New Jump Swing Healthy Aging And Athletic Nutrition Program Review - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By Werewolf Girl
  • 1 Post By Vege Man

#1 Old 08-07-2015, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator

New Jump Swing Healthy Aging And Athletic Nutrition Program Review

In 1985, at the City College of New York, Donald “Spiderman” Thomas broke the Guinness World Record for longest after-dinner speech with a presentation titled “The History of Herbs in Maintaining Physical Fitness.” The record he had to beat was twelve hours and thirty minutes.

In 1988 he broke the record again with a presentation of the sports nutrition program outlined in his book titled “The Way of PDN: The Ultimate Vegetarian Athletic Nutrition Program” that lasted thirty-two hours and twenty-five minutes.

How can anyone have the stamina to keep speaking for so long? According to Thomas the answer is New Jump Swing.

New Jump Swing is a program inspired by the recommendations and philosophy of the late martial arts master and film icon Bruce Lee. An incredible athlete with seemingly endless stamina, Lee was truly an inspiration to anyone who aspires to better themselves and achieve greatness.

However, Lee was by no means a vegetarian and in his experiments with nutrition would eat massive quantities of meat and even drank animal blood, a practice that is not only unappetizing but also potentially dangerous.

Thomas goes into great detail explaining why this diet was not optimal and posits that had Lee adopted a vegetarian diet he would have been capable of even more superhuman feats of strength and agility.

This idea is an intriguing one and also hard to argue with when you look at the results Thomas has been able to achieve and the obstacles he has overcome through a combination of vegetarianism, herbs and athleticism.

When Thomas was a child he developed a very painful knee disease called Osgood-Schlatter disease. After dealing with this chronic pain and the subsequent surgery Thomas became interested in fitness and recovery. Through this dedication to health he not only recovered and became a Guinness World Record holder he also became the celebrity chairperson for the American Heart Association-Hawaii Chapter Jump Rope for Heart campaign. He has also demonstrated his program to over 60% of the Hawaii school system.

There is a lifetime of knowledge contained in this book. It covers everything from the life and death of Bruce Lee to causes of common chronic diseases to recommendations for beneficial herbs, food and exercise to slow the aging process and increase stamina.

New Jump Swing would be an excellent read for anyone who is interested in exploring the world of fitness and vegetarianism as well as the key to maintaining health and vitality in old age.

Capstan and CricketVS like this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission

Last edited by CricketVS; 10-06-2015 at 08:24 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-01-2015, 01:38 AM
Impeach the psychopath

Leads me to wonder if Lee's animal consumption was a factor in his early demise?

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"The fact is, none of us truly win, until we all win."
#3 Old 09-01-2015, 08:01 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post
Leads me to wonder if Lee's animal consumption was a factor in his early demise?
Oh I think it was. He got a bit nutso with the animal products.

#4 Old 09-17-2015, 11:49 AM

No meat/organic athlete

Aloha,
Thank you for your review of my recent work. Just to clarify for the members. I am 62 years old and have been a vegetarian since 19 years old. PDN Vegetarianism is my program of plant based nutrition. The Bruce Lee connection is based upon his philosophy of Jeet Kune Do which is an all inclusive martial arts philosophy. My program is an all inclusive plant based program.The two after dinner speeches that I hold world records in, were based upon my book titled the Way of PDN The Ultimate Vegetarian Athletic Nutrition program. New Jump Swing Healthy Aging and Athletic Nutrition program is the revised and updated version of that book.
I would like to thank all of the members on this board who have written to me with further questions regarding my program.As someone mentioned to me, mine is the first book on plant based nutrtion that they have read in which the author put a copy of their blood work in the book. Anyone can have a theory on nutrition but the proof is in the bloodwork. Something I strongly encourage all vegetarians to have done.
Over the years, I have worked with professional, college, high school and amatur athletes within all sports. Any insights into being a healthy plant based eater that I might share with the members, I will be glad to do so.
Werewolf Girl likes this.
#5 Old 10-13-2015, 04:22 PM

Aloha,
Another question that has come up often by members of this board to me is "what made you decide to go for the Guinness record?
After writing my first book titled The Philosophy of Divine Nutrition, I found out that the publishers that I was using were not quite as honest as I had been lead to believe. One day I picked up a copy of the Vegetarian Times, at that time it was not a magazine but an actual news paper. The front page featured a man named Alan Jones. As a child he had polio. As an adult he became a Marine. To promote vegetarianism as beneficial for athletic fitness as well as health, he attempted to break multiple records in fitness such as running, weight lifting and others. Shortly after that article, the VT ran articles on other vegetarian athletes who were attempting to break records to promote vegetarianism. That's when the idea came to me.
If you have ever heard of a diet that promoted itself with the phrase "This diet will give you more energy", I hold three world records using my books as the subject matter in the name of this diet will give you more energy.My first Guinness world record is based upon my book The Philosophy of Divine Nutrition. The record I had to beat was 72 hours.Using my book I beat that with 93 hours. After which I have it documented that I was able to jump rope and give interviews. I see many people on these boards struggling to be healthy vegetarians, I trust that my book will give you greater insight into how to do it in a healthy manner.
#6 Old 10-13-2015, 04:53 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vege Man View Post
Aloha,
Another question that has come up often by members of this board to me is "what made you decide to go for the Guinness record?
After writing my first book titled The Philosophy of Divine Nutrition, I found out that the publishers that I was using were not quite as honest as I had been lead to believe. One day I picked up a copy of the Vegetarian Times, at that time it was not a magazine but an actual news paper. The front page featured a man named Alan Jones. As a child he had polio. As an adult he became a Marine. To promote vegetarianism as beneficial for athletic fitness as well as health, he attempted to break multiple records in fitness such as running, weight lifting and others. Shortly after that article, the VT ran articles on other vegetarian athletes who were attempting to break records to promote vegetarianism. That's when the idea came to me.
If you have ever heard of a diet that promoted itself with the phrase "This diet will give you more energy", I hold three world records using my books as the subject matter in the name of this diet will give you more energy.My first Guinness world record is based upon my book The Philosophy of Divine Nutrition. The record I had to beat was 72 hours.Using my book I beat that with 93 hours. After which I have it documented that I was able to jump rope and give interviews. I see many people on these boards struggling to be healthy vegetarians, I trust that my book will give you greater insight into how to do it in a healthy manner.
Mahalo Vege Man,

Congratulations on your World record and your book! I will google your book title now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page