Subway 'veggie patty' - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-08-2005, 10:57 AM

I made a late-night Subway run with a friend last night (didn't get anything myself)...noticed they had a 'veggie patty' on their hot sandwiches menu...

Has anyone else seen these? My friend said it was good...I don't know if they're vegan...I don't really eat at Subway that often so...

Even if they're not vegan, I think they're certainly a nice new vegetarian option as opposed to the Veggie Delight (which is good mind you, but I can see it getting old)...

Eh?

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-08-2005, 11:03 AM
Banned

I talked to the folks at the Subway in Wigan. They brought out the package of veggie patties and read out the long list of ingredients. 'Egg whites' was way up on the list.

The veggie delight is boring but with careful coaching the sandwich maker can zip it up for you. I have them add extra extra extra olives and more pickles and jalapenos.
#3 Old 07-08-2005, 11:04 AM

Subway veggie patties, or veggie max as I've sometimes seen them called, are yummy!

I don't know if and highly doubt they're vegan.
#4 Old 07-08-2005, 11:07 AM
Banned

I have seen "veggie max", "veggie patty", and "gardenburger patty". These may all be the same thing. I recall "veggie max" from around 1996 or so but this option has never been at all the stores. Anyway, none of the above are vegan.

One of the stores around here has a vegan meat sub under "local favorites" in addition to the non vegan one, I have never had it.
#5 Old 07-08-2005, 11:10 AM

i dunno how everyone else feels but both veggie delight and veggie patty get boring really fast. i can't eat subway anymore - somehow a piece of bread with vegetables or a piece of bread with vegetables and some crappy veggie patty just doesn't do it for me .... probably because i like hot food .....
#6 Old 07-08-2005, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky View Post

i dunno how everyone else feels but both veggie delight and veggie patty get boring really fast. i can't eat subway anymore - somehow a piece of bread with vegetables or a piece of bread with vegetables and some crappy veggie patty just doesn't do it for me .... probably because i like hot food .....

Every once in a while I will get a jonesing for a veggie sammich...or, salad on bread rather

That's too bad about the patty not being vegan but, alas not surprising in the least

Cheers.
#7 Old 07-08-2005, 11:20 AM
Banned

I go to subway about once a month, despite there being not less than half a dozen places within walking distance where I can have my choice of several vegan sandwiches.

Jared compels me, what can I say.
#8 Old 07-08-2005, 11:21 AM

OHHH! I just discovered their veggie patty last week. I LOVE IT! I've had it like 5 times already.
#9 Old 07-08-2005, 11:53 AM
Banned

I worked at a subway when I was younger. ;-) Cleanest place on Earth - no sarcasm. If there was a fingerprint on the glass when I left at night, I'd hear about it the next morning. But now I can't enjoy the food. The bread all tastes freezerburned to me, because I know how it was baked ;-) I'll take a mom and pop veggie sandwich instead anyday.
#10 Old 07-08-2005, 12:18 PM

I don't eat at Subway very much but was RELIEVED to find the hot veggy patty option when I had to visit my parents a while ago. I didn't want to be the only one who had to get a cold sandwich. :-P

It was pretty good, too.
#11 Old 07-08-2005, 12:32 PM

I love them. I'm ovo-lacto, so I'm not one to look into the additionals. But I love them, and some olives & jalapenos can really give them a zing.

My local subway is great. They know me quite well there, and they know to expect a whole load of jalapenos & olives to go on my sandwich. Many places are reluctant to pile those two on, but the one i frequent are more than happy. Even the manager!

And one of the girls who works there knows i love the jalapenos, and each time i go, she'll pile them high for me.

i love subway. For fast food, it's probably the best place a vegetarian can go.
#12 Old 07-08-2005, 01:09 PM

I agree with the adding olives, pickles and jalapeƱos to spice things up a bit when ordering the veggie delight. I'm not a fan of Subway, as I don't think most of the toppings have much flavor at all. When I was L/O, I'd get the cheese on my veggie delight and I don't recall it ever having flavor at all, even if I got the Pepper Jack. On the upside, veggie delight is very inexpensive, and filling, and nutritionally better than some things a person could eat.

I just like my food to taste, y'know? Maybe it's just me....
#13 Old 07-08-2005, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Brandon View Post

I agree with the adding olives, pickles and jalapeƱos to spice things up a bit when ordering the veggie delight. I'm not a fan of Subway, as I don't think most of the toppings have much flavor at all. When I was L/O, I'd get the cheese on my veggie delight and I don't recall it ever having flavor at all, even if I got the Pepper Jack. On the upside, veggie delight is very inexpensive, and filling, and nutritionally better than some things a person could eat.

I just like my food to taste, y'know? Maybe it's just me....

Eh...I add nayonaise to mine (along with their spicy mustard)...I agree that iceberg and tomatoes on bread doesn't have much pallete (sp?) pizzazz but it IS cheap

Cheers.
#14 Old 07-08-2005, 02:06 PM

I agree (about the veggie delight) that it tastes like salad on bread...but, it's not too bad with cheese and peppers!
#15 Old 07-08-2005, 02:17 PM

They have those tasty dressings you can choose from which are pretty good.
#16 Old 07-08-2005, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remilard View Post

I have seen "veggie max", "veggie patty", and "gardenburger patty". These may all be the same thing. I recall "veggie max" from around 1996 or so but this option has never been at all the stores. Anyway, none of the above are vegan. One of the stores around here has a vegan meat sub under "local favorites" in addition to the non vegan one, I have never had it.

I've seen at least two different warm veggie patties at Subways. My understanding is that they're something that a store owner might add to the menu, but aren't part of the core franchise. Maybe a quarter of the Subways I've been in offer one of these. The owner of one told me that he took it off the menu because he was only selling 3-4 a day and it wasn't worth the hassle.

