Good Karma Rice Devine: Key lime pie - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-30-2008, 06:02 PM
Beginner

OMG- they have Organic Key Lime pie ...

It's so good. So much better than I ever imagined possible!!!

I would sell myself on the corner of 4th ave for this.

Ok, maybe not... but it would certainly be worth it.

Who has had it before? My health food store just got it in this month, along with a cherry one.

They are not on there website.

It's tangy, and bursting with key lime flavor, and has gluten-free graham cracker crust pieces in it! Holy crap, the vegan god has been good looking out for us.

It reminds me of that fatty vegan key lime pie recipe ...the one that uses 2 containers of tofutti cream cheese . (recipe off of Vegweb I believe).

But way less fat, organic, gluten free, and frozen goodness.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-30-2008, 06:06 PM
Banned

they've made more flavours? my bum is gonna get so big, which will be sad, but i'm gonna enjoy getting it that way.

i haven't seen those two yet (or the banana, for some reason- just vanilla, carrot cake, mud pie, mint, and coconut mango) but i'm in canada which could explain it.

i'll be watching the shelves like a hawk from now on.
#3 Old 07-30-2008, 06:40 PM
Beginner

I think it is their best flavor. Can't wait to try the cherry one.

It is only 140 calories, and 6 grams of fat per serving. It is worth it.

#4 Old 07-30-2008, 07:20 PM
Beginner

Aweeeeeesome - I hope it comes to Canada soon! I only just discovered this brand a few weeks ago and wow - tasty, vegan AND gluten free? Definitely less calories than the other vegan icecream I've seen. I love the mint one....but key lime pie sounds fab.
#5 Old 07-30-2008, 07:23 PM
Beginner

Smurfbabe - I live in Ontario and have had Good Karma! They sell it here.
#6 Old 07-30-2008, 07:39 PM
Beginner

Yup, that stuff is really good!! It was my favorite ice cream before I discovered this (coconut milk ice cream)
#7 Old 07-30-2008, 07:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyvel View Post

Yup, that stuff is really good!! It was my favorite ice cream before I discovered this (coconut milk ice cream)

*shields eyes from screen* (i tried putting my fingers in my ears, but then realised this is text, and i'm only hearing you people speak in my head, so that didn't help).

no talk of icecream that doesn't seem to exist in ontario yet! i want that stuff too!
#8 Old 07-30-2008, 07:45 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodedclawjen View Post

*shields eyes from screen* (i tried putting my fingers in my ears, but then realised this is text, and i'm only hearing you people speak in my head, so that didn't help).

no talk of icecream that doesn't seem to exist in ontario yet! i want that stuff too!

*ships hoodedclawjen some yummy ice cream*
#9 Old 07-30-2008, 07:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyvel View Post

*ships hoodedclawjen some yummy ice cream*

*happily drools all over her bf's keyboard*
#10 Old 07-30-2008, 08:28 PM
Beginner

I dont know why it is not on their website?!

I should have bought 2 darn containers. I only go to the health food store like 1-2 times a month.

Someone said, "I hope they aren't discontinuing it," but I never saw it there until this month! So that makes no sense.

Also, for those who don't know, "So Delicious Cookie Dough" ice cream is now GLUTEN-FREE as well. Yes vegan and gluten free cookie dough.

fyvel- you mentioned coconut ice cream, and are you referring to this brand? They have coconut based ones which use agave I think, and even a coconut based gluten-free cookie dough one of these as well.

It was over $5 for one (I think $6 actually) for a small container, and I could not talk myself into buying, it as much as I wanted to try it.

But I did buy Ricemellow Creme (first time they carried it) and Ener-G crackers (just like a cracker should be!) and some Better n' Peanut butter (weird stuff, but my bf will love it).

See, God totally loves me lol.
#11 Old 07-30-2008, 09:06 PM
Banned

i expect they just haven't put it up on their site yet.
#12 Old 07-31-2008, 07:32 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbiedoll View Post

fyvel- you mentioned coconut ice cream, and are you referring to this brand? They have coconut based ones which use agave I think, and even a coconut based gluten-free cookie dough one of these as well.

It was over $5 for one (I think $6 actually) for a small container, and I could not talk myself into buying, it as much as I wanted to try it.

It is the purely decadent brand that I linked to in my post (it is the only brand I am aware of that makes coconut milk ice cream).

Yes, they do use agave in at least some of the flavors. The ingredients lists are usually quite simple and basic. Yes, they are expensive (about $5 for a pint) but no much more than expensive dairy cow's ice cream. Definitely worth it, imo! (But I am somewhat intolerant of soy and cannot eat much of it at a time without side effects so having this delicious, creamy coconut milk ice cream is a blessing)
#13 Old 07-31-2008, 06:38 PM
Beginner

it is in ontario! it is! i eat it!
#14 Old 07-31-2008, 06:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurie15 View Post

it is in ontario! it is! i eat it!

where???
#15 Old 07-31-2008, 06:41 PM
Beginner

whole foods is where i've purchased it. i'm sure it must be other places, though.
#16 Old 07-31-2008, 06:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurie15 View Post

whole foods is where i've purchased it. i'm sure it must be other places, though.

hmmm. duly noted. thankyou.
#17 Old 08-01-2008, 12:44 AM
Beginner

I feel so blessed to have it, but bad that others don't. Then again, there are tons of things I am dieing to try that I wish we had in this area too. Boo.

And I have not been here in a long time, but there is so a plethora of advertising now.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page