VeggieBoards banner

What food do you buy and what do you spend on groceries?

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  GhostUser 
#1 ·
I'm wondering what vegans spend. Some say they spend much less than meat eaters because meat is so expensive. Others say they spend much more because of the price of organic/healthy foods. I'm wondering what foods you people buy and what your average grocery store bill is (and how many people that bill provides for.)

I'm guessing it's going to come down to those who buy fresh vegetables, fruit, nuts, grains, etc, and make their own food almost every day from scratch. The others will be those who buy prepackaged vegan foods, and will spend more. Please share. I'm a college student so much of my food money is tied up in an inefficient meal plan, so I can't really give a good example for myself.

#4 ·
I feel like it cost more to be veg. I know all the peps around me here buy all these Roman noodles and such and I'm like, greeeat. You all get to spend 24 cents on lunch. If the farmers market were open year round and I could get decently priced vegetables, it might be a different story. Plus, I think if you buy all that fake chicken and fake cheese, your grocery bill sky rockets. Finals week is upon me and so I treated myself to a few "comfort foods" that I know will make the week easier. I spent 6.50 on asparagus. I got one bunch thats probably going to last three servings top. Blah.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.