Favourite Cups Anyone? - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-12-2008, 07:02 AM

Hey I just wanted to know what you guys' favourite cups of tea or coffee were.

I have a thing for ginseng, rooibos, Earl Grey, peppermint, jasmine and green teas. I'm not too much a fan of coffee but I'll settle for a cup of Ethiopian coffee. It's unique.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-12-2008, 07:04 AM

I think tea's minging but I'm quite into the herbal / fruity infusion things.

poncy pink tea bags . . . .
#3 Old 06-12-2008, 07:17 AM

I LOVE peppermint tea with a splash of soy milk,Earl Grey, English breakfast, green with a lot of lemon, and this mix my former mother in law sent to me (I don't have a clue what's in it, but it's awesome). I'm not a coffee person either,but you've made me curious...tell me about Ethiopian coffee.

Oh yeah, there was some sort of tea I tried at a tea place in our mall that contained chocolate. It was the best I've tasted,although for the life of me I can't remember the name.

#4 Old 06-12-2008, 09:54 AM

Love earl grey and green tea.
#5 Old 06-12-2008, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyomally View Post

I LOVE peppermint tea with a splash of soy milk,Earl Grey, English breakfast, green with a lot of lemon, and this mix my former mother in law sent to me (I don't have a clue what's in it, but it's awesome). I'm not a coffee person either,but you've made me curious...tell me about Ethiopian coffee.

Oh yeah, there was some sort of tea I tried at a tea place in our mall that contained chocolate. It was the best I've tasted,although for the life of me I can't remember the name.

Ethiopian coffee's taste varies. There are three types: Harrar, Yigracheffee (Sidamo) and Ghimbi.

I had a cup of Yigarcheffee and it's quite good. It's fruity, mild, aromatic. Very good to calm the nerves. But I do know Harrar is heavy.
#6 Old 06-12-2008, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudcovering View Post

Love earl grey and green tea.

Good choices.
#7 Old 06-12-2008, 03:25 PM

I had a cup of Yigarcheffee and it's quite good. It's fruity, mild, aromatic. Very good to calm the nerves.

I could use a couple of gallons of that!
#8 Old 06-13-2008, 02:23 AM
kat

The coffee I had in Ethipiopia was amazing. Very strong. They do coffee ceremonys which are good fun. Basically you sit around a little table and the woman has a stove and heats up the water and makes coffee. At the same time they burn incense and give you nuts and popcorn. The coffee was very strong and they'd add lots of sugar to it. I'll try and add a picture to the gallery. I also went around a coffee factory, the women working there were so friendly, but only paid about 70p a day, they also weren't given masks to protect them from the dust. We did speak to the owner about going fairtrade, but I don't know if he would.

I've actually stopped drinking coffee now.
#9 Old 06-13-2008, 02:38 AM
kat

#10 Old 06-13-2008, 04:36 AM

I love Earl Grey, Oolong, Roobis, White, Almond, Licorice and English Toffee. I will pretty much drink any tea but green. I hate green tea.
#11 Old 06-13-2008, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat View Post

Wow, that looks like a great experience! I love the lush plantlife around you, too. I've always wanted to go to Ethiopia.
#12 Old 06-13-2008, 09:03 AM

I love chamomile and lady earl grey.

Sigh, I wish they did high tea for vegans. I'm not paying stacks of money for tea and no cakes.

ÂOur prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama
#13 Old 06-13-2008, 09:05 AM
kat

It was an amazing experience, I'd highly recommend it. I think all their fasting food is veggie as well, so it's not too hard to get veggie food out there. They actually grow a lot of roses in Ethiopia, I guess mainly for export. I'd loved it out there, and don't forget the coffee.
#14 Old 06-13-2008, 09:27 AM

Kat, your pictures are very interesting.The flowers and the woman's dress are so beautiful.

You guys have me curious about Ethiopian coffee now!

May I be nosy and ask what took you to Ethiopia? I love hearing travel stories.

Were there other types of beverages that they served there?
#15 Old 06-13-2008, 09:58 AM

I don't really like to drink coffee anymore, I'm definitely more of a tea person.

