VeggieBoards banner

Birthday party help

870 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  danakscully64 
#1 ·
Hey everyone!

My mom's birthday is monday, so we're going to make a buffet style dinner on Sunday afternoon. I am the only vegan in the family. I need to make 3 dishes for this party (I'm also in charge of the dessert).

Does anybody have some great vegan ideas for a yummy dish everyone will enjoy other than salad? I scoured the recipe section and didn't see anything that would go over real well with them. I told my sister I would make vegan dishes because the rest of the food they are planning have meat in them, or cheese, lots and lots of cheese.

TY!

~Liz

#3 ·
That Tofu looks AMAZING! (the second link). I think I'll make that there
I am also going to do a vegan lasagna. I am debating on using soy cheese or not in the lasagna. For dessert I am doing a berry cobbler. It has milk in it, and some butter. So I probably won't be eating it. It smells and tastes soooooo good though!

~Liz

#5 ·
Why not make the cobbler with Earth Balance (vegan margarine) and soy milk? It'll taste just the same and turn out FINE. And you can eat it.

How about a macaroni salad using vegan mayo? Macaroni, black olives, onions maybe, peas, whatever sounds good... I think there's a recipe in the recipe sectio, if not, I have one in my blog... I promise, No one will taste the difference.

If not a mayo based salad, how about a pasta salad with oil-and-vinegar dressing... artichoke hearts, olives, sundried tomatoes...

Or scalloped potatoes. TONS of vegan recipes out there, just google, and no one can tell the diff. I promise.

Or Asian sesame noodles. Or spaghetti with marinara or pesto.

Or potato salad (again with a vegan mayo dressing) or stuffed mushrooms (recipes here or on my blog, they are ALWAYS crowd pleasers).

I am surprised you didn't find anything in the recipe section, what sort of thing were you liiking for? There's even vegan cake!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.