Subway 'veggie patty' - Page 2 - VeggieBoards

Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 02-28-2008, 05:50 AM

I love the Veggie Delight and the folks are our closest one are awesome when that empty roll gets up to the salad bit, they really go for how much they can stuff in there! Add that sweet onion sauce and it's drooltastic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 02-28-2008, 12:56 PM

I dont like Subway personally, but my former flatmate is a Vegan and used to work at Subway.. she said that the 'veggie pattys' were definitley vegan
#33 Old 02-28-2008, 03:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Cat* View Post

she said that the 'veggie pattys' were definitley vegan

I'm almost positive they're not vegan in the U.S.

Quote:
Gardenburger ingredients: Mushrooms, brown rice, onions, rolled oats, part-skim mozzarella, cottagecheese curd, egg white, cheddar cheese, bulgar wheat, natural seasonings and spices, autolyzed yeast, sea salt, olive oil, tapioca starch, and vegetable gum.

http://www.veggieboards.com/blog/?p=338

Follow me on Twitter - @_jorts

#34 Old 02-28-2008, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FafaFrappy View Post

I like the Veggie Delite with jalapenos and sweet onion sauce... I don't have a dry sandwich, and the heat combined with the sweet is really quite lovely!!

Is the sweet onion sauce vegan? I have always wondered but never took the time to find out.
#35 Old 02-28-2008, 04:12 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm pretty sure the Subway veggie patties where I am (Florida, USA) are Morningstar Farms, so they probably have egg in them.

I've heard that the sweet onion sauce is vegan, and I highly encourage everyone to try it.

--Fromper

#36 Old 02-28-2008, 05:40 PM

I love subway!

I used to work there in my omni days. But of course I never tried the veggie patty back then or thought to check the ingredients (and no-one asked)

I still havent tried it. I miss the meatball sub though. Not the meatballs, but the suace and cheese *drools* I think I'll try the veggie patty with pizza sauce and cheese toasted. YUM YUM
#37 Old 02-28-2008, 05:46 PM

Isn't the sauce heated with the meatballs? I know it was when I worked there a few years ago.
#38 Old 02-28-2008, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillibean View Post

Isn't the sauce heated with the meatballs? I know it was when I worked there a few years ago.

Every Subway I have been to they are...
#39 Old 02-28-2008, 05:54 PM

Oh well, its not like I'd ever go to subway willingly anyhow. I'd much rather go to The Pita Pit
#40 Old 02-28-2008, 06:02 PM

the sweet onion sauce is vegan.

but ouch, i will never eat that again....holy indigestion!!! *burp*
#41 Old 03-07-2008, 07:26 PM

I'm a big fan of the veggie delight- I just omit the cheese and have 'em add some great dressing (they used to be ranch and sweet onion dressing, but now that I'm vegan I suppose I'll have to think of a different combo...), then some potato chips on the side. I love crisp veggies, and I love that you get to ask for what you want specifically!! I'm such a "Sally", lol.

My parents don't often get it for me because of it lacking protein, but I'll insist sometimes.
#42 Old 03-08-2008, 07:51 PM

I eat at Subway about once a week. I LOVE their spicy mustard. I crunch up my baked potato chips and add them to my sandwich. Good stuff.

Funny, even though I've been coming there for quite some time, they still give me a confused look when I turn down mayo and cheese.
#43 Old 03-08-2008, 09:03 PM

I've been eating the veggie max (patty) since 2003, I've literally probably eaten like 50 of them. I'm the king of person that likes to substitute meat, so it worked out for me. I went vegan a week ago and I know I'll miss it, but the veggie delight still works for me. I go to Subway at least once a week. I think Subway smells great, must be the bread.

I always get the veggie delight on white with sweet onion sauce, that's pretty much my vegan fast food option other than Taco Bell... and I'm sick of Taco Bell.
#44 Old 03-08-2008, 09:10 PM

I've been eating the veggie max (patty) since 2003, I've literally probably eaten like 50 of them. I'm the kind of person that likes to substitute meat, so it worked out for me. I went vegan a week ago and I know I'll miss it, but the veggie delight still works for me. I go to Subway at least once a week. I think Subway smells great, must be the bread.

I always get the veggie delight on white with sweet onion sauce, that's pretty much my vegan fast food option other than Taco Bell... and I'm sick of Taco Bell.
#45 Old 03-08-2008, 09:21 PM

I know what you mean. I think I've finally burned myself out on Taco Bell.

I'm glad that it's around for those days when I'm too exhausted to cook however.

Well, you guys have me curious about the sweet onion sauce now, so next time, sweet onion sauce it is!
#46 Old 03-09-2008, 09:53 AM

about 2 years ago i wrote a letter to Subway requesting they add a meatless meatball option. i got a reply from marketing that they'd think about it, but nothing yet. now that i think about how they would have to have separate meatball containers and 2x as much sauce, i don't see how it profitable it would be for them.

im not a subway fanboy and agree it can get boring fast, but the positive is that their restaurants are everywhere. i think i'll write another letter to let them know that quiznos has my vote with their toasted veggie sub (with avocado). nothing sparks innovation than customers flocking to your competitor.
#47 Old 03-09-2008, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyomally View Post

I know what you mean. I think I've finally burned myself out on Taco Bell.