If it's morning on the weekends, I'll have tea with my mom. Normally we make a black tea, PG Tips most often (love it), Darjeeling, Assam, or Ty-phoo or something..and I have it with soymilk and sweetener of some kind. On a normal day I drink herbal tea....Lemon Green Yerba Mate, Lavender Rooibos, Mango or Raspberry white tea, Bengal Spice tea, etc. Sometimes I'll have Chai tea, with some almond milk in it.
#16 Old 06-13-2008, 10:32 AM
kat

Of course, though it may take it off topic a bit! Do you see in the coffee factory shot, to the far left are some people in yellow T shirts with white sashes? Basically I was out there filming a beauty contest. Was good as it took us to places that the average tourist wouldn't get too, and often we had dancers and coffee girls to entertain us. Ethiopia is a beautiful country.

At the end myself and the crew were flown to Axum and Lalibela as a treat. Amazing places, and would highly recommend visiting them. The people are so nice and friendly.

Okay other beverages, I can only really think of hot chocolate and alcohol. The beer was called St George, and was pretty average. Most nights myself and Mrs Scotland would have a bottle or two of Kemila, a very sweet white wine.

The fanta was bright orange over as they don't have the same regulations about e numbers.
#17 Old 06-13-2008, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavande View Post

I don't really like to drink coffee anymore, I'm definitely more of a tea person.

If it's morning on the weekends, I'll have tea with my mom. Normally we make a black tea, PG Tips most often (love it), Darjeeling, Assam, or Ty-phoo or something..and I have it with soymilk and sweetener of some kind. On a normal day I drink herbal tea....Lemon Green Yerba Mate, Lavender Rooibos, Mango or Raspberry white tea, Bengal Spice tea, etc. Sometimes I'll have Chai tea, with some almond milk in it.

Chai tea is phenomenal. I've never had Bengal Spice or Lavender Rooibos, though! How does it taste?
#18 Old 06-13-2008, 11:48 AM

I drink so much chai I'm surprised that when I get blood taken chai doesn't pour out of my veins.
#19 Old 06-13-2008, 01:11 PM

Current favorites are Cherry Rose red tea and Belgian Chocolate red tea. I am strongly considering the Belgian Chocolate red tea as a good sub for coffee (I also drink soy coffee instead of real coffee now).
#20 Old 06-13-2008, 01:35 PM

froggy, where do you get these delectable sounding teas?
#21 Old 06-13-2008, 04:22 PM

Hadley's Teas in Albuquerque carries them. You should drop by for a visit.
#22 Old 06-13-2008, 05:22 PM

Yeah, and have a mini-meet up!

Then you can drop by for the vegan teahouse here.
#23 Old 06-13-2008, 05:36 PM

take a wrong turn at Albuquerque...but those teas sound very delicious and worth the wrong turn!

I drink persian tea...which is usually some blend of Indian black teas with cardamom spices. I also like Jasmine green tea. I would like to try white tea, as that's supposed to be better for you than green tea.

but, my favourite cup has gotta be mexican hot chocolate...which is hot chocolate made with chillies. I like to use rice milk, as I find chocolate and soy milk don't go well together (imo). Anyways, that's for special occasions. Mmmm...yum. Today sounds like a special occasion, since I sliced my finger open yesterday!
#24 Old 06-13-2008, 06:37 PM

I'm going tea shopping this weekend!

Kat, thanks for the information. Sounds like quite a trip!
#25 Old 06-13-2008, 07:17 PM

I like coffee and tea! I am trying to cut down on my caffine consumption a bit so I have been drinking more decaf tea lately. My favorite teas of the moment are Celestial Seasonings' Vanilla Hazelnut tea and English Toffee. I also like peppermint teas of all kind and cinnamon apple.
#26 Old 06-13-2008, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedre View Post

take a wrong turn at Albuquerque...but those teas sound very delicious and worth the wrong turn!

I drink persian tea...which is usually some blend of Indian black teas with cardamom spices. I also like Jasmine green tea. I would like to try white tea, as that's supposed to be better for you than green tea.

but, my favourite cup has gotta be mexican hot chocolate...which is hot chocolate made with chillies. I like to use rice milk, as I find chocolate and soy milk don't go well together (imo). Anyways, that's for special occasions. Mmmm...yum. Today sounds like a special occasion, since I sliced my finger open yesterday!

O_O Sounds yummy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page