VeggieBoards banner

subway veggie patty!

15K views 42 replies 20 participants last post by  Michael 
#1 ·
does anyone know if subway's veggie patty is vegan. (in the U.S.) someone asked in the fast food thread, but no one has answered..

i looked on their web site, but the have not added the veggie patty it yet.

thanks.

#31 ·
Sorry to let you guys down about the veggiemax.. but it is yummy to get if you're not vegan. My boyfriend is the general manager for 4 different Subways, so I already have read most of the ingredients on the food I eat from there.. and yes I always end up getting a veggie delite with just mustard.

Any other questions about Subway you guys can PM me and I'll bug my bf about it..

#33 ·
Last time I was there I ordered the VeggieBurger. The girl started fixing the Veggie DeLite. I stopped her to correct her and she got all in a tissy. Same thing happened the following week with the same girl. They always have attitudes and the Subway Downtown at 9th and Superior (Cleveland). Don't go there.... I refuse to go in anymore.

#36 ·
I love the Veggie Delite - have one probably once a week or so. Since I'm not Vegan, I vary it by getting different breads, dressings, and combinations of condiments.

Once, about a year ago I think, they offered me the veggiemax, so I tried it. I liked it OK, but it was a little too heavy for me, and I was surprised that it was more expensive than any other sandwich on the menu! (The Veggie Delite was about $4, the veggiemax was more than $8!). A few months later, I got a craving for it and asked for it. They looked like I was completely insane - told me they never heard of such a thing.

Oh well.

#39 ·
hmm bit late off the mark but i just went into Subways here in Manchester, UK for the first time ever and just got the roll with salad (veggiedelite) - yummy (and only a short walk from work!). Interestingly the woman who served me said that the veggieMax is vegan (she says it says 'vegan' on the box).

#40 ·
I recall having a veggie thing at a Subway here in Australia years ago, and while looking for ingredients (a bit late, huh... although I am sure it was vegan) found this:

http://www.subway.com/subwayroot/Aro...ila/index.aspx

Anyway, on their web site I can't find much information about their Aussie product ingredients (that honey in whole wheat bread thing is bizarre to Aussies), so I've contacted them to find out (from here there's a small Subway about 50 minutes walk away, a larger one about 2 hours walk away; I am considering them as possible options for somewhere to get something to eat if need be).

#41 ·
Howdy folks...I have avoided Subway for many years for a number of reasons:

1) Those "Veggie Delites" were boring, not very nutritious, and simply not enough food for me.

2) I hated the bread (I'm from NY and like harder bread, not mushy, soft bread).

3) I had heard, many years back, that the wheat bread actually had lard in it (I don't know if this is still true). The recommendation was to actually eat the white bread, which was vegetarian.

4) I hate the commercials.

However, yesterday, I went to a Subway b/c all the other places around it had an hour wait (I've never seen a Subway with more than a few people in it!!!). They had a "Veggie Patty" (wasn't called VeggieMax) on the menu. Was surprised. Had never seen it there before.

Now, if you live on the East Coast (don't know if this is true elsewhere), many of the Blimpies have a "Veggie Max" on the menu. They've had it for at least 5 years, since I have been eating them there for that long. At least they had that going for them (they don't have harder bread though...).

Both the Veggie Max and Veggie Patty appear identical. In the early 90s I used to buy the same exact thing in a round patty (I believe from Morningstar Farms). I even recognize the ingredients someone posted. I don't know if they still make it for public sale.

I'm not a regular to this board, I just wanted to post this little bit of info if you didn't know it already!

#42 ·
OMG...someone mentioned they paid $8 (USA) for a foot long Veggie Patty? I paid $4.99 yesterday for a footlong. I would have complained! It was slightly more expensive them some of the other subs, but basically fell in the middle pricewise. I have paid about the same at Blimpies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.