There's a 24-hour Subway in Seattle that has a Field Roast sub.
#17 Old 07-08-2005, 02:52 PM

Only the sweet onion dressing is vegan. The rest are LO (that's what I remember at least).
#18 Old 07-08-2005, 11:41 PM

I've had the veggie max a few times, and it does beat out the veggie delight, but both are pretty blah.

I would way rather go over to quizno's- their veggie sub has avacado!

Or go for a vietnemese sub. There is a place by me where you can get a vegan tofu veggie sub for $2.75 CAN.

That's way cheaper than subway!

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#19 Old 07-09-2005, 12:08 AM

give me a Pita Pit Falfel with hummus anyday!
#20 Old 07-09-2005, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy View Post

I've had the veggie max a few times, and it does beat out the veggie delight, but both are pretty blah.

I would way rather go over to quizno's- their veggie sub has avacado!

Or go for a vietnemese sub. There is a place by me where you can get a vegan tofu veggie sub for $2.75 CAN.

That's way cheaper than subway!

What!? Quizno's has a vegetarian option!? I got lost in the sea of meat when I went there so I just gave up and left
#21 Old 07-09-2005, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie_girl View Post

give me a Pita Pit Falfel with hummus anyday!

We have a Pita Pit here too. I haven't gotten to try their falafel yet, as every time I go there they are out of it. I like their hummus pita, though. They make their pitas so humongously stuffed with veggies that I usually leave feeling like I'm gonna die because I'm so full.

Now I'm wanting to try their falafel one....
#22 Old 07-09-2005, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalteacup View Post

What!? Quizno's has a vegetarian option!? I got lost in the sea of meat when I went there so I just gave up and left

That's understandable. I am always perplexed at why so many chains have so few choices for veggie sandwiches when they have such a variety of meat sandwiches. With all the "fixins" that are available for the meat sandwiches, why not use that imagination they obviously have for the omnis and give us more than a two-item choce?

And, two veggie sandwiches is all Quizno's offers. The Veggie consists of guacamole, black olives, lettuce, tomato, red onion, mushrooms, mozzarella, cheddar, Red Wine Vinaigrette Dressing. The other choice is the Double Cheese Melt: mozzarella, cheddar, lettuce, tomato, Red Wine Vinaigrette Dressing.

One kind of sandwich I would love to see one of the chains create is a good veggie muffaletta
#23 Old 07-09-2005, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentauros View Post

That's understandable. I am always perplexed at why so many chains have so few choices for veggie sandwiches when they have such a variety of meat sandwiches. With all the "fixins" that are available for the meat sandwiches, why not use that imagination they obviously have for the omnis and give us more than a two-item choce?

And, two veggie sandwiches is all Quizno's offers. The Veggie consists of guacamole, black olives, lettuce, tomato, red onion, mushrooms, mozzarella, cheddar, Red Wine Vinaigrette Dressing. The other choice is the Double Cheese Melt: mozzarella, cheddar, lettuce, tomato, Red Wine Vinaigrette Dressing.

One kind of sandwich I would love to see one of the chains create is a good veggie muffaletta

When I was L/O they have a meatball or Italian or something or other with [dead animal parts], onions, green peppers, mozz, and pizza sauce....I would just get it without the meat, sub extra veggies, and have a tasty pizza-wich

Cheers!
#24 Old 08-05-2007, 01:14 PM

The Veggie Patty at Subway has EGGWHITES in them.. I'ts a shame, I'm a strict vegetarian and have been eating the veggie patty for a while now at Subway. I recently asked to see the ingredients and read that there are eggwhites.
#25 Old 02-27-2008, 12:46 AM

I'm a lacto-ova

I've had my first veggie delight today and it was rather good. Seeing as just recently I've given up eating meat due to trying to lose weight and the beginning of better and smarter eating I cannot complain. I usually would purchase the turkey breast and after so many times one can become bored or for that matter anything ...
#26 Old 02-27-2008, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtue23 View Post

I don't eat at Subway very much but was RELIEVED to find the hot veggy patty option when I had to visit my parents a while ago. I didn't want to be the only one who had to get a cold sandwich. :-P

It was pretty good, too.

I find the easy way to solve this problem is to tell them to toast the bread.

Their food is boring, However, The couple times i've had to go there I got it toasted with musterd and when I was lucky and they had spenich, I would get that instead of the iceburg lettuce and i'd get every vegetable. That was better than trying to find crackers or something at a gas station during the 5 hour drive from Mississippi to Alabama. Still, Not very good, Though.
#27 Old 02-27-2008, 07:29 AM

I like their veggie patty. At our local Subway, it has shown up off and on over the years. I think every time a new owner comes along they try different things for awhile.

I like the veggie delite a lot too. For those who find it boring, try different combinations of ingredients and dressings. There are lots of "different" sandwiches hidden in that single menu item.
#28 Old 02-27-2008, 09:10 AM

None of the Subways in my area have a veggie patty sanwich. I imagine it's not a hot seller.

I do, however, enjoy the occasional veggie delight...American cheese, lettuce, onions, bell pepper, mayo and mustard on wheat....Mmmm......
#29 Old 02-27-2008, 11:59 PM

I like the Veggie Delite with jalapenos and sweet onion sauce... I don't have a dry sandwich, and the heat combined with the sweet is really quite lovely!!
#30 Old 02-28-2008, 05:34 AM

I cannot stand Subway. Not only is there sod all for vegans (yep, the veggie patty contains reproductive waste) bar salad, but the smell of the place makes me gag. Even just walking past chains you can smell the stench of dead animals being cooked

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page