CNN Headline News: Veal calf slaugher plant abuses exposed - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-10-2009, 11:46 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
A Humane Society investigation into treatment of animals at a Maine veal plant shows animals being skinned alive.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-10-2009, 11:50 AM

Wow, first Glenn Beck with the head of Peta now this. I wonder how many people will swear off veal in response to this. Or better yet, look into the whole of factory farming and become veggies.

Michael, better get the servers ready!
#3 Old 11-10-2009, 12:06 PM

I think it will get forgetten about like the Cali undercover expose' on dairy cows being abused at the slaughterhouse. Hopefully is makes a difference but I'm not holding my breath.

It still baffles me that people are surprised that animals suffer before and during their murdering. Duh.

#4 Old 11-11-2009, 12:19 PM

That footage was horrible, yet not surprising
#5 Old 11-11-2009, 12:49 PM

I read about this, but couldn't bring myself to watch. The article told about how two "men" who worked at the plant would pour water over the calves who weren't able to walk so that the electric prod would shock them even more. One was laughing about this poor little baby who was wobbly and struggling to stand , saying something like,"Hey, that looks like you on a Friday night!" Another was heard yelling at one of the babies something to the effect of,"get up you sh..t bag!"
#6 Old 11-11-2009, 12:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyomally View Post

I read about this, but couldn't bring myself to watch. The article told about how two "men" who worked at the plant would pour water over the calves who weren't able to walk so that the electric prod would shock them even more. One was laughing about this poor little baby who was wobbly and struggling to stand , saying something like,"Hey, that looks like you on a Friday night!" Another was heard yelling at one of the babies something to the effect of,"get up you sh..t bag!"

Those pea-brain workers must know nothing about veal calves, that they are immobilized in veal crates their entire (short) lives. Of course they can't move, their muscles are completely atrophied.
#7 Old 11-11-2009, 02:50 PM
Veggie Regular

This made me cry. The only positive I see is that they get to die younger and don't have to endure months and months of agony.

I hope people don't think this is just an issue with baby cows. I'm glad it was brought to attention though. The part that really brought me to tears is when they were kicking a baby cow, and he kind of looked up to the other standing cows, and they kind of put their nose towards him like they wanted so desperately to help.

I try to remain positive, but gosh I hate people sometimes.

Pinterest: AquaLoveBird
#8 Old 11-11-2009, 03:02 PM

I'm fed up with stories like this. Like it's not bad enough baby cows are slaughtered.
#9 Old 11-13-2009, 12:46 AM

I don't know how people like that live with themselves. The positive thing about videos like this, is that more people will think about what they're eating. Every time something like this is on tv, people are reminded that their "food" was once a living animal. Videos like this definitely make people consider vegetarianism.
#10 Old 11-17-2009, 01:17 AM

*sigh* You know what the really stupid thing is? A few days ago, I got into an argument with some idiot on another site who was trying to tell me that veal calves are loved and have their own warm beds and are hand fed, brushed, exercised, etc. Oh, please. Everyone and their grandparent knows factory farming is pretty sick and twisted. -_-

I hope this video catches the attention of at least a few good-hearted people, though like someone else said, it'll probably be forgotten like all the meat recalls.

Volke: You there, in the bushes. You have until the count of five to show yourself before I start throwing sharp objects. One... two... four...
#11 Old 11-17-2009, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanahera View Post

*sigh* You know what the really stupid thing is? A few days ago, I got into an argument with some idiot on another site who was trying to tell me that veal calves are loved and have their own warm beds and are hand fed, brushed, exercised, etc. Oh, please.

"My Little Veal Calf"?

Does s/he also think the farmers braid the calves' tails with ribbons and paint rainbows and bunnies on the walls of their barns? That would actually be funny if the truth behind it wasn't so tragic.

slops, gloops, and gruels.
#12 Old 11-19-2009, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post

"My Little Veal Calf"?

Does s/he also think the farmers braid the calves' tails with ribbons and paint rainbows and bunnies on the walls of their barns? That would actually be funny if the truth behind it wasn't so tragic.

The worst part is that you made me laugh....

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page