I'm glad that it's around for those days when I'm too exhausted to cook however.

Well, you guys have me curious about the sweet onion sauce now, so next time, sweet onion sauce it is!

Not to change the subject, but what do you all like to order when you go to Taco bell? I'm not very creative and I get too frustrated to try to mix and match for a vegan meal at fast food places other than Subway.
#48 Old 03-09-2008, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyomally View Post

Funny, even though I've been coming there for quite some time, they still give me a confused look when I turn down mayo and cheese.

Same here. I go to the same location probably once a week and the people there recognize me and still do that. Everytime I am there in line I wish I had a tee-shirt on with VEGAN in large print to clear up the confusion. I think I will buy me a pinback at least to stick on my shirt when I go out to eat...it's probably going to have to be quite large if it's going to have any effect at all..hehe! probably will need a definition to go along with it...
#49 Old 03-09-2008, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamandura View Post

Not to change the subject, but what do you all like to order when you go to Taco bell? I'm not very creative and I get too frustrated to try to mix and match for a vegan meal at fast food places other than Subway.

7 layer no cheese, no sour cream

bean burrito no cheese, add tomatos and potatos...mmmmmmmm
#50 Old 03-10-2008, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamandura View Post

Not to change the subject, but what do you all like to order when you go to Taco bell?

I usually get 1 hard taco (no meat, sub beans, no cheese) and 2 bean burritos (no cheese, sometimes add lettuce an tomato). I'm really tired of Taco Bell. And since I went like 7 months without eating any Taco Bell (I started again when I got interested in veganism) it really tastes like crap now.
#51 Old 03-10-2008, 07:31 PM

I soo love subway! I get all the veggies except olives and spicy things with the sweet onion sauce. I don't know what's in it but it's heaven on a salad sandwich! Mmmm I've never tried the patty thing. What is up with the cheese pushers there? Every freakin time I go they ask what cheese I want and then stare or make some stupid comment when I say no thanks. /rant lol

For taco bell, I don't go much, I want to try the fresco stuff but don't really know what it is. It's just tomatoes and sauce stuff, I think.
#52 Old 03-10-2008, 08:39 PM

..it's probably going to have to be quite large if it's going to have any effect at all..hehe! probably will need a definition to go along with it...[/QUOTE]

Funny!

Sometimes I do get annoyed, but my daughter (who is omni) is always there to remind me of just how long it took for me to finally figure it all out.

The Taco Bell near me has a fresco style menu and I have found that to be pretty tasty. So far, they have yet to get my order wrong.
#53 Old 03-10-2008, 10:41 PM

We loves Taco Bell! Soooo cheap and fast. We each get the 3 taco meal, sub beans for meat, fresco style. I get crunchy shells, partner gets soft. 2 fire sauces per taco (for me, partner is a pussy, only 1 each).

Or I get "vegan nachos" as a snack, 1 bean burrito fresco style, 1 side nachos and cheese fresco style (or just no cheese, sometimes they ***** about giving you the salsa instead of the cheese - wtf), then open up the burrito and scoop up the filling with the chips! Partner eats the empty tortilla.
#54 Old 03-10-2008, 11:11 PM

ive had the veggie patty sandwich and didnt like it....i actually preferred the regular veggie sandwich with extra tomatoes..mmmm love those tomatoes..
#55 Old 06-20-2008, 12:25 AM

I had one and loved it, it didnt taste like it had any cheese in it at all, just spices, however the ''egg white'' thing got to me, Im sure they dont use eggwhite inside it
#56 Old 06-20-2008, 06:34 AM
SG3

I can't eat them they got caesin in them, the milk protein and that doesnt suit my stomch..They actually get the patties from morningstar
#57 Old 06-20-2008, 07:36 AM

Subway was sent from the gods to feed people like me

Italian bread, no cheese, all the veggies, sweet onion sauce.

yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
#58 Old 06-20-2008, 08:18 AM

We stopped at Subway a couple weeks ago for the first time in ages. I got the Veggie Delight and did it up with pretty much every vegetable, pickles, black olives and cherry peppers , some mustard, salt, pepper and oregano. No cheese. It was soooo good that I've been recreating it (but with Ezekiel bread) at home almost every day since, adding Vegenaise or smooshed avocado sometimes. I go through phases Anyway, we went there again a couple days ago when we were travelling and the guy making mine accidentally dumped my husband's microwaved chicken saucy-somethin onto my bread and when I caught it and told him that was mine, he asked, "do you want new bread?" Uh...YES, yes I do please!
#59 Old 06-20-2008, 10:28 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lurker View Post

Subway was sent from the gods to feed people like me

Italian bread, no cheese, all the veggies, sweet onion sauce.

yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

That's how I get mine too... well, not all of the veggies, but the other 3 are true I just like lettuce, tomato, olives, EXTRA pickles, and black pepper Sometimes avocado. My bf and I got veggie subs 2 days ago, brought them home, and loaded them up with avocado we already had I'm hungry...
#60 Old 06-21-2008, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Veggie View Post

I cannot stand Subway. Not only is there sod all for vegans (yep, the veggie patty contains reproductive waste) bar salad, but the smell of the place makes me gag. Even just walking past chains you can smell the stench of dead animals being cooked

All I smell at Subway is the yeast in the bread.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page