How long does soy milk stay good after opened? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-16-2008, 08:48 AM

I think the expiration date on mine says March 2009 so I would assume that means if it isn't opened.

Anybody know about how long it will stay good after you open it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-16-2008, 09:10 AM

Yes, the date on the box is unopened. It should also states on the package that it's good for 7-10 days after opening. I usually finish mine off within 1 week. I've noticed that the longer you keep it open, the more the solids settle to the bottom. It's unappetizing. I prefer to limit consuming it straight out of the container (for cereal) in the five days after opening. Beyond that I use it for cooking.
#3 Old 05-16-2008, 09:57 AM

depends on the brand and packaging i think. the one i buy used to say 7-10 days. they changed the packaging and now it just says 7 days. i still let it go to 10 though

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"
#4 Old 05-16-2008, 01:55 PM

As long as you shake it daily, it shouldn't get chunky. I've had some last two weeks before, and some last only a few days because I didn't know you had to shake it.
#5 Old 05-16-2008, 04:27 PM

it should say on the box.. vitasoy says 10 days
#6 Old 05-16-2008, 06:12 PM

The one I have is Organic Valley brand and I couldn't find anything on the carton. It's been a good 2 or 3 weeks so I'll go ahead and toss it. It was my first carton of soy milk so I didn't know if maybe it was good an unusually long amount of time. Thanks guys!
#7 Old 05-16-2008, 09:26 PM

Not sure... I've had Silk that stays okay for about, oh, up to two weeks. Anything more than that and you should sniff it regularly.

You'll know, BTW, whether it's bad or not- it'll have a distinct bitter flavor that wasn't there before. Yuck!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page