http://www.hsus.org/farm/multimedia/...le_chicks.html

Want more proof? Use google.
#29 Old 03-28-2010, 05:40 AM
Banned

You know, if someone had reported this guy earlier we could have banned & deleted the posts before many people had to see them. Please don't assume the mods read everything, we don't
#30 Old 03-28-2010, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthling View Post

You know, if someone had reported this guy earlier we could have banned & deleted the posts before many people had to see them. Please don't assume the mods read everything, we don't

I don't understand what you mean?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page